Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Video editing software

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Video editing software

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Looking for some, a good one.

I just started editing my own HD digital home videos and am getting into it a bit, but the in the box software included is garbage from what a rookie like myself can tell. I know some of you in here are into this type of stuff so I figured I would trust tTCF method of reviews instead of what I am reading on that thing Al Gore invented.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Video editing software

Unread postby biscuitsandgrady » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:06 pm

FUDU wrote:Looking for some, a good one.

I just started editing my own HD digital home videos and am getting into it a bit, but the in the box software included is garbage from what a rookie like myself can tell. I know some of you in here are into this type of stuff so I figured I would trust tTCF method of reviews instead of what I am reading on that thing Al Gore invented.

For HD digital videos, Adobe Premiere (can be installed on PC and MAC), Windows Movie Editor (but that is drastically limited to an extent), and iMovie (for a Mac). I run a Mac and use iMovie and it is great, user friendly, and efficient.
Not sure how deep you want to get but there are higher end programs like Final Cut Pro and Avid.

What OS do you have FUDU?
biscuitsandgrady

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: Detroit Tigers

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Unfortunately I'm a PC.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby biscuitsandgrady » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:02 pm

FUDU wrote:Unfortunately I'm a PC.

I assume you don't like what Windows Movie Maker does or doesn't. If so, I understand, it's not an easy program to work with, especially with HD video.
I am not sure you are willing to spend (can try torrents) but some fine programs for PC are Adobe Premiere Elements (its dressed down and more user friendly and affordable). Unfortunately, I can only recommend programs I have used with a PC and Adobe Premiere Ele. is one of those, I liked it and it's not too bad to deal with.
I hope that helps and good luck!
biscuitsandgrady

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: Detroit Tigers

Unread postby BruceK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:18 pm

Is sound going to be important on these?

The sound quality from a built-in mic may not be the best, if you are picking up sound from any distance. The more inexpensive editors may not make it easy to boost the levels on the sound track.

I've used Adobe Premiere Elements, but not for HD. It was OK on consumer-level SD recordings, and made it easy to do transitions between scenes. And it is fairly cheap.
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:43 am

I use Adobe Premiere Pro. It's really good if you're looking for something that can do a lot of different effects.

It might take a little while to get used to but I consider it to be user friendly. And if you really want to get into it you might want to get Adobe After Effects as well.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture