Text Size

The Rumble Room

Pavlik Williams is Off------AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Re: Pavlik Williams is Off------AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby swerb » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Staph infections are serious business, as we've seen with the Browns.

Hopefully Williams' people agree to the 1/23 date. I want to see this fight. But it wouldn't surprise me if they move on, nor would I blame them. Only hope for people that want to still see this fight is that few people at 147-160 that we wanna see fight Paul Williams have the balls to fight Paul Williams.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby bustedknuckles » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Did you guys see where Kelly had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics he was on for the staff infection in early September? From the sound of it he was in pretty bad condition from the reaction (like close to death bad) and was in the Cleveland Clinic for several days, maybe a week IIRC. It was kept quite until a couple weeks ago, but the Vindy did an article on it and it just kind passed by like no big deal.
bustedknuckles

Unread postby swerb » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:13 pm

bustedknuckles wrote:Did you guys see where Kelly had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics he was on for the staff infection in early September? From the sound of it he was in pretty bad condition from the reaction (like close to death bad) and was in the Cleveland Clinic for several days, maybe a week IIRC. It was kept quite until a couple weeks ago, but the Vindy did an article on it and it just kind passed by like no big deal.

One piece I read, Loew was quoted as saying it was real scary for a couple days ... and Kelly had a hole in his hand like the size of a nickel, so deep you could see bone.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby bustedknuckles » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Yeah, I remember that article, but I think it was written just after the first time they postponed the Williams fight and was referencing how bad the staff was and how it almost did him in.

The article I'm referring too is about how the meds almost whacked him (sorry for not posting link earlier).

http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/oct/11/a ... ik/?pavlik

So to sum it up, in the last 2-3 months he's had 2 near death experiences (not even counting the 4-wheeler fiasco) and hasn't even been in the ring. Great.
bustedknuckles

Unread postby Guest » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:18 am

This is some bad shit.
Will one month really be enough for Kelly to be 100%?
I want this fight but only if Pavlik is 100%.
He needs to get better first, worry about this fight later.
The last thing you want to do is rush back and ruin a promising career.

Return to The Rumble Room