Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

For Sale - Two Metallica Tickets for Tonight

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

For Sale - Two Metallica Tickets for Tonight

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:29 pm

Figured I'd post this here cause it's got more traffic than the Marketplace forum does.

I've got 2 Metallica tickets in Sec. 230 to get rid of. $72.50 a piece, taking $100 for the pair.

PM me if interested. Can either meet down there or get them beforehand.
Last edited by skatingtripods on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Two Metallica Tickets for Tonight

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Sorry tripods... Not buying. I'm going!!!

Metal up your f*ckin' asses!!!

\m/ \m/ \m/

By the way, why are you selling on such short notice?
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:Sorry tripods... Not buying. I'm going!!!

Metal up your f*ckin' asses!!!

\m/ \m/ \m/

By the way, why are you selling on such short notice?

Have 4. Brother-in-law bailed on me today at 2.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Ahh I see. That sucks. Good luck with that. Wish I could help you out. Enjoy the show though.

\m/
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:Ahh I see. That sucks. Good luck with that. Wish I could help you out. Enjoy the show though.

\m/

Thanks.

You don't know anybody looking for two, eh?
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:23 pm

Nah srry.
Bill the Butcher

Re: For Sale - Two Metallica Tickets for Tonight

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:46 am

After all these years they still put on a killer show. Even though I am not a huge fan of the new stuff, they had a nice mix of songs and really threw down on the metal...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:43 am

Twas my first Metallica show, so I can't really compare to previous ones. But I know I'm very picky when it comes to live music. I can either hate it or love it. In last night's case, I loved it.

I, indeed, got metal up my ass.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:04 pm

I spent most of it wondering how ridiculously awesome a Metallica concert would have been 15-20 years ago. It was a pretty decent show. I've been sick all week and left as they started their Misfits cover, I hope I didn't miss a second encore after that.

Their performance of Fade To Black was tremendous.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Last night was my first Metallica show also....i had a blast. I was really dissapointed that they didnt play The Memory Remains or No Leaf Clover, those are my two favs. also, it kinda sucked that the PA system went out on our side about 3 times. I'll definitely be going back when they come to Cleveland again. Only next time, i hope its the S&M tour because that might be the best CD ever made.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:33 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:also, it kinda sucked that the PA system went out on our side about 3 times.

I wasn't on that side, but to be honest, I didn't hear any difference. Could you just not hear Hetfield singing?

Only next time, i hope its the S&M tour because that might be the best CD ever made.

That'll never happen. Two reasons; 1) Michael Kamen died and 2) it's definitely one of my favorite live albums ever. It was only meant for a one time thing... and it was perfection. They won't be able to top their one and only performance of S&M.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:also, it kinda sucked that the PA system went out on our side about 3 times.

I wasn't on that side, but to be honest, I didn't hear any difference. Could you just not hear Hetfield singing?

No. Everything was significantly lower. I noticed it and thought it was just pressure on my ears from being sick, but after it kept going, it was clear it was a problem with the equipment.

I'd say it lasted a good 20-30 minutes, maybe more, before they got it fixed.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Tymaster » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Lars is trying to put together a tour of the Four Pillars of American Thrash Metal. For those of you who are retarded and don't know what bands those are PLEASE STOP LISTENING TO METALLICA NOW.
At any rate, those four bands have never shared the same stage, but logistically, and egotistically, I don't see it working. $cott Ian is desperate enough that he and Charlene Benatar wouldn't whine about having the 6pm opening slot with a half hour set. However, it gets murky when it comes to Slayer and Megadeth. Meg's have had a few "hit" records but Slayer have actually been a much more consistent album seller and ticket seller. They are like the Ramones. The only way their fans can hear them, is to buy the records. The only way fans can see them is to go to the show. When Slayer headline Ohio, they play places like the TW, Nautica, LC, Riverfront, Hara, the JAR. Megadeth sometimes, but more often than not it's a club. So there would be some fighting with the middle slot. Plus, Mustaine and Lars and Hetfield have that long time feud, so I don't see it happening, but boy it would be cool.
Metallica
Slayer
Anthrax
Megadeth
ONE STAGE ONE NIGHT!
Tymaster

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Tymaster wrote: For those of you who are retarded and don't know what bands those are PLEASE STOP LISTENING TO METALLICA NOW.

I think you got confused about which group of people is retarded.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Slayer hasn't released a good album since South Of Heaven. They also suck ass live.

Metallica hasn't relased a good album since And Justice For All (and only half of that album rocked).

Megadeth Hasn't released a good album since Rust In Peace.

Anthrax hasn't released a a good album since Persistence Of Time.

Shit. Metallica isn't even Metal anymore
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:55 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Tymaster wrote: For those of you who are retarded and don't know what bands those are PLEASE STOP LISTENING TO METALLICA NOW.

I think you got confused about which group of people is retarded.

I'm just sayin', don't call yourself a metal fan if you are not at least familiar with the "Big 4."
Listening to Metallica on a classic rock station does not make one metal at all.
Tymaster

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Slayer hasn't released a good album since South Of Heaven. They also suck ass live.

Metallica hasn't relased a good album since And Justice For All (and only half of that album rocked).

Megadeth Hasn't released a good album since Rust In Peace.

Anthrax hasn't released a a good album since Persistence Of Time.

Shit. Metallica isn't even Metal anymore

I haven't really dug Meg's releases since RIP.
I think e/t Anthrax did w/ John Bush was great, but with each new release sales just slipped and slipped.
IMHO you are way off base about Slayer though. Solid catalog through and through, and after about 30 or so Slayer shows, I've never heard any say "that show sucked." Except for the old farts in the back who would rather eat hot dogs and drink beer than get caught in a mosh. Maybe you've turned into that guy?????????????
Tymaster

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Moshing is for morons who's IQ is under 80. I go to concerts to hear music, not to rub up against other sweaty guys. Maybe that's your idea of a good time, but it's not mine.

I've seen Slayer 5 times, they've been utter shit everytime. They became an total joke of a band when they released Undisputed Crapitude.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:08 pm

That was my first Metallica concert. I guess I'm not "metal" enough for some people here, but I became a fan after Justice, like a lot of people I know. I like a lot of their music. I thought it was a good concert that could have been great if the sound didn't go out.

The best way I can describe it: It sounded like the guy in the appartment upstairs was blasting Metallica on his huge stereo. You could hear the music and the singing, but it was somehow kind of muffled. I thought that the band might extend the set to try to make up for it but I don't think they did.

Mosh pits are for douche bags. Like the guy in the tight wife beater down on the floor in front of us (I was in the club seats) who, even though he works out for 3 hours a day and is on roids, couldn't quite make up for the fact that he's only 5'3". He kept thrashing about and running into the people around him. It was amusing, but it looked really annoying if you were by him. I have nothing against mosh pits, especially if it looks like a lot of people are into it. Hey, have fun however you like. But this looked like 2 or 3 guys surrounded by a bunch of people that would really rather listen to some music.

Glad I went. Hope they come back. Glad James made it through unscathed. Wish the sound didn't take a crap. Kirk has chicken legs.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:37 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:That was my first Metallica concert. I guess I'm not "metal" enough for some people here .

I don't care if you're metal or not, I liked Metallica's metal albums, that's what I was talking about.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Moshing is for morons who's IQ is under 80. I go to concerts to hear music, not to rub up against other sweaty guys. Maybe that's your idea of a good time, but it's not mine.

I've seen Slayer 5 times, they've been utter shit everytime. They became an total joke of a band when they released Undisputed Crapitude.

I hate to be "that internet guy," but really CDT, if you are going to insult a person for their IQ: learn when to use "whose" and "who's."
OSU taught you well..............................................................................
Tymaster

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Motherscratcher wrote:That was my first Metallica concert. I guess I'm not "metal" enough for some people here .

I don't care if you're metal or not, I liked Metallica's metal albums, that's what I was talking about.

Actually, that wasn't for you at all CDT. That was for Tymaster, who despite his kick ass avatar, thinks I shouldn't be allowed to listen to Metallica because I didn't know who the Big 4 are.

Looking back, I probably would have gotten 3 out of the 4. I think I would have guessed Iron Maiden or Motorhead before I guessed Anthrax. 3 out of 4 aint bad for a guy who spent his high school years during the grunge era.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Tymaster wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Moshing is for morons who's IQ is under 80. I go to concerts to hear music, not to rub up against other sweaty guys. Maybe that's your idea of a good time, but it's not mine.

I hate to be "that internet guy," but really CDT, if you are going to insult a person for their IQ: learn when to use "whose" and "who's."
OSU taught you well..............................................................................

Spelling smack....... The last gasp of a desperate loser.

Mosh pits are for morons, this can't be disputed. I've seen too many of them.

Besides, you're not that smart, you got scammed out of $5,000+ by a girl who played your ass like a fiddle.

I hear there are some Nigerian princesses who need help........
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Tymaster wrote:

Hey Strutter, is this the direction you'll be going from now on?

Don't be afraid to mix a worthwhile post in somewhere.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:34 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Actually, that wasn't for you at all CDT. That was for Tymaster, who despite his kick ass avatar, thinks I shouldn't be allowed to listen to Metallica because I didn't know who the Big 4 are.

Looking back, I probably would have gotten 3 out of the 4. I think I would have guessed Iron Maiden or Motorhead before I guessed Anthrax. 3 out of 4 aint bad for a guy who spent his high school years during the grunge era.

My bad.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:53 am

I'm a fan of bands that can change styles (but not too drastically) and do it well.

My two favorite bands did just that. The Beatles went from skiffle, to early 60s pop, folk, psychadelic, and finally to hard/classic rock... and they did it well. Very well. Metallica started out metal and gradually moved to hard rock with a taste of blues and finally back to something more metal (but not like their early metal) with Death Magnetic.

I like versatility... not one-trick ponies.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby contagious216 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:32 am

I'm here for the tickets!
contagious216

Favorite Player: maravich
Least Favorite Player: steelers

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture