Text Size

High School Sports

State Semis

Talk Ohio high school sports in here, with an emphasis on the Northeast Ohio schools.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yargs7

State Semis

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:43 am

SPORTSTIME OHIO ANNOUNCES WEEK 4 OHSAA FOOTBALL PLAYOFF COVERAGE

WHAT: Once again SportsTime Ohio will televise two (2) Live OHSAA Football Playoff games this weekend. Friday night Div. III Steubenville Big Red face undefeated Youngstown Cardinal Mooney Live at 7:30pm. These two perennial powers met in the playoffs last year and Steubenville went on to win the Championship. Mike Cairns and former Buckeye Greg Frey will handle the play-by-play and color commentary with Andre Knott on the sidelines. Then on Saturday November 28th at 7:00pm STO will televise the Div. I match-up between Cleveland Glenville and Massillon Washington. Massillon defeated long-time rival Canton McKinley 10-7 to advance to the state semi-finals. The Glenville Tarblooders also won a tight game 28-27 over the Solon Comets, after having a 28- 7 lead at halftime. Matt Underwood will do the play-by-play and Notre Dame All American Frank Stams will provide color commentary with Katie Witham on the sidelines.
Also on Saturday at 10:00pm (or immediately following the Glenville - Massillon game) STO will carry Round 2 of the Division III NCAA Playoff game between Mount Union and Montclair State University.

WHEN: FRIDAY 11/21/09 Cardinal Mooney vs. Steubenville LIVE 7:30pm

SATURDAY 11/28/09 Glenville vs. Massillon LIVE 7:00pm
NCAA Div. III Playoffs: Mount Union vs. Montclair State 10:00pm
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: State Semis

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:45 am

Outstanding.

Looking forward to watching both those high school games.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: State Semis

Unread postby E Rocc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:29 am

I'm kind of surprised they didn't pick the Division II game between Lake Catholic and the Maple Heights Mustangs (my alma mater) for the Friday game. Ironically, it's being played in Maple's archrivals stadium.

Not that it matters to me...LOL. The bar I work at is owned by another Mustang football alumni and we have a pregame party there before we head over to Bedford Stadium
. :cheers:
E Rocc

Return to High School Sports