Text Size

The Rumble Room

Mayweather - Finally A Fight He Can't Dodge

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Re: Mayweather - Finally A Fight He Can't Dodge

Unread postby swerb » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:04 pm

Mayweather camp alters stance on the testing. Arum successfully calls their bluff, still tells em to pound salt. Good for him.

Still a lot of BS to wade through to make this one happen. Be hard to imagine it not going down given how much money is involved. Arum appears to be positioning Malignaggi as the fallback though.

Pretty thorough update here from Dan Rafael:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing ... id=4772853
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Reason #4532 this sport is dead to me
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Guest » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:10 am

A true kick in the balls for boxing.
A joke really.
MMA is where its at.

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:05 pm

And now Pacquiao is suing the Mayweather's for Defamation.

I'm actually amused by how Mayweather's attempt to avoid the biggest payday he'd ever see now is resulting in an inevitable loss just through legal fees.

This is why I'm an MMA fan. Dana White would've made this fight happen, or somebody would be getting fired.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby swerb » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:26 pm

Great piece from Iole on this whole soap opera.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:17 am

I was wrong. Floyd can dodge any fight.

This quote from Arum about Mayweather says it all:

"I've been saying this for years: He's a psychological coward who doesn't want to fight anybody who has a chance of beating him."

Floyd is such a little bitch. This was boxing's chance to get back into the mainstream. To have Joe and Sally Cubicle talking about the sport and the fight at the watercooler.

But no.

Not even for 40 mill will this chicken shit primadonna get into the ring with someone he isn't 100% sure he can beat and walk away unhurt.

What a god damn disgrace.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby pup » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:48 am

Swerb wrote:I was wrong. Floyd can dodge any fight.

This quote from Arum about Mayweather says it all:

"I've been saying this for years: He's a psychological coward who doesn't want to fight anybody who has a chance of beating him."

Floyd is such a little bitch. This was boxing's chance to get back into the mainstream. To have Joe and Sally Cubicle talking about the sport and the fight at the watercooler.

But no.

Not even for 40 mill will this chicken shit primadonna get into the ring with someone he isn't 100% sure he can beat and walk away unhurt.

What a god damn disgrace.

The Sport of Queens.

No way in hell do I ever do anything to support this sport.

And like I said when this idea for a fight started. The fight itself would have been a huge letdown to all of you that were so amped for it. Floyd dances for 12 or gets knocked out early. Although, seeing him get knocked out even 20 seconds in would make it worth it to some.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:06 am

Bitches.
F em all.

Unread postby justmebd » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:12 am

So who ruined boxing?

Mayweather?

Mayweather's Spiritual Father Hector "I'm a whiny bitch who will run for 12 rounds and get a decision but I'll call myself Macho" Camacho?

Don King?

I hate what boxing has become. This is ridiculous.
justmebd

Unread postby pup » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:56 am

justmebd wrote:So who ruined boxing?

Mayweather?

Mayweather's Spiritual Father Hector "I'm a whiny bitch who will run for 12 rounds and get a decision but I'll call myself Macho" Camacho?

Don King?

Not sure the exact time and place, but the day the promoters became bigger names than the fighters is a good place to start.

Want to fix boxing? Get one association. Have them schedule the fights. Total purse based on interest of the fight. Winner gets 65%, loser 35%, regardless of name.

And find a way to convince some guys back into having a heavyweight division (which will be much tougher).

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby BernieBrown » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:10 pm

I am so PO'ed right now. This whole situation is sickening. I'm a huge boxing guy, and an admitted apologist and this has left a bad taste in my mouth. If this fight doesn't happen everyone involved needs to be shot!
BernieBrown

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:25 pm

I will not buy another Mayweather PPV until he fights Pacquiao. And I buy every PPV.

It will kill me to miss a fight, even one from that coward, but I refuse to spend another penny on anything associated with that piece of shit.

Looking like Pacquiao/Yuri Foreman and Mayweather/Paulie Malignaggi in March. Paulie's a perfect Floyd opponent.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby BernieBrown » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Interesting last I heard I thought Paulie Malignaggi was Pacman's back up plan. Either way I guess it will be fun to see someone beat the hell out of Malignaggi. However I'm still holding onto a very slim hope that this fight will be back on soon, and happen on schedule.
BernieBrown

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:49 pm

2 horrible fights.
What a kick in the nuts for boxing fans.
Why is mma growing so fast again?

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:51 pm

BernieBrown wrote:Interesting last I heard I thought Paulie Malignaggi was Pacman's back up plan. Either way I guess it will be fun to see someone beat the hell out of Malignaggi. However I'm still holding onto a very slim hope that this fight will be back on soon, and happen on schedule.

I still put the chances of it happening on March 13 at 30%. It's mind-boggling that Mayweather is such a bitch, not even 40mm can convince him to actually be a man for once in his life. I think it's very telling. Mayweather is terrified of getting hit and hurt. And I'm now convinced that his "retirement" after the Hatton mismatch was done so he wouldn't have to deal with Cotto/Margarito/Williams, who at the time, were all starting to nip at his heels.

Floyd and Roger Mayweather. Both charged with assault for hitting women. Both afraid to get hit by a man though.

Tells you all you need to know about these assholes.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby BernieBrown » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Well it looks like Joshua Clottey is going to be stepping in to take the March 13th fight with Pacquiao, and boxing is going to give the fans the middle finger yet again.

:fu:
THANKS BOXING
BernieBrown

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Pup wrote:
justmebd wrote:So who ruined boxing?

Mayweather?

Don King?

Not sure the exact time and place, but the day the promoters became bigger names than the fighters is a good place to start.

Want to fix boxing? Get one association. Have them schedule the fights. Total purse based on interest of the fight. Winner gets 65%, loser 35%, regardless of name.

And find a way to convince some guys back into having a heavyweight division (which will be much tougher).

Speaking of the heavyweight division, there are three recognized Heavyweight Champs between the four major organizations.

MMA? One, Brock Lesnar. I have nothing against the WEC, but UFC is where it's at, those are the only champs anyone except the truly hardcore fans know about or talk about.
justmebd

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:02 pm

WEC doesnt have a heavyweight division and never did.
They are owned by the same company too.
The WEC is awesome, 135 145 and 155 divisions.
To me, those the best fights and the best weight classes.
Tune in tomorrow night and see why.

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Love to, but unemployment means no pay-per-views in my near future. Not sure any of the sportsbars around Y-town are carrying it, either.
justmebd

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 am

WEC has never had a pay per view, every event is on Versus.
That will be changing soon however, they are looking at 2 pay per view events per year.

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Nate Freaking Campbell. Amazing. A new low from that woman beating coward Mayweather and his whole team of criminals.

What a disgrace to the sport. Too dumb to even know it.

He fooled a lot of people with the Marquez sham. He's not going to be able to fool even his own idiotic fans with a fight against a washed up 135 pounder in Campbell.

Funniest part of this for that moron Mayweather and his brain dead handlers ... Pac Man/Clottey is going to do 3x the PPV #'s, if not more. Who is going to buy a Mayweather/Campbell PPV? Even if if it didn't go head to head against a great fight in Pac Man/Clottey?

Killing Floyd in the PPV buy department on March 13th will set Manny up to be the one in the catbirds seat for the winner of Mosely/Berto. Another stroke of genius by Arum. He knew Team WifeBeater was married to the March 13 date. So they went out and quickly inked the best opponent and put it in the most appealing venue out there. On March 13.

Just go away Floyd. You're no longer even relevant. Coward.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:44 pm

He's a bitch, so is Manny.
Biggest fight ever and it doesn't happen.
I won't watch either one of those PPVs.
F Arum and F Golden Boy.

SOG baby! That's where it's at.

Unread postby BernieBrown » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Swerb wrote:Nate Freaking Campbell. Amazing. A new low from that woman beating coward Mayweather and his whole team of criminals.

Come on dude, you must be blind if you can't see that Mayweather is taking his game to the next level with this fight. I mean Floyd vs Manny is just one man fighting another man. Instead Floyd is going to step up to the plate big time and take on THE GALAXXY WARRIOR!

All joking aside if Nate Campbell brings his A game I can see this being and entertaining fight for at least the first 5 or 6 rounds. Campbell may be a little long in the tooth but at least hes always been entertaining, and right now hes on a five fight winning streak. Who knows maybe he still has some of that old upset magic stored away somewhere.
BernieBrown

Previous

Return to The Rumble Room