Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Plans/Traditions for Next Couple Days??

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Plans/Traditions for Next Couple Days??

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:25 am

Swerb's famous sauce was started last night and is ready for tomorrow.

Tonight is beef tenderloin at the mother in laws, a stop at an old man's house afterward (the guy I hunt with) and then tomorrow is at our house.

Growler of Erie Nights stout ready for tomorrow and I'm trying a braciole to go with the sauce and the pasta.

What are you guys up to, how do you annually celebrate the next couple days?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Plans/Traditions for Next Couple Days??

Unread postby swerb » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:01 am

Same thing every year. Prolly my two favorite days of the year.

Mom has a big XMas Eve party every year. Traditional Italiano with the fish and like 18 courses. Starts at about 1 PM ... morphs into desserts and present exchanges around 6 PM.

Christmas Day, my house ... moms come over about 10 AM after kids presents. Make this excellent sausage egg bake and homemade cinnamon rolls. Dinner for 15/16 people - Honeybaked Ham, cavatellis, homemade sauce, meatballs, sausage, salad, good italian bread.

Actually took yesterday off and made all the sauce and meatballs. Be able to relax and enjoy more of the kid stuff (play Wii with my son) instead of slaving over the stove all Christmas Day.

And lots and lots of Christmas Ale. One long buzz, starting in about 3 hours here. The Strategic Reserve will take a massive hit these next 48 hours. Best part is the uncles that have heard about it, think they're cool and drink the first couple like its Bud Light. Hour later you see em over in the corner all red faced, getting yelled at by the corresponding aunt for saying or doing something stupid.

Love the holidays. :cheers:
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:13 am

Put in about half a day at the gig, church at 5. Come home, turn on the Christmas tunes, and prepare dinner -- crab legs, red-skinned potatoes, etc. with some apricot brandy to wash it all down. Clean up, hang out with the kids for a bit watching A Christmas Story and maybe Christmas Vacation. Send them all to bed about 9-930, then head to the neighbors for a few hours of cards and Christams Ale. Stumble back home around 2A, check Santa in ;-), wake the kids, and let the madness ensue. Hit the sack around 4A (get to sleep around 4:12A ;-) while the kids play with their treasures until whenever. Wake up when we wake up and pick at shrimp cocktail and goodies all day while watching hoops. Nice Prime rib dinner to seal the deal.

Btw, Merry Christmas board brethren!
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:22 am

Everything you guys said above, then add a birthday as a reason to celebrate? Fuck, I am going to be worn out by Saturday with a few days off remaining in front of me.

Merry Christmas guys.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:Put in about half a day at the gig, church at 5. Come home, turn on the Christmas tunes, and prepare dinner -- crab legs, red-skinned potatoes, etc. with some apricot brandy to wash it all down. Clean up, hang out with the kids for a bit watching A Christmas Story and maybe Christmas Vacation. Send them all to bed about 9-930, then head to the neighbors for a few hours of cards and Christams Ale. Stumble back home around 2A, check Santa in ;-), wake the kids, and let the madness ensue. Hit the sack around 4A (get to sleep around 4:12A ;-) while the kids play with their treasures until whenever. Wake up when we wake up and pick at shrimp cocktail and goodies all day while watching hoops. Nice Prime rib dinner to seal the deal.

Btw, Merry Christmas board brethren!

Solid.

Tip: Mix that apricot brandy with a bit of Yukon Jack. Heaven.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Christmas shopping today, stew is cooking in the crock pot now. Football and A Christmas Story tonight. Tomorrow, breakfast with omelets, hash browns, pancakes and cinnamon rolls. Ham, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans tomorrow night. Ham sandwiches and ham and bean soup the next few days.

My mom came down with 3 cases of Christmas Ale, so a steady diet of football and beer for next week. Hopefully make it out on the water if the wind lays down. Oh happy days.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry