Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

New Years Eve

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

New Years Eve

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Anyone have any ideas on what a family can do on NYE at the last minute? My wife, 14 mo old and myself were to get together with 2 other families but just got the call that one family's kid is sick w/ flu and the other family's mother is ill.

Looking for something in the Medina/Akron area preferably but can/will travel.

Romp n Stomp has their jumpers and buffet but costs 25 bones per adult. Only other option is Amazone out here ($12 per) but that doesn't start until 8pm, don't know if the little guy would last more than an hour-hour 1/2.

Wife doesn't want to spend another NYE at home doing the same thing we'd do any other night

Thanks in advance for any feed back
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: New Years Eve

Unread postby hebner20 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:42 pm

First night in Akron is good I hear, not sure how that works for a 14 month old but it is a family thing. Good luck.
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Last minute NYE plans would be a mistake. Too many people out just to BE out.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:30 pm

We talked about it and said "F-it!" Just gonna grab some dinner locally grab a couple movies and make the best of it.

Thought about First Night but w/ him being 14 months and it'll be too cold for him.

Appreciate the feedback
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:34 pm

mswerb wrote:Last minute NYE plans would be a mistake. Too many people out just to BE out.

Agree with this, especially with a young one. Just too risky with the idiots out there.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 am

A) Get a sitter and go to First Night, or

B) I like your idea. Hang out at home. Invite some friends or relatives over. Our family tradition is this: No "dinner." The wife whips up a ton of "finger foods," hors d'oeuvres and appetizers at around 7. We're talking wings, shrimp, nachos and cheese, mozarella sticks, pizza rolls, fruit and veggie trays, and all the dips to go with it. And we nibble the night away. The home entertainment is your choice. DVDs, TV New Year's coverage, whatever. As our kids grew, supplemental activities moved from Chutes and Ladders, to Disney trivia, to other board games, to scrabble, and now to eucher and other games (Apples to Apples, etc). A personal favorite my daughter and I share every New Years is we hang out in front of the tube and watch three days of the SciFi channel's Twilight Zone marathon!!!

Have fun!!!
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:27 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Anyone have any ideas on what a family can do on NYE at the last minute? My wife, 14 mo old and myself were to get together with 2 other families but just got the call that one family's kid is sick w/ flu and the other family's mother is ill.

Looking for something in the Medina/Akron area preferably but can/will travel.

Romp n Stomp has their jumpers and buffet but costs 25 bones per adult. Only other option is Amazone out here ($12 per) but that doesn't start until 8pm, don't know if the little guy would last more than an hour-hour 1/2.

Wife doesn't want to spend another NYE at home doing the same thing we'd do any other night

Thanks in advance for any feed back

Larvell, outstanding avatar, outstanding. :clap:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:30 am

Worst part is we now have a ton of ingredients for the dinner we were making for everyone that was coming over, before they got sick. More than the 3 of us can eat. Normally on NY Day, my mother in law, sister in law and her family get together for pork loin and dumplings for dinner. Looks like we'll have a shit load more to eat for dinner than the traditional meal.

We were looking just to go somewhere for a kid's NYE celebration, most I've seen advertised go from 5:30- 9:30 but finish up long before the idiots get on the road. Wasn't looking to keep the boy up until midnite, not this year at least. We'll probably go hit Amazone around 5:30 before their kid's party starts, just so he can play on the indoor gym for an hour or so.

Next year I think we'll get a jump and make plans with her sister and her kids and head somewhere like Kalahari.

funds-
been a Fred G fan since I was a wee young laddy

Have a great and safe New Years!
Larvell Blanks

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry