Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Beatlemania again

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Beatlemania again

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:20 pm

You can hear a more drastic difference with their earlier albums (Please Please Me and With the Beatles) between mono vs stereo.

The only later remastered album I have is Abbey Road. I can tell a slight difference, but not so much really.

So far, I have Please Please Me, With the Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, Beatles for Sale (haven't opened yet), Abbey Road, and Past Masters.

Target is running a good deal -- $13.99 per (exception being Past Masters and White Album, being $18.99), but when you buy two, they give you a $5 gift card. Works for me.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Doc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:01 pm

Wish I would have thought to post this earlier...Rain (Beatles tribute band) was playing at the Palace Theater tonight, so I got some tix with the lady and saw an amazing show. Next time they come to town, I'd recommend giving them a look. Probably played about 2 hours or so worth of music. It was awesome. Dressed up like the Sullivan show, the Shea Stadium suits, the Sgt Peppers outfits, the Abbey Road cover gear, and something else. Played a whole spectrum of songs, from the early stuff to the acoustic stuff (Norwegian Wood and Blackbird) to the piano stuff (Let it Be/Hey Jude) and all sorts of stuff in between. Too many to remember, but they were replicas to a T. The Ringo head bob and Paul being a lefty, etc. The instruments were all the same as they used. Probably as close to the real thing as you'll ever find. They were good.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:40 am

^^^

I was there too! Great, great show. Though I wanted to hear more Harrison songs, but that's okay. While My Guitar Gently Weeps was one of their best performances.

I found it funny that "Paul" played his bass left-handed, but when he played regular guitar (example: Yesterday) he played righty.

Awesome show though. Doc, where were your seats?
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Doc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:53 am

I noticed that "Paul" played the acoustic righty. That's pretty impressive to me. While My Guitar Gently Weeps was incredible...that might have been my fave of the night.

We were upstairs, row H of the mezzanine. I think there were only 2 songs I didn't recognize...the 3rd song, IIRC, which they dubbed Ringo's song, and a later song where Ringo played tambourine up front with the rest of them. I think it might have been a Lennon solo career song, but I'm not sure.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:08 am

The songs you're referring to is This Boy and Give Peace a Chance, the latter being a Lennon solo (as well as Imagine).
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:32 pm

Abbey Road released today on The Beatles: Rock Band.

Needless to say, I spent all morning playing it. It's pretty damn awesome.

My only beef is that I think it's impossible to 5 star Her Majesty on drums, lol. There's only 1 note (that really consist of three, but just hit at the same time) at the beginning of the song, and it only gives you 4 and a half stars. At the end I was like.... WTF?

I'm gonna have to look into that.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby yogi » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:50 am

One of my sons bought me 2 of the remixed albums, A Hard Day's Night & Help!.

I listened to them both this morning. Best Christmas present I got in a long while, new Beatle music.

Its great. :woot:
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:00 pm

If you want to hear a phenomenal difference... listen to the '87 Please Please Me album versus the new remastered version.

It's mind blowing.
Bill the Butcher

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture