Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

LT v Slaton

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

LT v Slaton

Unread postby View from 171 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:48 am

Need some help this week. This is a must win for me if I have any hope of reaching the playoffs in my FF league this year. One more loss and I'm done.

Who would you start:

LT versus the Browns
Slaton versus Jags

I've been starting Slaton all year (we play in a PPR league so it makes up for his lack of rushing yds) but it is really hard to pass up on anyone playing the Browns.
When everyone else is greedy, be cautious. When everyone is cautious, be greedy - Warren Buffett
View from 171

Favorite Player: Joe Carter
Least Favorite Player: Pappelboner

Re: LT v Slaton

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:08 pm

I'd go LT, he has been doing suprisingly well this year with at least getting in the endzone. Slaton is frustrating because he doesnt get the carries even though Chris Brown is awful. If I were you I would play LT.

I actually have a team were those two were my first two picks and if I win this week I squeaked in to the playoffs. Pretty suprising, especially considering Steve Smith was my 3rd pick.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby View from 171 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:17 pm

LT just makes me nervous. I'm afraid the bolts will go ahead by 20 at the half and then sit the old man and let sproles run loose.

Every week I sit that bastard (LT) he does well. When I have started him, he rushes for 37 yards with no TD and no receptions.

Dude is frustrating this year. Against any other team he would be pine-riding, but againt the Browns..........tough decision.

Although slaton hasn't been tearing it up rushing, he has been doing well pass catching (in a PPR league that is nice).

:gah:
When everyone else is greedy, be cautious. When everyone is cautious, be greedy - Warren Buffett
View from 171

Favorite Player: Joe Carter
Least Favorite Player: Pappelboner

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:44 pm

JAX's pass D is miserable. Schaub will have better options than to use Slaton out of the backfield. LT is a sure play, as SD figures to score into the 30s. It's hard to see LT not get at least one of those.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby pup » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:17 pm

View from 171 wrote:LT just makes me nervous. I'm afraid the bolts will go ahead by 20 at the half and then sit the old man and let sproles run loose.

Every week I sit that bastard (LT) he does well. When I have started him, he rushes for 37 yards with no TD and no receptions.

Dude is frustrating this year. Against any other team he would be pine-riding, but againt the Browns..........tough decision.

Although slaton hasn't been tearing it up rushing, he has been doing well pass catching (in a PPR league that is nice).

:gah:

Start LT. Maybe he will have a bad game and the Browns can keep it close.

Just kidding. About the second part. Slaton might have a good day, but LT is the play.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Return to The Fantasy Forum