Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

The Office 10/08/09 thread

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

The Office 10/08/09 thread

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:37 pm

"Niagara" is an episode of the US Comedy Series The Office.[1] It is the fourth episode of the sixth season, though because of its extended hour long runtime, it will be considered the fourth and fifth episodes in the season's episode count. It will be the 104th (and 105th) episode overall. It was written by Greg Daniels and Mindy Kaling and it was directed by Paul Feig. It will air on October 8, 2009.

The highly-anticipated episode will revolve around the wedding of Jim and Pam at Niagara Falls.

The Office travels to Niagara Falls to celebrate Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam's (Jenna Fischer) wedding. Michael (Steve Carell), Dwight (Rainn Wilson), and Andy (Ed Helms) all want to hook up with guests at the wedding and Michael and Dwight meet twins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara_(The_Office)

The big one tonight. If there's any justice in this world, dwight gets best man, the possbilities for the lols would be endless.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: The Office 10/08/09 thread

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:03 am

Triple-S wrote:
"Niagara" is an episode of the US Comedy Series The Office.[1] It is the fourth episode of the sixth season, though because of its extended hour long runtime, it will be considered the fourth and fifth episodes in the season's episode count. It will be the 104th (and 105th) episode overall. It was written by Greg Daniels and Mindy Kaling and it was directed by Paul Feig. It will air on October 8, 2009.

The highly-anticipated episode will revolve around the wedding of Jim and Pam at Niagara Falls.

The Office travels to Niagara Falls to celebrate Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam's (Jenna Fischer) wedding. Michael (Steve Carell), Dwight (Rainn Wilson), and Andy (Ed Helms) all want to hook up with guests at the wedding and Michael and Dwight meet twins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara_(The_Office)

The big one tonight. If there's any justice in this world, dwight gets best man, the possbilities for the lols would be endless.

Dwight as The Playa was pretty epic, but I hope they got the Jim / Pam shit out of their systems now.

Ruining the franchise AFAIC.

This may have been the final shark jump episode in retrospect. 30 Rock has long since lapped The Office.

Oh, and Parks and Rec blows and Cmmunity needs new writers, stat. Bring back Earl.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby waborat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:51 am

JB wrote:

Dwight as The Playa was pretty epic, but I hope they got the Jim / Pam shit out of their systems now.

Ruining the franchise AFAIC.

This may have been the final shark jump episode in retrospect. 30 Rock has long since lapped The Office.

Oh, and Parks and Rec blows and Cmmunity needs new writers, stat. Bring back Earl.

Really starting to get worried for this show...

Every episode has been vanilla so far this season...

Damn, what happened to "Must See TV"???

Brings up the question, which decade was better??? Hmm, sounds like a post in itself
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:07 am

Two things that usually kill a sitcom are maing characters (a) getting involved in a serious relationship/marriage and (b) having a child. Both are happening with The Office, and it's taken a dive in the past 2 seasons to say the least.

That being said, last night's episode was money. If you didn't enjoy that, then you should stop watching it because not much from here on out will hit that bar in terms of where this show is going. Andy's accident, Dwight playing the pimp, Kevin's shoes and toupee, Michael's speech on "different sensations", and so on. I was pleased with last night's episode.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby DarNoor » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:36 am

I haven't seen the new episode yet (it is on the dvr). But, i have bee disappointed with this season. I don't like the changes that have been made this season. Jim is co-manager, Pam is a sales person, and the whole Jim and Pam wedding. There just doesn't seem to be as many comedic opportunities as there once was.
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby waborat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:51 am

Best scene was Creed eating the noodles while everyone was chuckin :lmfao:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:58 am

DarNoor wrote:I haven't seen the new episode yet (it is on the dvr). But, i have bee disappointed with this season. I don't like the changes that have been made this season. Jim is co-manager, Pam is a sales person, and the whole Jim and Pam wedding. There just doesn't seem to be as many comedic opportunities as there once was.

There are as many opportunities, just not explored as the writesr work the "star" system as Carrel, Krasinski and Fisher have gone Hollywood and they are either placating focus groups and Q ratings or caving into demands to keep them on the show . What was an emsemble cast is now an ever lamer star vehicle.

Comedic opportunities?

Where is the Michael / blue collar Loading Dock Dudes interaction ?

Never had Oscar's partner visit.

The last Toby had an HR seminar highjacked by Michael was..... ?

Office holiday parties?

Kevin's band?

Andy's sexual confusion? His college buddies coming to visit?

And my God, when was the last time they did dick with Angela being Angela?

Cousin ever lovin' Mos for cryin' out loud.

Lastly, Creed has never been developed at all. So much room to work there.

and so on...

They abandoned the whole premise of the franchise..... its THE OFFICE dammit. Not The Jim Loves Pam Show. Not the Steve Carrel is The Only Character Show.

But that's what it became. Yep, I'd say the shark jumped with the wedding procession doing that gay youtube video. We saw it real time.
Last edited by jb on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:59 am

Michael hooking up with Pam's mom sets the stage for a potentially great season.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 am

JB wrote:
DarNoor wrote:Comedic opportunities?

Where is the Michael / blue collar Loading Dock Dudes interaction ?

Never had Oscar's partner visit.

The last Toby had an HR seminar highjacked by Michael was..... ?

Office holiday parties?

Kevin's band?

Andy's sexual confusion? His college buddies coming to visit?

And my God, when was the last time they did dick with Angela being Angela?

Cousin ever lovin' Mos for cryin' out loud.

Lastly, Creed has never been developed at all. So much room to work there.

I agree 1000% with all of those except for Creed. I think the funniest part about Creed's character is that it is a cross between random and spontaneous. I think any real development would cripple the charm of what he brings to the table currently. Just my $.02.

I do however love the idea of Andy's college buddies crashing Scranton for an episode. That could/would be epic.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby TIMMAH » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:55 am

This must be a Baskin Robbins cause here comes the banana split!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. Love it.

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Unread postby TIMMAH » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Did you guys ever honestly like this show? All you ever do is bitch about how it's not god anymore but I don't remember anyone posting when it was good... whenever that was. I've watched since season 1 and still think it's as good as it ever was. (mooning)

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:12 pm

TIMMAH wrote:Did you guys ever honestly like this show? All you ever do is bitch about how it's not god anymore but I don't remember anyone posting when it was good... whenever that was. I've watched since season 1 and still think it's as good as it ever was. (mooning)

I see both sides. I think that people are hard on it because it started out as pure greatness and the bar was set extremely high. You also have to admit that last season was a huge dissapointment though, right? I'm the biggest Office honk alive and even I admit that last season was pretty poor.

All in all, I think this season has been a step (not a leap) in the right direction. They seem to be slowly getting back into the inner-office humor. I do agree with alot of JB's points though, a good holiday episode or a good warehouse episode would be great for the show right now.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:19 pm

TIMMAH wrote:Did you guys ever honestly like this show? All you ever do is bitch about how it's not god anymore but I don't remember anyone posting when it was good... whenever that was. I've watched since season 1 and still think it's as good as it ever was. (mooning)

Of course Timmuh.

I love The Office.

Joannie Loves Chachi? No so much.

And no, Andy pulling an art modell wasn't funny. That's not The Office. That's Jim fakkin' Carey. Now Pam being the only one sober enough? Funny. I gotta admit.

I will give you Kevin ruled the show AFAIC. Michael's speech? Nice.

Wedding procession is still a great big shark jump.

The point of the The Office isn't some middle American feel good sit come. The point is the archtypes that make any working place a cluster f%$# at times, and how snarkey, un-PC, and uncomforatble situations can be.

It is betraying the roots.

Look. I didn't hate every minuteof the episode last night. That's why I like the show overall and watch it. I'm just sayin' no way can crap like the Jim Pam wedding come remotely close to the Dwight vs the machine sales contest (modern day Jon Henry story) or the competeing office parties.
jb

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:31 pm

re-doing that YouTube wedding clip was a terrible idea IMO. the writers of this show should be better than that.

Other than that, I really enjoyed last night's episode.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:46 pm

JB wrote:

Of course Timmuh.

I love The Office.

Joannie Loves Chachi? No so much.

And no, Andy pulling an art modell wasn't funny. That's not The Office. That's Jim fakkin' Carey. Now Pam being the only one sober enough? Funny. I gotta admit.

I will give you Kevin ruled the show AFAIC. Michael's speech? Nice.

Wedding procession is still a great big shark jump.

The point of the The Office isn't some middle American feel good sit come. The point is the archtypes that make any working place a cluster f%$# at times, and how snarkey, un-PC, and uncomforatble situations can be.

It is betraying the roots.

Look. I didn't hate every minuteof the episode last night. That's why I like the show overall and watch it. I'm just sayin' no way can crap like the Jim Pam wedding come remotely close to the Dwight vs the machine sales contest (modern day Jon Henry story) or the competeing office parties.

Exactly. Exactly.

Situations so uncomfortable and familiar that the look to the camera actually meant something.

Doesn't even need to be done documentary style anyomre.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:58 pm

I missed it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture