Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

new Lenno show

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

new Lenno show

Unread postby jb » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Any one giving it a try?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: new Lenno show

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Sure, why not.

I never understood the hatred for the guy.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Triple-S wrote:Sure, why not.

Hatred for Jay Leno? From who? Guy is one of the most universally liked and respected entertainers ever.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Never liked him, Letterman, or that goddamn Tom Snyder.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Swerb wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Sure, why not.

Hatred for Jay Leno? From who? Guy is one of the most universally liked and respected entertainers ever.

In general from my age group and a lot of blogs.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Cease » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Never liked him, Letterman, or that goddamn Tom Snyder.

Such disdain for Tom Snyder! That sorry SOB must have kicked your dog.

I probably won't watch Leno. He's a bad interviewer, just painful to watch him conversate. New favorite late nighter is Craig Ferguson, who has replaced Conan at the #1 slot (on my list).
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Swerb wrote:Hatred for Jay Leno? From who? Guy is one of the most universally liked and respected entertainers ever.

And he's got one of the best car collections out there.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Not bad.

Loved The Cheaters bit.

Thought it would have been funnier if Conan was included as a joke.

Triple-S

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:53 pm

Cease wrote:

Such disdain for Tom Snyder! That sorry SOB must have kicked your dog.

I probably won't watch Leno. He's a bad interviewer, just painful to watch him conversate. New favorite late nighter is Craig Ferguson, who has replaced Conan at the #1 slot (on my list).

Craig Ferguson is highly underrated, and he is definitely atop my list as well.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby RC » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:00 am

Wow, we agree on something at least the Letterman and Leno part.

But I'm stupid here.....who is Tom Snyder?

Oh and Craig Furgueson is coming out with a new book next week. Should be pretty funny. He's my #1 late night guy too.
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Unread postby Guest » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:48 am

Is it really a new Leno show, or just the old one in a different dress and time slot?

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:20 pm

Conan
Leno (before he left tTS)
Letterman

In that order.

Haven't watched enough of Ferguson or Kimmel to rank them on the list. I've seen a few Fergusons and he makes interviews pretty fun. I just can't stand the interns in the crowd laughing there ass off at every joke.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Kanye "Douche Bag" West was one his first show. Idk if he was the first guest, I missed the beginning of the show. They should had cut is interview short for Taylor, lol.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby Tymaster » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:34 pm

What in blue blazes is/was wrong with Tom Snyder? Always loved the TS programs. Tomorrow was great as was the Late Late Show.
Tymaster

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:49 pm

Tymaster wrote:

What in blue blazes is/was wrong with Tom Snyder? Always loved the TS programs. Tomorrow was great as was the Late Late Show.

No problem with Snyder, just a joke.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Tymaster » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Tymaster wrote:

No problem with Snyder, just a joke.

Did you know that Dave Letterman felt so guilty for getting a late night show when NBC fired TS that he promised him he would get him back on late night? Always thought that was cool. By the time Dave got an 11:30 show, TS was pretty much a dinosaur, but Dave held true to his word. I always thought TS was very underrated. Just my two cents.
Tymaster

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Caught about 15-20 minutes tonight. Had a funny segment about using Twitter to read your favorite novels. Like the 10-11 slot, since I have to be up early for werk.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:12 am

40% drop in viewership from Monday through last night.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:32 pm

Taking celebrities out to your little race track in the back works at midnight.

It ain't going to fly in prime time, especially when the new seasons start.

The show will have some longetivity because it's cheap, but it will get horrid ratings ILO.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Cease » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:58 pm

In case you haven't heard, NBC is reportedly going to try to push the stru-gle-ing Jay Leno Show back to 11:30 and cut the 10PM show entirely. TMZ says NBC's offered Conan 12Mid-1AM slot or walk away from the network.

It's my opinion that Conan's Tonight Show show has been weak- the watered down sketches and guest bits have hamstrung the zany one a bit. Also, Conan's a horrible interviewer when he's got to work down a prepped list of Q&A: "So, I heard your mom has a wooden leg, tell us about it." But, to be fair, you gotta give the guy (much like Mangini) more than a year to prove his worth. It took even Leno a while to get his legs after Johnny hit the links.

This is so bush. NBC grasping so hard for middle American ratings. White hairs must have their HEADLINES and laugh at co-morons in J-Walking. Conan deserves better and I hope he walks. Better yet, becomes super disgruntled during the 12MID slot and gets himself thrown off the network.

LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-et-leno8-2010jan08,0,5555459.story?track=rss
Coco's pissed: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/08/conan-obrien-jay-leno-nbc-tonight-show/
Cease

Unread postby jb » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:10 pm

There's beenno real new late night blood in what, 20 years? I don't count so-so actors trying to transition.

Time for someone to actually be creative.
jb

Unread postby Cease » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Conan's gone. Good for him, he's getting the full pay either way, I believe.

So it has come to this: I cannot express in words how much I enjoy hosting this program and what an enormous personal disappointment it is for me to consider losing it. My staff and I have worked unbelievably hard and we are very proud of our contribution to the legacy of The Tonight Show. But I cannot participate in what I honestly believe is its destruction. Some people will make the argument that with DVRs and the Internet a time slot doesn't matter. But with the Tonight Show, I believe nothing could matter more.

Full statement:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/12/conan-obrien-statement-i_n_420521.html
Cease

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Coco's new home.

Triple-S

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 pm

Put 'em all together and they might amount to a pimple on Johnny Carson's skinny ass
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Letterman now making an ass of himself with the jabs at Leno that he wouldn't do for so long.

Regardless of whether one likes Leno's show (or either show more than the other) Leno is extremely popular, to try to diss him now, after all these years, b/c of your own jealousy is a bad move, David.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:54 pm

FUDU wrote:Letterman now making an ass of himself with the jabs at Leno that he wouldn't do for so long.

Regardless of whether one likes Leno's show (or either show more than the other) Leno is extremely popular, to try to diss him now, after all these years, b/c of your own jealousy is a bad move, David.

Why is he an ass?

Many accounts have him shivving dave back in the day, and he may have done the same to Conan (whose own ratings did him in casue he's not that funny. )
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:29 pm

JB wrote:
FUDU wrote:Letterman now making an ass of himself with the jabs at Leno that he wouldn't do for so long.

Why is he an ass?

Many accounts have him shivving dave back in the day, and he may have done the same to Conan (whose own ratings did him in casue he's not that funny. )
Everybody knows Dave wanted the Tonight Show gig (for the right reasons b/c he adored Carson mind you) but didn't get it, almost begged from what I remember.

Now to come after Leno, years after Leno had Dave head locked with ratings, very juvenile and petty for a guy who has everything going for him and his show.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:15 pm

FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:

Why is he an ass?

Everybody knows Dave wanted the Tonight Show gig (for the right reasons b/c he adored Carson mind you) but didn't get it, almost begged from what I remember.

Now to come after Leno, years after Leno had Dave head locked with ratings, very juvenile and petty for a guy who has everything going for him and his show.

Pfft...

Patton Oswalt summed it up best when he said Letterman wanted tTS because he's always loved it and wanted to evolve the franchise. And Leno wanted it because other people wanted it. He's a dick and an empty suit.

'Bout time these guys take a few shots. Letterman doing his Leno voice and telling Mavis he'll be in the garage and under the car all day and asking her to run to NAPA was good. When Leno comes back and says in his Letterman voice that he'll be under his intern all day that will be good too.

End of the day, Who gives a fuqq? It's the most entertaining either will have been in a decade IMO.

Same with Conan. His shots at NBC in the last couple days have easily been his funniest shit too. And NBC is the one that deserves as much shit as can possibly be heaped on them.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:46 am

Peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:

Why is he an ass?

Pfft...

Patton Oswalt summed it up best when he said Letterman wanted tTS because he's always loved it and wanted to evolve the franchise. And Leno wanted it because other people wanted it. He's a dick and an empty suit.

'Bout time these guys take a few shots. Letterman doing his Leno voice and telling Mavis he'll be in the garage and under the car all day and asking her to run to NAPA was good. When Leno comes back and says in his Letterman voice that he'll be under his intern all day that will be good too.

End of the day, Who gives a fuqq? It's the most entertaining either will have been in a decade IMO.

Same with Conan. His shots at NBC in the last couple days have easily been his funniest shit too. And NBC is the one that deserves as much shit as can possibly be heaped on them.

:thumb up:
jb

Unread postby DarNoor » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:11 am

I never could stand Leno. I never thought he was funny. And he is a terrible interviewer.
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby municipalmutt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:11 pm

The ratings slide should tell the dinosaurs it's time to jump into the tar pit. This format of late night tv has been needing some new revision since Carson left. I don't know what magical power Leno holds over the execs at NBC but of the three: Letterman, O'Brien, and him, Leno is the least talented of that trio. His crappy ratings at the 10 PM lead in slot are also a major factor as to why the tonight show is losing ground.
municipalmutt

Unread postby municipalmutt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:16 pm

FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:

Why is he an ass?

You're also forgetting that it was Letterman not Leno that guest hosted the tonight show for nearly two years before Carson finally retired. He was the heir apparent and was passed over for no good reason and while I don't personally blame Leno for the decision it was an injustice of sorts.
municipalmutt

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:37 pm

I feel for Conan here. I love the guy. He waited patiently for this gig and now they're pulling the rug out from under him. Unbelievable. I think Conan should say F em and try his luck on Fox if they'll offer him an 11pm gig. No way he crashes and burns like Chevy.
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:I feel for Conan here. I love the guy. He waited patiently for this gig and now they're pulling the rug out from under him. Unbelievable. I think Conan should say F em and try his luck on Fox if they'll offer him an 11pm gig. No way he crashes and burns like Chevy.

He's to blame. His rating TANKED.

Middle American hated him. Stations were getting killed and rasing hell with network.
jb

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:10 pm

How can Leno's new show suck so terribly? He's got network primetime leading into his show, he has full creative control to make it what he wants. It's absolutely terrible though. What gives? It's almost like he's tanking on purpose.

How are the ratings in the 18-40something demographic between Conan and Dave?
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Doc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:59 am

This last week of Conan has been awesome.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:36 am

Anybody watch Conan's last show? That was a tough one for me to watch. When Neil Young came out and played "Long May You Run," well, I'm not ashamed to admit I teared up a bit.

Classy finale for a classy guy. I'm hoping to see him on a major network again in September, hopefully beating the tar out of Jay in the ratings.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:09 pm

I've been watching Conan for 10 years. Last night was rough indeed. When he started to choke up, so did I. Conan has been a constant in my life for such a long time that I don't want to believe that I won't see him Monday night. I've always liked Leno as well and you can argue that this wasn't his doing but it will be very hard for me to EVER watch Leno again after this fiasco. I hope Conan comes back strong elsewhere in the Fall. I'll be waiting.
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby davemanddd » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:48 pm

i never really liked tom snyder that much either, but i always liked joe piscopo's impression of him on "saturday nite live". :thumb up:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:I've been watching Conan for 10 years. Last night was rough indeed. When he started to choke up, so did I. Conan has been a constant in my life for such a long time that I don't want to believe that I won't see him Monday night. I've always liked Leno as well and you can argue that this wasn't his doing but it will be very hard for me to EVER watch Leno again after this fiasco. I hope Conan comes back strong elsewhere in the Fall. I'll be waiting.

I was choking back tears as well. Very Classy send off for a very classy guy. I'm totally pissed off NBC has denied me my Coco!!! I'm also very happy, though, that wherever he lands most likely will give him carte blanche.

Team Coco, Baby!!!!

As a side note, before Conan took over The Tonight Show, I would occasionally flip over to Jay if I didn't like whoever was on Letterman. No more. I will never, EVER, watch one second of the craptastic butthole on NBC at 11:35 now. Screw him, screw NBC. I don't even want to watch their primetime lineup anymore.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture