Text Size

High School Sports

STO to show Lake Catholic, Iggie/Glenville, and Xavier/Elder

Talk Ohio high school sports in here, with an emphasis on the Northeast Ohio schools.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yargs7

STO to show Lake Catholic, Iggie/Glenville, and Xavier/Elder

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:13 pm

SPORTSTIME OHIO ANNOUNCES WEEK 2 OHSAA FOOTBALL PLAYOFF COVERAGE

WHAT: SportsTime Ohio will televise three (3) OHSAA Football Playoff games this weekend. Friday night’s match-up will be Div. II Canfield vs. Lake Catholic at 11:00pm. Matt Underwood and former Buckeye Greg Frey will handle the play-by-play and color commentary with Andre Knott on the sidelines. Then on Saturday November 14th at 7:00pm STO will televise the Div. I match-up between Cleveland Glenville and Cleveland St. Ignatius LIVE at 7:00pm. These two teams met at the beginning of the season where the undefeated Wildcats won 14-13 over the (10-1) Tarblooders. Al Pawlowski will do the play-by-play and former Buckeye and NFL All-Pro Center LeCharles Bentley will provide color commentary with Andre Knott on the sidelines.
Also on Saturday at 10:00pm (or immediately following the Ignatius-Glenville game) STO will carry the Division I Cincinnati showdown between Elder and St. Xavier. Elder (8-2) lost to St. X (9-2) earlier in the season 17-7 and will be looking for redemption. Matt Underwood will handle the play-by-play with Greg Frey providing color analysis.
In addition, STO will televise all four divisions of the OHSAA Volleyball Championships on Sunday November 15th starting at 11am. Mike Cairns will be joined by former volleyball coach Carol Russo to cover play-by-play and color commentary.

WHEN: FRIDAY 11/13/09 Lake Catholic vs. Canfield 11:00pm

SATURDAY 11/14/09 St. Ignatius vs. Glenville 7:00pm LIVE

SATURDAY 11/14/09 St. Xavier vs. Elder 10:00pm

SUNDAY 11/15/09 OHSAA Volleyball Championships
11am Div. IV
1pm Div. III
3pm Div. II
5pm Div. I
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: STO to show Lake Catholic, Iggie/Glenville, and Xavier/Elder

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Awesome HS football line up, Swerb. Kudos to STO again.

As a huge Ignatius honk I have to admit I expect the season to end Saturday unless Myers plays out his butt. The OL just isn't up-to-par with previous title teams. I thought the OL struggled with Boardman, although JJ is a MAB against any team. He'll be a good one in C-bus one dfay. If G'ville can cut down on their mistakes (always dicey with them as they always beat themselves at some point in the post-season) I'm not seeing it end well for the west side cats. The D will show up as always but G'ville is so fast and huge expecting a shut out is a huge expectation. Myers has been bailing them out with big plays too much this season. Kid is money. So they have more than a punchers chance of course.

I have to admit, I can't wait to see the east side cats actually play someone in the coming weeks. How good can Mayfield be? Like mentor a few years ago? Or a product of not scheduing enough state power tests that will get exposed ?

I just hope Mooney and the real 'ville end up on a collision course. That will be an epic game as usual.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Iggie/Glenville right here by my office. Mayfield/Solon in Parma. Lake Catholic playing a mile from my home at Twinsburg's field. D-4 #1 seed Chagrin Falls playing down the road in Aurora. D-5 #1 seed Cuyahoga Hts playing 5 min away from me at Solon's stadium. All kinds of good games right by me.

And my wife is hosting a jewelry party Fri night (dad duty) ... and my mom in law's b-day is Sat night. :hic:
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Swerb wrote:Iggie/Glenville right here by my office. Mayfield/Solon in Parma. Lake Catholic playing a mile from my home at Twinsburg's field. D-4 #1 seed Chagrin Falls playing down the road in Aurora. D-5 #1 seed Cuyahoga Hts playing 5 min away from me at Solon's stadium. All kinds of good games right by me.

And my wife is hosting a jewelry party Fri night (dad duty) ... and my mom in law's b-day is Sat night. :hic:

Another year or two and you'll just bundle them up and take them.

But for now you have STO.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Swerb wrote:

Nothing worse than your wife getting on the Party circuit. One has jewelry show, one had pampered chef, the next tupperware, and finally someone has a lingerie show. Not too bad on the last one....

So MLC how long have they been in D2? Err, I can't remember if the number go up or down, I just mean 1 from the top, I thought they were in the top tier.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:48 pm

So much for a Ignatius repeat run. :thud: Too many mistakes early on to create a 23-0 hole and try to compete with a talented Glenville club.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:54 pm

Solon wins the rematch with Mayfield in OT. Twinsburg falls to Massillon. Chagrin Falls still just steamrolling teams.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Lubber » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:59 pm

Was at the Mayfield game. kicker Spear kickied a 61 yard field goal at end of first half with 5 yards to spare. Ball sounded like a bomb coming off his foot.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Lubber wrote:Was at the Mayfield game. kicker Spear kickied a 61 yard field goal at end of first half with 5 yards to spare. Ball sounded like a bomb coming off his foot.

Where's he going to college?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Swerb wrote:
Lubber wrote:Was at the Mayfield game. kicker Spear kickied a 61 yard field goal at end of first half with 5 yards to spare. Ball sounded like a bomb coming off his foot.

Where's he going to college?

Heard that tOSU may make an offer to him as they had a kicker from Chillicothe that was going to be offered a scholarship, only to see it removed, allegedly, for some transgression by the player.

And this just in...........Glenville is sort of fast. :thud:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Return to High School Sports