Text Size

The Neutral Zone

Who is everyone's favorite NHL team?

The place to talk hockey. NHL banter, discussions on the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Lake Erie Monsters, and college hockey.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, skatingtripods

Who is everyone's favorite NHL team?

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:22 pm

I'm assuming not everyone likes the Jackets or Pens. Just curious to see what teams Ohio residents (or transplants) root for, I just can't get into the Pens because of the whole Pittsburgh thing and just never really did get excited about the Jackets, so I guess I'm in limbo as far as having a team, any suggestions besides the Red Wings?
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Who is everyone's favorite NHL team?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:14 am

My favorite team is the Sabres. When I first got Adelphia Digital Cable, I picked up the Empire Sports Network. That was my freshman or sophomore year in high school. I got to watch a lot of them and that turned me into a Sabres fan. I don't follow them as much as I used to now.

But, with the radio show on here through The Cleveland Fan, I've been following the Jackets a lot. So I've been following them more than anything right now. I mostly just watch and enjoy the sport itself. I love breaking down game situations and watching any game that I can.

One of my guilty pleasure teams are the Washington Capitals. They're an absolute joy to watch and Alex Ovechkin is the best player on the planet. I don't want to be a bandwagon fan, so I don't wholeheartedly support them, but I'll pull for them in the playoffs if Columbus and Buffalo don't go deep.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:49 am

Skating Tripods wrote:One of my guilty pleasure teams are the Washington Capitals. They're an absolute joy to watch and Alex Ovechkin is the best player on the planet. I don't want to be a bandwagon fan, so I don't wholeheartedly support them, but I'll pull for them in the playoffs if Columbus and Buffalo don't go deep.

Ovechkin is really fun to watch. That shot, which he uses at will, is very entertaining. Although Crosby gets to be the face of the NHL, Ovechkin is the better player. There are times I think Malkin is better than Crosby too. I dearly wish Malkin would get out of Pittsburgh so I could buy his jersey. Beside Modano, he is my favorite player.

I have rooted for Buffalo since the days of LaFontaine, Hawerchuk, and Mogilny. Its a shame those teams never won anything because Mogilny was a freakin terror for a while and LaFontaine was as classy as ever.

I have also rooted for the Stars since their final years in Minnesota as everyone around here seemed to like the Pens and Mario Lemieux. I wanted to root for an American player and chose Modano. Last few years, its been harder to like the Stars as they have moved some players I liked and I have never been a fan of Turco. Guy is a Michigan Choke Artist unlike no other.

Also a fan of Columbus as I root for most Ohio teams and that arena is top notch. I hope they continue to build on what they have and retain Nash. Plus, their jerseys are awesome since they ditched that silly bee logo. I really like their logo and jerseys.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:55 am

TouchEmAllTime wrote:I'm assuming not everyone likes the Jackets or Pens. Just curious to see what teams Ohio residents (or transplants) root for, I just can't get into the Pens because of the whole Pittsburgh thing and just never really did get excited about the Jackets, so I guess I'm in limbo as far as having a team, any suggestions besides the Red Wings?

Please dont go to the darkside and pick the Wings. Please. LOL. Those fans are like the Yankees fans of hockey. Been to the Joe about 10 times and those people are quite pompous. They expect to win and just freak out if they dont.

Understand completely your reluctance to root for the Pens, you are a good man. Pittsburgh sucks... always and in everything.

Give the Jackets a chance since they are the pride of the state or watch a few games, find a team that plays a style of hockey you like. Chicago has had a resurgence the past few years and Boston has come of out no where this season. Check out some teams and listen to Skating Tripods, dude knows his hockey.. big time. Good luck and welcome to the boards.

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:39 pm

jack_tors wrote:Check out some teams and listen to Skating Tripods, dude knows his hockey.. big time.

Thank you very much. I appreciate hearing that.

Just enjoy the game, TEAT. Your name makes a hilarious acronym.

Make sure you watch as much of the playoffs that you can. The West is usually more exciting than the East, but nothing rivals playoff hockey. Playoff hockey is incredible, especially the 3 or 4OT marathon games.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby DrPoove » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:26 pm

C-A-P-S, Caps, Caps, Caps!

Ovie is just sick to watch. Unbelievable at times. I follow the Jackets because they are an Ohio team but I have come to enjoy the Caps as a DC team I can actually follow.

They were unbeatable at home but have lost 5/7 at Verizon Center.

It's a plus that the Pens, Pittsburgh and Little Bitch Sydney Crosby hate them.

It's a match made in heaven for me.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:37 pm

I'm a Hardcore Bluejackets fan, love 'em even though they've stunk. All other teams suck. I do like watching Ovechkin though.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:39 am

It's funny, like a couple previous posters....I started to like Buffalo back in the late 90's, reason being, I liked the Hartford Whalers a year or two before they moved, more so because it was just a team in a small market with a funny logo and colors, and at the time my favorite player was Geoff Sanderson who after that went to Buffalo and I started rooting for them, and then Barnaby added to my liking of them, and til this day I think the refs wanted to go home or were hungry when they allowed Bret Hull's in the crease goal in the 99 Stanley Cup Finals, but oh well. To make a long story short, on top of changing what was a great logo, to go with a slug looking thing, and strongly convinced that the Sabres are the Florida Marlins of baseball in that they can't keep their homegrown and or superstar talent, I just started to lose interest in them, honestly nothing to do with front-running to another team, but just simply not excited by them anymore thus I don't really have a team anymore. I like the young talent on Chicago, and also consider Ottawa because they are rebuilding and part of me wants to root for a Canadian team since that's where the true passion for the sport lies. I love Ovechkin too, and part of that is because all the Pittspuke fans think Sid is the best player in the game, and I've argued with a few of them that Ovie is a better player period, but all they can combat me with is that he's just a better goal scorer, well true, but last I checked, that's what it takes to win games. Sid might be better at getting everyone involved, but I don't think he can carry his team alone, I mean hell, even with Malkin they are barely clinging to the 8th seed. This might be the longest hockey post in history but I was actually just in Pittsburgh tonight so I'm a little fired up, they think they are so good and are going to make another Cup run, and who knows, maybe the Steelers good luck will rub off on them, but they will never beat Detroit if they faced them again, here's hoping anyway.

Also just heard, count the Cash with Rick Nash happened x 3 tonight.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Unread postby Spin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Still hanging on with the Penguins after all these years.

Just can't get with the Jackets. Red Wings fans piss me off (the NHL's version of Cowboys/Red Sox fans).

I followed the Sharks when the Barons were here, but can't watch the (appropriately named) Avalanche...

So, it's the Guins. I think there's a local (Wadsworth) in their system somewhere but I haven't found him yet.

Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby DrPoove » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Spin wrote:Still hanging on with the Penguins after all these years.

Just can't get with the Jackets. Red Wings fans piss me off (the NHL's version of Cowboys/Red Sox fans).

I followed the Sharks when the Barons were here, but can't watch the (appropriately named) Avalanche...

So, it's the Guins. I think there's a local (Wadsworth) in their system somewhere but I haven't found him yet.

;-) ;) :wink:
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:47 pm

When I tried to remotely root for the Penguins a few years back, and this is when they sucked really bad, this is what was the determining factor: I realized these were all the same Steeler fans that I hate disguised in Penguins gear for the time being and I couldn't bring myself to root for them and be associated with these same people in any way, shape, or form.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Unread postby idoctribefan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:45 pm

My team is/was the Florida Panthers. I was living in Florida when the expansion team started. I had just gotten into playing street hockey with my friends and my parents bought me a bunch of Panthers inaugural season stuff. I pay very little attention to the NHL now until the playoffs start. Then I watch all that I can. At this point, I watch a Jackets game now and then on FSN Ohio but I'm more of a casual fan now. Gary Bettman needs to do something to get the casual fan like me back into the game (promote the stars, more mainstream coverage, etc).
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby Spin » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:56 am

I chose Pittsburgh because for years it was the closest team. Then you had the Mario-Jagr years. Then the Lumberjacks moved to Cleveland and were the Pen's affiliate.

Maybe someday the Jackets will catch my attention. I doubt it. I rarely change teams, "bandwagon jump".
Spin

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:03 pm

I never got into the Penguins. I was a huge Edmonton Oilers fan as a kid because I loved Esa Tikkanen. I really don't know why, I just did. Then I was a Rangers fan in '94 because Richter and Messier were my two favorites and they were on that team. Then I was a Devils fan because of Brodeur.....I was a front runner as a child.

It is strange that I never got into the Penguins, but then too, I didn't really like the Sharks when the Barons were here. I followed what the Barons did, but I never cared much for the Sharks.

Now, as I said, my favorites are Buffalo, Columbus, and Washington, but I mostly just watch to enjoy the game. I could watch two teams I don't give a shit about and still enjoy it.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby jack_tors » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:07 am

Skating Tripods wrote: I was a huge Edmonton Oilers fan as a kid because I loved Esa Tikkanen. I really don't know why, I just did.
Now, as I said, my favorites are Buffalo, Columbus, and Washington, but I mostly just watch to enjoy the game. I could watch two teams I don't give a shit about and still enjoy it.

Esa Tikkanen, thats awesome! Havent heard that name in a while.

Totally hear ya on being able to watch 2 teams you dont give a shit about. The NHL is great like that, only sport in which if a game is on, I am watching it.

-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby Rally Squirl » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:34 pm

i like the leafs :hide: (they are uhh.....rebuilding, thats my excuse)
i like the jackets too though.....ive just been a hockey fan since before CBJ came around so i guess i technically like em both.

i sure hope the jackets make the playoffs this year, first time ever and i think they can get to round 2 if nash and co. play some good hockey
(yes I know......i spelled "squirrel" wrong :P)
Rally Squirl

Unread postby JodyGerutsGhost » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:12 pm

I have been a Sabres fan since the 1996-97 season, and am winding down the big FAIL of the 2008-09 season.

I guess this is how it feels like to be a Browns fan...
JodyGerutsGhost

Favorite Player: Anze Kopitar
Least Favorite Player: Derek Jeter

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:46 am

JodyGerutsGhost wrote:I have been a Sabres fan since the 1996-97 season, and am winding down the big FAIL of the 2008-09 season.

I guess this is how it feels like to be a Browns fan...

I could see that, Jody. Sabres fans are kinda screwed as long as the current owner holds the team. I remember reading an article about his a year or so back in the Hockey News and all I can remember is that I thought he was a dick. LOL.

I must say, I have been to 5 cities to see hockey and Buffalo was, far and above, my favorite place to see a game. Having been to Detroit numerous times, the atmosphere in Buffalo in the final game of a season, with nothing on the line but a win to close out a disappointing season, was still better than Detroit. They are definitely not Hockeytown any more.

-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:10 pm

I want a team to follow, but ugh, it's hard to find one.

-Dig the Penguins style of play and enjoyed watching them in the playoffs, but rooting for pittsburgh makes me feel dirty.
-I don't feel Columbus is my team at all, I wasn't even aware they existed for a long time :(.
-Detroit, another team I enjoy watching, but I can't root for a team from Meatchicken, unless it's the Lions who I wanna see become good again.

Really I'm waiting for Gilbert to get us a franchise other than a Minor league for a Denver team. :(.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:43 pm

Always liked the Harry Sinden run Boston Bruins of the mid to late 80's. Ray Bourque, Cam Neely, et al.

Fits perfectly with the "cant'winthebigone-itis" that's defined teams I actually followed.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:14 am

Having been transplanted from Cleveland to Connecticut as a kid, I was a Whalers fan until they moved. Haven't been able to attach myself to one team since then.

I'd like to go with the Jackets, but I don't really have any connection to Columbus. Wouldn't mind them changing their name to the Ohio Blue Jackets, either...
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Unread postby Spin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:36 am

I just promoted the Monsters to the NHL and made some key FA signings and a couple trades with EA Sports NHL 08 (the last one for PC).

Does that count?

No? OK. Hey, us Cleveland sports fans can still fantasize.

Go Guins!!!
Spin

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:07 pm

RIBrownsFan wrote:Having been transplanted from Cleveland to Connecticut as a kid, I was a Whalers fan until they moved. Haven't been able to attach myself to one team since then.

I'd like to go with the Jackets, but I don't really have any connection to Columbus. Wouldn't mind them changing their name to the Ohio Blue Jackets, either...

Love the old Whalers and everything they stood for. Shame that they got moved to Carolina. They did well at first, but fan support is slowing down. Hard to believe since the Bobcats perennially suck and the Panthers may be in just as bad of shape as the Browns.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:Having been transplanted from Cleveland to Connecticut as a kid, I was a Whalers fan until they moved. Haven't been able to attach myself to one team since then.

Love the old Whalers and everything they stood for. Shame that they got moved to Carolina. They did well at first, but fan support is slowing down. Hard to believe since the Bobcats perennially suck and the Panthers may be in just as bad of shape as the Browns.

Karmanos is right up there with Modell for me. Total sleazebag. I wish that franchise nothing but failure, just like the Ravens and Washington Nationals. I think Charlotte basketball fans want the Hornets back and Shinn to stay in New Orleans, not to mention that they're surrounded by 4 pro type college teams as well. As for the Panthers, I think they get Cowher and start to turn it around...
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:33 pm

RIBrownsFan wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:

Karmanos is right up there with Modell for me. Total sleazebag. I wish that franchise nothing but failure, just like the Ravens and Washington Nationals. I think Charlotte basketball fans want the Hornets back and Shinn to stay in New Orleans, not to mention that they're surrounded by 4 pro type college teams as well. As for the Panthers, I think they get Cowher and start to turn it around...

The talk of the Islanders leaving town really bothers me. Obviously, I have no affiliation to them, but they are so rich in hockey history. Sure, it was a generation ago, but still. They've been a fixture on Long Island and really create an interesting dynamic with the Rangers and Devils right there.

Moving the Islanders opens a whole new can of worms with divisional re-alignment too. You'd see Boston dropped into the Atlantic and Columbus put in the Northeast, or something like that.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:

The talk of the Islanders leaving town really bothers me. Obviously, I have no affiliation to them, but they are so rich in hockey history. Sure, it was a generation ago, but still. They've been a fixture on Long Island and really create an interesting dynamic with the Rangers and Devils right there.

Moving the Islanders opens a whole new can of worms with divisional re-alignment too. You'd see Boston dropped into the Atlantic and Columbus put in the Northeast, or something like that.

Agreed 100% on the Isles potentially moving. They're certainly the least offensive of the "local" teams and I think I've mentioned I'm going to go see them again next month.

As for the divisions, I can't see Boston or Montreal being all right with them being separated from each other. Those games are really the only time I notice B's fans excited about the team.

Now in terms of the Jackets, how would you say the rivalries within the division are? Is there a lot of hate for Detroit, or would be they be better off playing against a Pittsburgh on a regular basis?

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:37 pm

RIBrownsFan wrote:Now in terms of the Jackets, how would you say the rivalries within the division are? Is there a lot of hate for Detroit, or would be they be better off playing against a Pittsburgh on a regular basis?

It's interesting, quite frankly. There's a lot of animosity for Detroit, but a lot of hate for St. Louis and Nashville. I think jealousy plays a role in the dislike for Detroit, because it was a fairly one-sided rivalry for most of the duration of the franchise. But man, those fans hate STL and NSH. Inter-division rivals that always give the Jackets fits.

But still, first off, Columbus, IMO, has the worst travel schedule. So far, they've already gone out to the West/Northwest twice. Columbus would be much better served staying in their own time zone and playing the Eastern Conference. I realize Detroit and Nashville have to do it too, but all of these trips out west are a killer. I don't think it's fair.

Given the state of affairs for the Penguins, I think they should play them more often. It's a good road trip chance, which is fun for every hockey fan. Same with Buffalo, same with Washington. But they only play these teams once, maybe twice, every couple of years. Meanwhile, the CBJ fans are stuck with 9:30-10:30 road games.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:22 pm

This is the way I see the CBJ rivalry situation.

1) Detwat- We hate them because they beat us and have alot of championships

2) Nashville- We just hate them. That team is made up of douche bags and assholes. Even their own mothers think they suck.

3) Chicago- A bunch of flashy pretty boys.

4) St. Louis- It's the meh rivalry of the Central. They're a thorn in our side.

5) Calgirly- I loathe them. Flames is a great name for them, cause they're cocksuckers. We own them at Nationwide.

I'm going to CBJ/Pittsburgh game tomorrow, I hope to see Sidney Crosby's head roll across the ice.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:43 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:3) Chicago- A bunch of flashy pretty boys.

You couldn't be further from the truth here.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:39 am

Skating Tripods wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:Now in terms of the Jackets, how would you say the rivalries within the division are? Is there a lot of hate for Detroit, or would be they be better off playing against a Pittsburgh on a regular basis?

It's interesting, quite frankly. There's a lot of animosity for Detroit, but a lot of hate for St. Louis and Nashville. I think jealousy plays a role in the dislike for Detroit, because it was a fairly one-sided rivalry for most of the duration of the franchise. But man, those fans hate STL and NSH. Inter-division rivals that always give the Jackets fits.

But still, first off, Columbus, IMO, has the worst travel schedule. So far, they've already gone out to the West/Northwest twice. Columbus would be much better served staying in their own time zone and playing the Eastern Conference. I realize Detroit and Nashville have to do it too, but all of these trips out west are a killer. I don't think it's fair.

Given the state of affairs for the Penguins, I think they should play them more often. It's a good road trip chance, which is fun for every hockey fan. Same with Buffalo, same with Washington. But they only play these teams once, maybe twice, every couple of years. Meanwhile, the CBJ fans are stuck with 9:30-10:30 road games.

Thanks for the interesting take. Taking a closer look at the divisional setups, it doesn't seem like there's a good way to fix that for the Jackets unless (sadly) the Isles moved to Kansas City and you could slot Columbus in the Atlantic while putting KC in the Central.

Hearing about the Nashville hate is a bit surprising. But then, there's a franchise I wouldn't mind seeing moved to somewhere in Canada...

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:42 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This is the way I see the CBJ rivalry situation.

2) Nashville- We just hate them. That team is made up of douche bags and assholes. Even their own mothers think they suck.

5) Calgirly- I loathe them. Flames is a great name for them, cause they're cocksuckers. We own them at Nationwide.

I'm going to CBJ/Pittsburgh game tomorrow, I hope to see Sidney Crosby's head roll across the ice.

Likewise thanks. What was the crowd make-up for that Jackets-Pens game? Seeing the highlights, it seemed like it was 50-50...

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:21 pm

RIBrownsFan wrote:Hearing about the Nashville hate is a bit surprising. But then, there's a franchise I wouldn't mind seeing moved to somewhere in Canada...

I wouldn't be against having another team in Canada, but I would put it back in Winnipeg, or put it somewhere in Saskatchewan or maybe London, Ontario. There's no reason to saturate southern Ontario even more like was the Balsillie plan with Hamilton.

Putting a team in Saskatchewan allows you to put a Canadian team in the Central Division and then you can move Columbus. Same with London, Ontario.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Cease » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:33 pm

Blackhawks only because my buds had season tix and brought me to a few games while I lived there. Only home ice I've been to. The national anthem at 'hawks games is something to experience.

Loved live NHL hockey from upped deck. So fast, so many angles.

Loved "wait for the whistle!"
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby jack_tors » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:12 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:Hearing about the Nashville hate is a bit surprising. But then, there's a franchise I wouldn't mind seeing moved to somewhere in Canada...

I wouldn't be against having another team in Canada, but I would put it back in Winnipeg, or put it somewhere in Saskatchewan or maybe London, Ontario. There's no reason to saturate southern Ontario even more like was the Balsillie plan with Hamilton.

Putting a team in Saskatchewan allows you to put a Canadian team in the Central Division and then you can move Columbus. Same with London, Ontario.

I agree, moving the team to Hamilton was a stupid idea. You have Buffalo, Toronto, Detroit in like a 2-3 hour range each way. No way that was going to work.. I would be nice to see another western Canadian team.

-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:28 pm

RIBrownsFan wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This is the way I see the CBJ rivalry situation.

Likewise thanks. What was the crowd make-up for that Jackets-Pens game? Seeing the highlights, it seemed like it was 50-50...

I'd say 60-40 at the most. There were only a handful in our section. There were alot in the lower bowl oppo from us and the upper bowl was a close split.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby T_N_T » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Even though I am not that aged, I am a fan of any of the original six(The Leafs, The Wings, The Canadians,Bruins,Blackhawks and Rangers)

and I do root for the Predators from time to time since they are my home team now.
T_N_T

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Lebron James

Return to The Neutral Zone