Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

The Point After

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

The Point After

Unread postby mistero » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 pm

The tension was thick.

Sam Rut and Dieken nearly came to blows.
Sam thinks Mangini is a clown and Anderson is the worst QB ever.

Grossi agrees. Mangini and Anderson (and Quinn) are all pathetic.

Deiken was supporting Anderson (because he practices well) and Mangini. (mooning)

Grossi and Sam were livid while Dieken remains apologetic. Anyone else catch it?
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Re: The Point After

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:04 pm

Have it DVR'd.

Damn, if Coach Sam is that against it, something is up. He's usually my go to guy in regards to the best Browns analyst.

I know I wasn't alive during that time period, but I have a huge amount of respect for him and Marty.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:31 pm

They are killing Mangini and the team on Red Zone right now too. Killing em. Grossi is just in no holds barred, bare all, I don't give an eff anymore mode.

Grossi mocking Kokinis as the "GM". Says Quinn publicly challenged Mangini in front of the team on a stat Quinn felt was incorrect, and that Mangini has had a grudge since. Says Quinn and Daboll have not spoken a word to each other in weeks. Says Kosar is Lerner's fallback plan if ManKok he "needs to make a move" with ManKok.

Even Donovan is blasting the team.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 pm

Swerb wrote:Grossi mocking Kokinis as the "GM". Says Quinn publicly challenged Mangini in front of the team on a stat Quinn felt was incorrect, and that Mangini has had a grudge since. Says Quinn and Daboll have not spoken a word to each other in weeks.

So we get Anderson because Mangini and Daboll have their danders in a huff. Bra-fucking-vo.

Says Kosar is Lerner's fallback plan if ManKok he "needs to make a move" with ManKok.

While I still have my reservations about Bernie being The Guy he can't be any worse than this. BERNIE! BERNIE!
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby DrPoove » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:00 pm

Swerb wrote:Says Quinn publicly challenged Mangini in front of the team on a stat Quinn felt was incorrect, and that Mangini has had a grudge since. Says Quinn and Daboll have not spoken a word to each other in weeks.

I forgot to mention this at the shin-dig yesterday, (too busy slamming McPeek with JB), but I heard this from someone I consider reliable about a month ago. Also said that Quinn tore Daboll a new one behind closed doors after the Ratbird game and that relationship is now kaput.

Take it for what its worth.

These guys ain't too f#$%ing good.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Grossi also said he senses friction between Mangini and Rob Ryan cause Ryan is blitzing too much. Grossi also said he feels Mangini will look to trade down again next season in the draft because he "hates star players".
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby daddywags » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Quinn publicly challenged Mangini in front of the team on a stat Quinn felt was incorrect

Sorry, if this is correct, I can understand Quinn's being in the doghouse. He calls out the head coach "in front of the team" because of a "stat" he thought was incorrect? What sort of idiot does that? If you think this is a proper way to address differences, try calling out your boss in front of the entire office the next time you have a minor disagreement. Sounds to me like BQ is every bit the "my stuff don't stink" me-first sort of guy that was rumored in the other thread.
daddywags

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:27 pm

daddywags wrote:
Quinn publicly challenged Mangini in front of the team on a stat Quinn felt was incorrect

Sorry, if this is correct, I can understand Quinn's being in the doghouse. He calls out the head coach "in front of the team" because of a "stat" he thought was incorrect? What sort of idiot does that? If you think this is a proper way to address differences, try calling out your boss in front of the entire office the next time you have a minor disagreement. Sounds to me like BQ is every bit the "my stuff don't stink" me-first sort of guy that was rumored in the other thread.

Grossi's implication (from the way I read it) was that Quinn was correcting Mangini on something he was wrong on. Mangini got embarrassed, then angry, then acted.

Who knows. Grossi clearly hates Mangini, so who knows whats what. What he was getting at was that Quinn embarrassed Mangini in front of the team and Mangini's ego couldn't take it. And he's now punishing Quinn by playing God with millions and millions of dollars of incentive $$$.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby CJD » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:35 pm

daddywags wrote:

It's too hard to say, who said what who did what, it's like a high school fight that you didn;t see and you weren't there and you don;t even know the people. Quinn got yanked because of what they call "check with me" plays. It means you have a play called in the huddle, it automatically has a check into another play usually run to pass or vice versa. Brady constantly checked the runs into passes because he wanted to win the fucking game. He knew we were down and he knew the only way to win was to check but he also was unwilling to throw into coverage and nobody was getting open. Beyond that Daboll fucked up those first few games so bad it's not even funny. I might have mentioned that I got my IP permanently banned from clevelandbrowns.com, well it began over me leading a witch hunt against the idiot known as Daboll. (I was called spamming but really I got into it with a ref under his private name, then they banned me, did not inform me of how long and did not respond to e-mails forcing me to take action ect ect.)

Anyways we were getting killed on the right side and WR's were not getting open. What is the natural play you can call which is a high percentage pass that can relieve that pressure. The screen. You can run it from any formation with multiple personnel and I promise you, if you hammer the screen they will change the way they blitz leaving wholes open elsewhere which was the biggest problem, nobody open plus no time. I don't know, it doesn't matter now, as long as Mangia is the coach we are NEVER going to see Quinn under center and if he is, he will not be there long.
If Art Modell EVER makes it into the HOF I will personally break into Canton and piss on his bust
CJD

Favorite Player: Gravity
Least Favorite Player: Luck

Unread postby daddywags » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Swerb wrote:
daddywags wrote:

Grossi's implication (from the way I read it) was that Quinn was correcting Mangini on something he was wrong on. Mangini got embarrassed, then angry, then acted.

Who knows. Grossi clearly hates Mangini, so who knows whats what. What he was getting at was that Quinn embarrassed Mangini in front of the team and Mangini's ego couldn't take it. And he's now punishing Quinn by playing God with millions and millions of dollars of incentive $$$.

Well, obviously, that throws a completely different light on it. Is this in an article someplace (I don't get the PD) where I can read it? I got the impression it was something said during a TV show, but maybe I read too fast.
daddywags

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:37 pm

daddywags wrote:
Swerb wrote:
daddywags wrote:

Well, obviously, that throws a completely different light on it. Is this in an article someplace (I don't get the PD) where I can read it? I got the impression it was something said during a TV show, but maybe I read too fast.

Wags, no, it was just on the Browns Red Zone show on STO. In studio Browns call in show hosted by Donovan, Dieken, and Grossi.

Grossi just killed Mangini for an hour straight.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby daddywags » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Swerb wrote:
daddywags wrote:
Swerb wrote:
daddywags wrote:

Wags, no, it was just on the Browns Red Zone show on STO. In studio Browns call in show hosted by Donovan, Dieken, and Grossi.

Grossi just killed Mangini for an hour straight.

Okay, thanks. I don't watch STO much (ever?) except for baseball games. Maybe I should. I trust your understanding of what Grossi was saying, though, and would retract my earlier statement for now.

Sucks to have the media hate you, though, doesn't it?
daddywags

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:57 pm

Swerb wrote:Grossi also said he senses friction between Mangini and Rob Ryan cause Ryan is blitzing too much. Grossi also said he feels Mangini will look to trade down again next season in the draft because he "hates star players".

I like the slow offensive linemen as much as the next guy, but really, thats the exact opposite of what this team needs right now.

They have nobody at QB, a young receiving corp, nobody to run the ball, no security blanket TE and a joke of a linebacking corp (save for Wimbley and Nyquill) and a joke of a secoundary (save for Eazy-E).

They need someone that people gameplan against, and the two players that used to be that are now on the Bucs and the Jets.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby daddywags » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:06 pm

Hate to say it, but I think Ryan is blitzing too much, and too predictably. The blitzes aren't getting to the quarterbacks, and they are leaving too many wide open receivers. He blitzed a safety against the Packers expecting a rookie linebacker to move over and cover a wide receiver in the short zone and it turned into a 70 yard touchdown because the linebacker was (not unsurprisingly) late to the coverage. But we're blitzing a lot. So we've got that going for us.
daddywags

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:07 pm

Swerb wrote:
daddywags wrote:

Anyone who watches NFL games routinely sees the coach on the sidelines, and standing nearby is the back-up QB with the head set on, third stringer hangin' around, communicationg with coaches and the offensive coordinator.

Quinn and Ratliff set up camp around the 30.

Total trainwreck.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:30 am

Good for Quinn.

I taught my sons to be the same way. Esp my #2 who was always smarter than his teachers till he went to MIT. Speak up and defend yourself and/or your position and have conviction in your actions

Quinn is smarter than Daboll ...period....and stupid deserves to be pointed out when 11mil of your $ are on the line as well as the reputation of the organization which is not only running along the gutter, it's just inches from the sewer

Hate on him if ya want....argue till the cows come home or the Browns win a fucking game but, if nothing else, you have to give Quinn credit for exposing Kok-boi and Dumbell for the frauds they are and expediting their executions
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby mistero » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:58 am

Sam made some good points. Deiken said you have to blame Daboll for the offense. Sam said there is no control for Daboll. Bellicheck and Parcells ran/run every aspect of their teams like a dictator. Mangini is cut from the same mold but he lacks the skill/magic that his 2 mentors have. Sam says Mangini is a control freak above everything else, above winning.

Grossi says Mangini outsmarts himself. The wildcat works pretty well against Pitt so we'll never see it again. The opposing defenses will expect it so we'll mothball it.

Again Grossi and Sam were livid. They said wait until December when we draw 10,000 for a home game. Randy will have to make a move before the season's up.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby Cease » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:21 am

Which one of you guys impersonated a female voice to call ask the panel if the PD's MKC was sleeping with DA?

Or was it Quinn? Either way, a classic moment in unwatched TV history. Grossi's reaction to that question was appropriate- "Doesn't deserve a response (sic)"
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby General » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:25 am

mistero wrote:Sam made some good points. Deiken said you have to blame Daboll for the offense. Sam said there is no control for Daboll. Bellicheck and Parcells ran/run every aspect of their teams like a dictator. Mangini is cut from the same mold but he lacks the skill/magic that his 2 mentors have. Sam says Mangini is a control freak above everything else, above winning.

Grossi says Mangini outsmarts himself. The wildcat works pretty well against Pitt so we'll never see it again. The opposing defenses will expect it so we'll mothball it.

Again Grossi and Sam were livid. They said wait until December when we draw 10,000 for a home game. Randy will have to make a move before the season's up.

It would be a real statement if everyone showed up to tailgate and then didn't go in. I know that the tickets are already bought and paid for but it would say something, wouldn't it? (mooning)
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Cease » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:34 am

General wrote:
It would be a real statement if everyone showed up to tailgate and then didn't go in. I know that the tickets are already bought and paid for but it would say something, wouldn't it? (mooning)

I think that blackouts speak much louder, they usually get mentioned on the national level in the week leading up to the game. That level of embarrassment should be felt over seas by our absentee owner.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Tree » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:40 am

It was only a matter of time before the truth came out. I caught some of this myself, and wished to hell I would have recorded it.

Mangini needs shit canned after the Chicago game, so the team can transisition with an interim coach.

Is Red Zone or Point After available online. I only caught parts of each show, and did not record them?
Tree

Unread postby Naxos » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:43 am

Tree wrote:It was only a matter of time before the truth came out. I caught some of this myself, and wished to hell I would have recorded it.

Mangini needs shit canned after the Chicago game, so the team can transisition with an interim coach.

Is Red Zone or Point After available online. I only caught parts of each show, and did not record them?

They replay them a couple of times that night and early morning on STO. By this afternoon though I think those epsiodes will be history.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby Tree » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:55 am

Naxos wrote:
Tree wrote:It was only a matter of time before the truth came out. I caught some of this myself, and wished to hell I would have recorded it.

They replay them a couple of times that night and early morning on STO. By this afternoon though I think those epsiodes will be history.

They need to replay those. A lot of people want to watch those particular episodes again.
Tree

Unread postby DrPoove » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:23 am

Cease wrote:Which one of you guys impersonated a female voice to call ask the panel if the PD's MKC was sleeping with DA?

Has "Pup" written all over it...
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Unread postby Bob Fergus » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Swerb wrote:Grossi also said he senses friction between Mangini and Rob Ryan cause Ryan is blitzing too much. Grossi also said he feels Mangini will look to trade down again next season in the draft because he "hates star players".

So Mangini has frozen out Brady and his DC because they dared to raise an objection to Eric?

When does he annoint himself king? [img]

Mangini reportedly has frozen out Brady because he dared to raise an objection to a stat that Eric had incorrect? And he reportedly has tension with his DC? And he is threatened by star players?

He hires an OC who has never called a play so he can control the offense.

He hires a GM who has never been a GM before so he can control the personnel moves.

He doesn't like star players because he wants his players to dance to his tune.

He doesn't like mouthy coaches because he wants complete and utter control of the entire organization.

When does he annoint himself and become this fellow?

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Image
Bob Fergus

Favorite Player: Greg Pruit
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:52 pm

DrPoove wrote:
Cease wrote:Which one of you guys impersonated a female voice to call ask the panel if the PD's MKC was sleeping with DA?

Definately had an African-American accent and she sounded just like Aunt Ester. If SD weren't still on DA's jock I'd have my suspicions....
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h

Unread postby DrPoove » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:02 pm

JB wrote:
DrPoove wrote:

Definately had an African-American accent and she sounded just like Aunt Ester. If SD weren't still on DA's jock I'd have my suspicions....

Maybe SD was jealous that MKC was (allegedly) schtooping DA?

Hell hath no fury like a SoulDawg scorned...
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Unread postby mistero » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Nice work Bob.

Does Manpolian make it to week 17?
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:43 pm

General wrote: It would be a real statement if everyone showed up to tailgate and then didn't go in. I know that the tickets are already bought and paid for but it would say something, wouldn't it?

Need to convince Swerb to have a MOATG redux. Everyone brings their tix and burns them in a trash can at high noon. All the local TV stations are in Muni filming. Loop a tape of Brando from Apocolypse Now "The horror. The horror."
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:05 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
General wrote: It would be a real statement if everyone showed up to tailgate and then didn't go in. I know that the tickets are already bought and paid for but it would say something, wouldn't it?

Need to convince Swerb to have a MOATG redux. Everyone brings their tix and burns them in a trash can at high noon. All the local TV stations are in Muni filming. Loop a tape of Brando from Apocolypse Now "The horror. The horror."

I'd go with the Willam Dafoe Epic Meltdown Scene from Boondock.

"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby BadBecks » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:35 pm

Or was it Quinn? Either way, a classic moment in unwatched TV history. Grossi's reaction to that question was appropriate- "Doesn't deserve a response (sic)"

You beat me to it! I watched the replay last night and nearly pissed myself when that happened. Hilarious! Grossi's non-response/facial expression was classic.
"Don't Hassle Me...I'm a Local" - Bob Wiley (shirt)
BadBecks
Kid Cleveland

Favorite Player: Eric Turner

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:52 pm

That show must get decent ratings. Seems like a lot of people watched it.

I saw the whole show. It was great. They didn't hold back on anything.

I think it was Grossi that mentioned Cowher had said "Can you wait a year?" when Lerner was begging him to coach the team.

If Cowher really is ready to return in 2010 I could see Lerner dumping Mangini after only 1 year.
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby CTownYaga » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Just watched the rerun. Talk about gross exaggeration.
CTownYaga

Favorite Player: Brandon Jennings
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby mistero » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:18 pm

Just watched the Berea Report with Donovan and Andre Knott. Never have I seen such bullcrapery since Bagdag Bob had the Iraqis burning the Statue of Liberty.

Oh my....DA is really learning???? Time to get Jamal going???? Chicago game should get us back on track??? Mangini is great becuase he's just plodding alomng with his plan??

Cripes guys, give back your paychecks.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:13 am

mistero wrote:Just watched the Berea Report with Donovan and Andre Knott. Never have I seen such bullcrapery since Bagdag Bob had the Iraqis burning the Statue of Liberty.

Oh my....DA is really learning???? Time to get Jamal going???? Chicago game should get us back on track??? Mangini is great becuase he's just plodding alomng with his plan??

Cripes guys, give back your paychecks.

Lil Dre has to go into the locker room. What do you expect?

And clearly the Org got to Jimmy. He was KILLING them Sunday thru Tuesday.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL