Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2

Unread postby bks92II » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:41 pm

Can not wait for this game to come out! Any one else getting it or can't wait for it to come out?
Long live the King...In Cleveland
bks92II

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: NY,BOS,MICH,PITT

Re: Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2

Unread postby Doc » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:35 am

It's not really my thing, but I'm buying into the hype.

Reserved at Gamestop tonight, Prestige Edition and night vision googles. I feel lame and excited all at once.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:04 am

You all can go to hell ;-) ;) :wink: . My Xbox is still at the repair center. :bag:

I'll be picking up CoD MW2 as soon as i get it back. I'll be rocking the M-16 with stopping power, well until I unlock the SCAR-H.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:28 am

You unlock the SCAR-H really soon actually.

After about 8 online games or so, I'm still getting the feel of the overall game play. The kill streak perks are a lot different now, but all I have to say is "Predator Missiles, ftw".

I'm level 8 now I think? I duno. I have some pretty killer stats too already as well. 2.01 kill/death ratio. I hope I can keep it in the 2's forever.

...I feel like such a nerd...

a nerd with gun.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:51 am

I've never played but getting ready to get in line in an hour or so (10:50) to pick up the reserved copy. The football coaches pleading with kids not to miss school this week,,,(because you can't practice).... Yeah right, i am sure a few will. Mine will not of course. I don't normally let them play video games until weekends or non-school days but since the grades are mostly straight A, I might make an exception. I've never seen so many adolescent boys perked up about a game. My wife teaches at the school and said it's was all they talked about all day.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby TIMMAH » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:40 am

dmiles no one under 17 should be playing this game lol. I can't wait. I'm picking mine up at lunch and will be playing a few hours tonight I'm sure. PS3 ftw.

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Before you begin the campaign, there's actually a disclaimer of a level that could be shocking and offensive to some. It gives you the option to skip it or not.

I played it last night... And yea... I felt really uncomfortable playing that particular level.

And if I haven't said it yet... Predator Missiles, ftw.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby TIMMAH » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Not looking for spoilers but how far in the game is that level?

TIMMAH

Unread postby bks92II » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You all can go to hell ;-) ;) :wink: . My Xbox is still at the repair center. :bag:

I'll be picking up CoD MW2 as soon as i get it back. I'll be rocking the M-16 with stopping power, well until I unlock the SCAR-H.

I heard the game has perfect graphics and real like sounds. :wow:
bks92II

Unread postby TIMMAH » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:13 am

Bill the Butcher wrote:Before you begin the campaign, there's actually a disclaimer of a level that could be shocking and offensive to some. It gives you the option to skip it or not.

I played it last night... And yea... I felt really uncomfortable playing that particular level.

I'm guessing that you're talking about the airport level? Yea that was F'ed up.

TIMMAH

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:44 pm

M4A1 with red dot scope.
PP2000 with red dot scope.
Sleight of Hand (Pro)
Stopping Power (Pro)
Steady Aim (Pro)
Copycat

UAV
Predator Missiles
AC130

ftw
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:M4A1 with red dot scope.
PP2000 with red dot scope.
Sleight of Hand (Pro)
Stopping Power (Pro)
Steady Aim (Pro)
Copycat

UAV
Predator Missiles
AC130

ftw

What's the difference between the red-dot sight and holographic sites? Seems to me both have a red-dot. The AC-130 is filthy in multiplayer. Love all the new killstreak perks. Waiting for someone to unlock the Tactical Nuke and set it, then pull off the 25-kill streak.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:04 pm

just bought this game yesturday, and man.....i suck. I'm lucky if i kill one person in a online session. Everytime i respawn, it get killed immediately. im like a chicken running around with my head cut off, and have no idea what the hell im doing. I get killed with one shot, and im lucky if i can spray 20 bullets from a distance and hit someone. if i shoot and miss, they see me and kill me with one bullet. FML
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:20 pm

Played some at my friends house last night. The map design SUCKS, every fucking window you run by has somebody holed up like a spider. That's why CoD 4 ruled, most of those maps forced the action, these are nothing but a giant campground. The perk system is ok at best, instead of making great maps they just decided to give the players 9,000 perks, half of which are stupid or cheap (no 3 frag grenades is total BS). The fact you can't get the m-16 till level 40 something is stupid, having 2 assault rifles to start with is retarded. And I already hate the UMP .45 and that fucking n00b cannon Auto Shotty. Right now this game goes in the overrated file with Gears Of Bore and Halo 3.

I might stay with CoD4.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby TIMMAH » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Played some at my friends house last night. The map design SUCKS, every fucking window you run by has somebody holed up like a spider. That's why CoD 4 ruled, most of those maps forced the action, these are nothing but a giant campground. The perk system is ok at best, instead of making great maps they just decided to give the players 9,000 perks, half of which are stupid or cheap (no 3 frag grenades is total BS). The fact you can't get the m-16 till level 40 something is stupid, having 2 assault rifles to start with is retarded. And I already hate the UMP .45 and that fucking n00b cannon Auto Shotty. Right now this game goes in the overrated file with Gears Of Bore and Halo 3.

I might stay with CoD4.

If you're not happy with the maps then just wait for the multiple map packs that you know they'll release sooner rather then later. Maybe your Gay-box will be fixed by then.

TIMMAH

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:29 am

This is from Swerb's "I'm getting my kid the Wii" thread but will be more relevant here.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Pup wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Torrents rules.

Although, I doubt Swerb is looking to illegally mod his kids Wii.

I'm flashing my 360 when I get it back.

What does this mean? It sounds illegal and fun. Fill me in. I use torrents for music. You can do video games too?

Flashing the 360 is moding the Firmware to recognize and play burnt discs. You can download the games from most torrent sites. You'll need Dual Layer DVDRs. The Fujifilm ones are supposed to be the best. You must also have a SATA card in your PC. If not the SATA PCI cards are only like $20 You must open your 360 and find out what kind of drive you have. Depending on when you bought your 360 it will either be the Samsung, Hitachi, BenQ (the easiest to flash) or the Lite On (there are two versions of the Lite On one is easy like the BenQ, the other requires a probe and connectivity kit which you can order from the net for about $60).

There are tons tutorials on YouTube for every step of the process (Like how to take the 360 apart witout voiding the warranty and where to get the needed software). Just search "Flashing Xbox 360". I'm sure the tutorials are also on websites too, you can probably Google it if you don't want to weed through the YouTube videos.

Just keep in mind, IF Microsoft finds out you modded the 360 they will ban your Xbox Live account and the Xbox it's being played on (you can still play burnt games, just not online). I have friends you have been playing modded 360's for well over a year and are still online with Microsoft being non the wiser. The people who get caught are the people who download games and play them before they come out, like right now you can download CoD Modern Warfare 2, but if you play it Micorsoft will know, the Achievements are dated and they can check for that very easily.

That's pretty much all I know, i've never Flashed a 360 but I have had friends do it ( and i'll probably have them flash my 360 for me when I get back from the goddamn repair center).

YouTube is pretty helpfull.

XBox had a massive crackdown on "flashing" coinciding with the release of MW2 (genius, get the guys to buy the game then ban em' from XBox live afterwards). 600,000 (a small % of total XBox's sold) were banned for piracy.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/wave-of-bans-hits-xbox-live/1372276
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:33 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Played some at my friends house last night. The map design SUCKS, every fucking window you run by has somebody holed up like a spider. That's why CoD 4 ruled, most of those maps forced the action, these are nothing but a giant campground. The perk system is ok at best, instead of making great maps they just decided to give the players 9,000 perks, half of which are stupid or cheap (no 3 frag grenades is total BS). The fact you can't get the m-16 till level 40 something is stupid, having 2 assault rifles to start with is retarded. And I already hate the UMP .45 and that fucking n00b cannon Auto Shotty. Right now this game goes in the overrated file with Gears Of Bore and Halo 3.

I might stay with CoD4.

First, there's no way you could have played every map for your critique; I don't think I've even played every map and I've probably put in 8 hours of online game time. Second, COD4 had maps like that too. Ambush, Strike, Pipeline, Overgrown, Chinatown, Creek, etc. Tons of places for people to hide and cap unassuming guys running around with their heads cut off. That's the point of the game.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:28 pm

With the maps I have played so far, I'm going to have to agree with CDT.

Alot of the maps have buildings with roofs that add up to 3 or 4 levels. If you're getting shot at, it tells you from what direction, but not from what height. I admit it does get pretty annoying but to me I consider it something the rest of us and I need to get used to in time. It's a different fight out there.

My favorite map so far is Terminal.

I compared it to WaW. Remember when that came out and we found out the maps were the size of Texas? It was weird, but eventually over time, "hot spots" were determined and that's where most of the fights took place. I suspect the same thing to happen with MW2.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:48 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:With the maps I have played so far, I'm going to have to agree with CDT.

Alot of the maps have buildings with roofs that add up to 3 or 4 levels. If you're getting shot at, it tells you from what direction, but not from what height. I admit it does get pretty annoying but to me I consider it something the rest of us and I need to get used to in time. It's a different fight out there.

My favorite map so far is Terminal.

I compared it to WaW. Remember when that came out and we found out the maps were the size of Texas? It was weird, but eventually over time, "hot spots" were determined and that's where most of the fights took place. I suspect the same thing to happen with MW2.

As with any new game, especially one with such a classic predecessor, there's going to be an adjustment period. Aside from the maps, I already like the choosable kill streaks with many different choices rather than 3-5-7 UAV-strike-copter. The medals you get after the game are pretty cool. I like that the perks can be upgraded over time by completing challenges when you're using them. Some of the new perks are pretty cool, Scavenger where you can actually pick up ammo, Bling where you get 2 attachments, and these are just some of the first ones you can get. The coolest one (I don't have it yet) might be cold-blooded where you're almsot completely invisible to UAV and predator/gunner strikes.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:00 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

I might stay with CoD4.

First, there's no way you could have played every map for your critique; I don't think I've even played every map and I've probably put in 8 hours of online game time. Second, COD4 had maps like that too. Ambush, Strike, Pipeline, Overgrown, Chinatown, Creek, etc. Tons of places for people to hide and cap unassuming guys running around with their heads cut off. That's the point of the game.

I never said I played every map. The maps I did play were a friggin campground. Creek (knob sniper hell), Ambush, Pipeline (assholes on the roof), Overgrown, and Chinatown all sucked. Strike was great and I never really had a problem with spiders, except in the room above the auto garage and above the flower shop. The way I play, the MW2 maps are not condusive for. I'm a flanker, i'm always moving on the edge and I never hole up, And from what i've seen there are no homerun maps like Backlot, Crash (my fave), Vacant, District, Crossfire, Strike, or Downpour. And the wait for decent guns is retarded. I don't want the goddamn Famas, I want the M-16 or the ACR.

The Perk system intrigues me, but it's nothing without good maps. Maybe some will grow on me, but the ones I played were total shit full of dumbass campers in windows on every street. Run 'N Gun or you suck. :guns:

And WaW was total garbage.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:46 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Run 'N Gun or you suck. :guns:

+100

Unless you're sniping, which I do half my time on CoD.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:20 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

I might stay with CoD4.

I never said I played every map. The maps I did play were a friggin campground. Creek (knob sniper hell), Ambush, Pipeline (assholes on the roof), Overgrown, and Chinatown all sucked. Strike was great and I never really had a problem with spiders, except in the room above the auto garage and above the flower shop. The way I play, the MW2 maps are not condusive for. I'm a flanker, i'm always moving on the edge and I never hole up, And from what i've seen there are no homerun maps like Backlot, Crash (my fave), Vacant, District, Crossfire, Strike, or Downpour. And the wait for decent guns is retarded. I don't want the goddamn Famas, I want the M-16 or the ACR.

The Perk system intrigues me, but it's nothing without good maps. Maybe some will grow on me, but the ones I played were total shit full of dumbass campers in windows on every street. Run 'N Gun or you suck. :guns:

And WaW was total garbage.

Amen to pretty much all that. WaW was awful; traded it in and kept playing COD4. There is one map that I've played that I really like. Sort of a cross between vacant and shipment. Smaller map with a few buildings and some giant hollow cylinders with a burning fuel truck on the outside, don't remember the name of it.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby TIMMAH » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:42 am

I camp

TIMMAH

Unread postby bks92II » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:08 pm

bks92II wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You all can go to hell ;-) ;) :wink: . My Xbox is still at the repair center. :bag:

I heard the game has perfect graphics and real like sounds. :wow:

I guess I shouldn't have said any thing since mine right now is a pile of metal shit laying down. Hope you guys are all having oddles and oddles of fun playing it while i'm trying to get the problem and fixed and dishing money out of my wallet for them. (mooning)
bks92II

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:29 pm

This is my first time play any COD game, so im still trying to get the hang of everything. Ive logged about 12 hrs so far, and im getting very familar with the maps. My favorite game by far is "domination". I dont understand how some guys rack up 25-35 kills per game, im feeling good about myself if i get 8. Im only up to a level 16. Im starting to get better, but i really need to learn how to kill guys much quicker. i spend too much time getting them in my site, then by the time i start shooting, they locate me and shoot me with one spray. What gun do you guys prefer for rapid fire? I use the overwatch with the automatic and grenade launcher. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Use Sleight of Hand and Stopping Power. Sleight of Hand helps you reload faster and Stopping Power takes less shots to take somebody down.

If you need more help on top of that, silence your weapons with a silencer and attack from a high vantage point. But with the silencer, you compromise accuracy in terms of distance. So, choose when to shoot wisely.

Silencer or no silencer, if you want to shoot a guy from far away, and if you're using an automatic weapon, do NOT hold down the fire button. Instead, tap the button to be more accurate.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:23 pm

I stand by what I said. I got aboout 5 hours of multiplayer time, the maps are just too big, the don't force the action. I HATE Derail, Underpass, Afghan, Quarry, Estate, Wasteland and Favella.

IW needs to release some decent maps from 4.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:27 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I stand by what I said. I got aboout 5 hours of multiplayer time, the maps are just too big, the don't force the action. I HATE Derail, Underpass, Afghan, Quarry, Estate, Wasteland and Favella.

IW needs to release some decent maps from 4.

The maps are big but I don't think they're anywhere near as big as some of the WaW maps. Wasteland might be the worst map every invented for a COD. Don't really mind Underpass or Quarry. Seems the only good ones (to me) are Scrapyard, Sub Base, Skid Row, and Karachi.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture