Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Twilight fans get punked

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Doc » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Doc
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:42 pm
Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:25 pm

There's going to be 1,000's of fans punked next season at "Progressive Field". They'll pay to see a MLB game, but instead get something close to a AAA type game... well, at least for the home team.
User avatar
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Erie, PA
Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:20 pm

RedDawg53 wrote:There's going to be 1,000's of fans punked next season at "Progressive Field". They'll pay to see a MLB game, but instead get something close to a AAA type game... well, at least for the home team.



Really? We get enough of this shit in the Indians and Browns forums and now we just have to bring it up in the Movies forum?



I know guys have to take their girlfriends to see Twilight, but there were way too many dudes that seemed to actually be pumped for the movie when they should be acting like JB when he's gotta go see Nights in Rodanthe.
Fuck the Browns...
User avatar
rebelwithoutaclue
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Under them Skies of Blue
Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Guest » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:13 pm

I finally got drug to see New Moon on Monday. Color me 'not impressed'.

My commentary has already been written, but probably Swerb won't run it until this weekend due to Cavs games yesterday and today, and the Squealers game tomorrow.
Guest
 

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby swerb » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Yes, Mitch has penned an excellent piece on this in the queue. Will run Saturday ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17917
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Image

I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl or gay.
Shadow Scars
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:41 pm
Location: Akron, OH
Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Guest » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:

I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl or gay.


Gotta love homophobic generalizations.

Or does that not include people who watched it just for the purpose of reviewing it (and hated it)?
Guest
 

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:54 pm

I can't believe women are so into the guy who plays the vampire. Is that a man? He looks like he got strained through a condom.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:37 pm

I know nothing about these books, but as a teacher, I see my students reading them all the time, and from what I can see and hear, they sound freaking god-awful. I'm an English teacher, so I'm supposed to encourage the reading of actual novels, but I openly mock the books to my students. I simply don't care.

That said, they have to make the fourth book into a movie, simply based on what supposedly happens in it (for starters, a freakin' werewolf falls in love with a freakin' newborn):

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/21684/1/THE-DEVIN039S-ADVOCATE-WHY-BREAKING-DAWN-MUST-BE-MADE-INTO-A-MOVIE/Page1.html

Holy god, that is the most insane premise I have ever heard. I can't imagine a single person reading that drivel and afterward actually being able to say that it was good. You could chain 50 monkeys to typewriters, get 'em high on opium, and you still could not produce something as mind-bogglingly clusterf*****d as this story.
User avatar
Adverb Harry
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: Souvenir City
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:07 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:
I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl or gay.


Or trying to get laid. Don't forget high school kids trying to get laid. That is, in my estimation, a pretty good reason to watch this.

Other than that, though...
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7739
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:13 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:I can't believe women are so into the guy who plays the vampire. Is that a man?


Image
"yeah, Believe it or not."

Now, as posted before, THIS is a vampire movie

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:29 pm

My sister read these books (She's 20) and while she enjoyed the story, she told me to avoid them as she thought they were horribly written. She's about the fifth person who has read the books who has told me the exact same thing.

If a book is badly written, I typically just stop reading it.

Note: Avoid anything written by Kevin J. Anderson (Writes shared-world genre fiction). The Term hack doesn't even begin to describe just how bad that guy is. I know first hand other successful writers shake their heads at this guy's success. I dare you to try and get through 50 pages of one of his books. It's just awful.

I started reading his first book and gave up. Tried the second one just to be fair and gave up. When I saw the third one, I figured I'd give him one more shot. No improvement.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Guest » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:54 pm

Every critique I've read of the books are that they are horribly written, but evidently they strike a cord with girls 13-17 who aren't in the cheerleader crowd, but still want the hunky guy.

Unfortunately, that demographic has also gotten these girls' mothers to read the books, and think back to the time THEY felt the same. Which is why my normally intelligent (and football loving) little sister got roped in (and is going to bitch like hell once she reads my article).

As far as guys going to those type of movies just to try to get laid? Be careful what you ask for. Case in point was my agreement to go with my wife and daughter to see "Sex and the City" (but still my favorite article)

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... blgId=3297
Guest
 

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby jb » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 am

Mitch wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:

I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl or gay.


Gotta love homophobic generalizations.

Or does that not include people who watched it just for the purpose of reviewing it (and hated it)?



Here's my issue, Micth, and it ain't homophobic.

I understand when Tiger Beat mass media shit appels to a Tiger Beat / 17 mag audience. What drives me FRIGGIN CRAZY is when it jumps past obvious ceilings and limitations.

Dude, no one sees anything wrong with 40 year old cougar wanna be's lusting over 17 year old boys? I'm not jelous, I'm just saying consistency people. Women would lose their fuckin' minds in 40 year old men had bikini posters of say Megan Fox at age 16 or if 16 and 17 year olds were posing in SI Swimsuit.

More to the point, I understood the boy band / Brittany Era that almost killed mainstream pop if it appealed to 11 - 17 year olds. However, I knew adults who bought and liked the shit. I was embarassed for them. It'd be like 20/30 year olds digging Donny Fuckin' Osmond and Tony DeFranco in 1973. They are braindead fucktards. It is the same as for any male or any female over 17 who actually listens to Taylor Swift. I wished Kanye were a bigger dick, personally.

Often, America just embarases me when it comes to pop culture, and I'm not talking about being an urban snob hatin on county music and blue collar comedy. Ron White makes me spit drinks and that new song about the guy praying for his Ex casue his preacher tells him to is the song of the year so far to me. But the adoption of child culture as minstream culture is just plain fucked. I hate it. Twilight is the latest chapter of this.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Guest » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:07 pm

JB wrote:
Here's my issue, Micth, and it ain't homophobic.

I understand when Tiger Beat mass media shit appels to a Tiger Beat / 17 mag audience. What drives me FRIGGIN CRAZY is when it jumps past obvious ceilings and limitations.

Dude, no one sees anything wrong with 40 year old cougar wanna be's lusting over 17 year old boys? I'm not jelous, I'm just saying consistency people. Women would lose their fuckin' minds in 40 year old men had bikini posters of say Megan Fox at age 16 or if 16 and 17 year olds were posing in SI Swimsuit.

More to the point, I understood the boy band / Brittany Era that almost killed mainstream pop if it appealed to 11 - 17 year olds. However, I knew adults who bought and liked the shit. I was embarassed for them. It'd be like 20/30 year olds digging Donny Fuckin' Osmond and Tony DeFranco in 1973. They are braindead fucktards. It is the same as for any male or any female over 17 who actually listens to Taylor Swift. I wished Kanye were a bigger dick, personally.

Often, America just embarases me when it comes to pop culture, and I'm not talking about being an urban snob hatin on county music and blue collar comedy. Ron White makes me spit drinks and that new song about the guy praying for his Ex casue his preacher tells him to is the song of the year so far to me. But the adoption of child culture as minstream culture is just plain fucked. I hate it. Twilight is the latest chapter of this.


+1

Clarissa was downright embarrassed for the poor 17 year old kid playing Jacob, as the producers forced him to bulk up like that, or else he would have been replaced in the film. And then they have him parade around for most of the movie without a shirt as would-be-cougars drooled at him?

Dis-gust-ing.

This is why I'm glad Swerb gives me free reign to pick and choose which movies I review, so I normally get to miss this crap (see also; G.I. Joe)
Guest
 

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Mitch wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:

I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl or gay.


Gotta love homophobic generalizations.

Or does that not include people who watched it just for the purpose of reviewing it (and hated it)?


I'm not a homophobe. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Ok, ok let me fix it for you.

Shadow Scars wrote:I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl, gay, becoming gay after watching, a film critic, a gay film critic, a real vampire, or a real werewolf.
Shadow Scars
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:41 pm
Location: Akron, OH
Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:
Mitch wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:

I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl or gay.


Gotta love homophobic generalizations.

Or does that not include people who watched it just for the purpose of reviewing it (and hated it)?


I'm not a homophobe. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Ok, ok let me fix it for you.

Shadow Scars wrote:I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl, gay, becoming gay after watching, a film critic, a gay film critic, a real vampire, or a real werewolf.


Good save TIMMAH. :wha?:
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2572
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby jb » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:
Mitch wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:

I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl or gay.


Gotta love homophobic generalizations.

Or does that not include people who watched it just for the purpose of reviewing it (and hated it)?


I'm not a homophobe. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Ok, ok let me fix it for you.

Shadow Scars wrote:I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl, gay, becoming gay after watching, a film critic, a gay film critic, a real vampire, or a real werewolf.


Good save TIMMAH. :wha?:



I sorta kinda have Timmah's / jamesownsdetroit's back here. To say something appeals to the homsexual gay community does not automatically mean one is a homophobe. You could say the same thing about voguing, singing broadway musical songs, or a host of non-sexual, non-discriminatory activities. I know gay cats who poke (no puns needed) fun of straight men for attending games in weather like tonight. Doesn't mean they hate us.

I do pretty much think Twilight is a vehical for chicks and the more flamboyant gay dude (wagering there's lots of other mature intelligent gay cats with taste who'd roll eyes at this drivel.)
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Guest » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl, gay, becoming gay after watching, a film critic, a gay film critic, a real vampire, or a real werewolf.


:thumb up:
Guest
 

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:29 pm

JB wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:
Mitch wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:

I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl or gay.


Gotta love homophobic generalizations.

Or does that not include people who watched it just for the purpose of reviewing it (and hated it)?


I'm not a homophobe. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Ok, ok let me fix it for you.

Shadow Scars wrote:I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl, gay, becoming gay after watching, a film critic, a gay film critic, a real vampire, or a real werewolf.


Good save TIMMAH. :wha?:



I sorta kinda have Timmah's / jamesownsdetroit's back here. To say something appeals to the homsexual gay community does not automatically mean one is a homophobe. You could say the same thing about voguing, singing broadway musical songs, or a host of non-sexual, non-discriminatory activities. I know gay cats who poke (no puns needed) fun of straight men for attending games in weather like tonight. Doesn't mean they hate us.

I do pretty much think Twilight is a vehical for chicks and the more flamboyant gay dude (wagering there's lots of other mature intelligent gay cats with taste who'd roll eyes at this drivel.)


Not true, dude. We are no longer allowed to draw any conclusions about any group or individual about anything anymore ever. I'm pretty sure that rule was passed in 2007.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7739
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby jb » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
JB wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:
Mitch wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:

I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl or gay.


Gotta love homophobic generalizations.

Or does that not include people who watched it just for the purpose of reviewing it (and hated it)?


I'm not a homophobe. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Ok, ok let me fix it for you.

Shadow Scars wrote:I'm sorry but anyone who see's Twilight is either a girl, gay, becoming gay after watching, a film critic, a gay film critic, a real vampire, or a real werewolf.


Good save TIMMAH. :wha?:



I sorta kinda have Timmah's / jamesownsdetroit's back here. To say something appeals to the homsexual gay community does not automatically mean one is a homophobe. You could say the same thing about voguing, singing broadway musical songs, or a host of non-sexual, non-discriminatory activities. I know gay cats who poke (no puns needed) fun of straight men for attending games in weather like tonight. Doesn't mean they hate us.

I do pretty much think Twilight is a vehical for chicks and the more flamboyant gay dude (wagering there's lots of other mature intelligent gay cats with taste who'd roll eyes at this drivel.)


Not true, dude. We are no longer allowed to draw any conclusions about any group or individual about anything anymore ever. I'm pretty sure that rule was passed in 2007.



Timeline logic fail. This has to be Obama's fault.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Mitch wrote:I normally get to miss this crap (see also; G.I. Joe)


To deny G.I. Joe is to deny yourself.
Shadow Scars
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:41 pm
Location: Akron, OH
Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Twilight fans get punked

Unread postby newton9527 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:40 pm

New ping collection
Recently, PING Collection has announced the launch of the stylish and smart Kinetic trousers for the Spring/Summer 2010 discount golf clubs season. So now PING not only produces top-ranking golf clubs, but also releases golf apparels of discount golf clubs. More apparels like golf belts from UKKO really make you cool on the course(ishiner).
newton9527
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:31 am
Favorite Player: fafds
Least Favorite Player: fasdf


Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests