Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Josh Sabo 'firing' by WKNR

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Josh Sabo 'firing' by WKNR

Unread postby rk » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:10 am

Anyone know what happened with Sabo on the Big Show? Also works for the Cavs. Appears to be pretty sudden and seems that he was fired. Missed yesterday's show but listening today and they're still talking about it.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Re: Josh Sabo 'firing' by WKNR

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:14 am

rk wrote:Anyone know what happened with Sabo on the Big Show? Also works for the Cavs. Appears to be pretty sudden and seems that he was fired. Missed yesterday's show but listening today and they're still talking about it.

Allegedly, Hammer stabbed him in the back becasue he was jelous he was dating Rachel and took his salary becasue he's in charge as executive producer.

Allegedly.

I heard Josh is starting a show with Marty Allen & Kim Maholik.

Hamer just set a new record for longest on air crying jag.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby CTownYaga » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:55 pm

lol...what?

Wow, I've missed a lot by now listening to RBS much lately.
CTownYaga

Favorite Player: Brandon Jennings
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:09 pm

I wish they would can hammer and keep sabo. I actually enjoyed Sabo
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 pm

CTownYaga wrote:lol...what?

The RBS is great for one reason: Tony Rizzo knows how to run a radio talk show. The rest of these fucktards, Hamer included, think people want to listen to them. Wrong. It's about the callers. Reghi, Roda, Brinda, and now Hammer.... think it is about them. Pete understood that. Bruce understands that. Rizzo was on The Giant, WHK, in the day and everyone on that station "got it". Most of KNR is the opposite. Long, boring monologues that are bad takes 90% of the time. Then they had a handful of retarded callers becasue no one with a brain would wait that long.

BTW - Hammer's solo weekend time is unlistenable. He's craptacular.

Like I said, Pete invented it, Bruce got it. Rizzo gets it. Galetti gets it when he does rare stints. You embraace buffornery, you make callers into stars and personalities that listeners love or hate, and you call out bad takes and get in fights with callrs. That's good radio.

Brinda, Sindelar, Roda, Reghi, an dnow Hammer? In love with hearing themselves talk. hammer is too much of a wuss to take on callers. He just dumps them and then monologues. Rizz carries the stiff.

BTW - Romie is the exception becasue he can pull it off, although I miss how rarely the old legends call in these days.
jb

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Rizzo was on The Giant, WHK, in the day and everyone on that station "got it".

you make callers into stars and personalities that listeners love or hate

I can't listen to the RBS because of work but does "Red" or Saul call into Rizz's show at all?

Les Levine's evening show was something to listen to.

As JB said, Pete showed these guys the way, they all just choose to go down another path where they don't have to share the spotlight. Of all people you'd think Triv would carry on Sweet Pete's legacy. He's just as bad w/ callers as the gang at KNR are.

I thought 'KNR bringing in Reghi would be great. JFC was I wrong. As stated by many people, the guy holds HIS opinion too highly and totally disregards anything a caller has to say.
"BRING IT STRONG" as long as you share the same opinion as I do.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Rizzo was on The Giant, WHK, in the day and everyone on that station "got it".

you make callers into stars and personalities that listeners love or hate

I can't listen to the RBS because of work but does "Red" or Saul call into Rizz's show at all?

Les Levine's evening show was something to listen to.

As JB said, Pete showed these guys the way, they all just choose to go down another path where they don't have to share the spotlight. Of all people you'd think Triv would carry on Sweet Pete's legacy. He's just as bad w/ callers as the gang at KNR are.

I thought 'KNR bringing in Reghi would be great. JFC was I wrong. As stated by many people, the guy holds HIS opinion too highly and totally disregards anything a caller has to say.
"BRING IT STRONG" as long as you share the same opinion as I do.

No character type callers like Red (who was Chip Kulik in reality IIRC )

I don't even address Triv. He doesn't run a talk show. It's a latter day buzzard morning zoo with banter in between news, traffic and commercials up the butt. Almost zero callers.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:36 pm

I liked Josh, he was great as his role and as a side kick.

Good call screener to.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby TIMMAH » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:21 pm

What's a KNR? What's a radio? Is that the thing in cars people use to use?

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Hammer is just a peice of shit. Period, point blank. He fits the back stabber, douchy guy to a tee. Who this guy blows on his way up the ladder is beyond me. Then again Karmazin and crew, it ain't to hard to figure what is going on.

Guy on TV looks like a fuckin bobblehead 95% of the time when someone else is talking. Just zero presence and no clue what he is doing. Zero charisma. If he went to school for that shit, they ought to revoke his degree. Disgrace.

As always with this shit, JB is dead nuts on. Cleveland radio sucks! Not because of talent but because the wrong cats have the opportunities.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:31 pm

JB:
Long, boring monologues that are bad takes 90% of the time.
...You embraace buffornery, you make callers into stars and personalities that listeners love or hate, and you call out bad takes and get in fights with callrs. That's good radio.

JUICE
:salute:
It is why banning people like the Bostonian only makes the retard callers happy. I hate when they ban him, and others like him, and I can see why Rizz seems to wanna give the guys another chance. Sad cuz Hammer has the annoying tool routine down, and could make it work for him. However, like you said, he is a wuss and has no idea how to fight the callers. You cannot just hang up on them, and claim victory every single time. Also he plays up the, um, queer guy angle too much, it works in smaller doses.

Reghi is by far the most arrogant of the douche monologues. His show is unlistenable... I usually make it about 2 minutes b4 I turn to anything else...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Once again, i'm in total awe of your sports radio. Love, Betrayal, and Ratings. All I got is ESPN and their dooshbaggery.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:25 pm

JB wrote:

The RBS is great for one reason: Tony Rizzo knows how to run a radio talk show. The rest of these fucktards, Hamer included, think people want to listen to them. Wrong. It's about the callers. Reghi, Roda, Brinda, and now Hammer.... think it is about them. Pete understood that. Bruce understands that. Rizzo was on The Giant, WHK, in the day and everyone on that station "got it". Most of KNR is the opposite. Long, boring monologues that are bad takes 90% of the time. Then they had a handful of retarded callers becasue no one with a brain would wait that long.

Like I said, Pete invented it, Bruce got it. Rizzo gets it. Galetti gets it when he does rare stints. You embraace buffornery, you make callers into stars and personalities that listeners love or hate, and you call out bad takes and get in fights with callrs. That's good radio.

Brinda, Sindelar, Roda, Reghi, an dnow Hammer? In love with hearing themselves talk. hammer is too much of a wuss to take on callers. He just dumps them and then monologues. Rizz carries the stiff.

BTW - Romie is the exception becasue he can pull it off, although I miss how rarely the old legends call in these days.

*bump*

Looks like JB's work was quoted word for word over on the RCF board in a topic describing why Cleveland radio sucks. Unless JB is really from Parma. Do, however, appreciate that avatar :thumb up:
http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=25746&page=2
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby jb » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
JB wrote:

*bump*

Looks like JB's work was quoted word for word over on the RCF board in a topic describing why Cleveland radio sucks. Unless JB is really from Parma. Do, however, appreciate that avatar :thumb up:
http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=25746&page=2

Woah!

Blatantly stolen, word for word.

"Right down to the misspelling." :lmfao:

That is NOT me. Not playing games at all.

Dunno whether to feel like Bridget Fonda to this Jennifer Jason Leigh or flattererd.

I'm going with creepy / stalky.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:48 pm

Wow.

FTR JB I do not live in Parma anymore.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:03 am

The only thing missing was your sig line, not that anyone over there would have got it. :lmfao:
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:02 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:The only thing missing was your sig line, not that anyone over there would have got it. :lmfao:

Call the plagerizer out there for me. Start trouble. ;-)
jb

Unread postby Cease » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:52 am

:pop: Damn, that's horrible.
At least footnote that sht, or play the "I saw this on another board" card.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:20 am

JB wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:The only thing missing was your sig line, not that anyone over there would have got it. :lmfao:

Call the plagerizer out there for me. Start trouble. ;-)

Will do :salute:
Larvell Blanks

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture