Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:49 am

The new season has started off on a great note. 2 very funny episodes to start out with. Good news as I was a little disappointed in the series last year; just seemed like the jokes were carried on far too long, past the point of being funny. That's all over now. I think they've finally embraced how great Marty Funkhauser is and I hope he's on every show now. The scenes with Bam Bam were great but I think the 2nd episode was even better with all the talk of "jobs" and not being able to open those plastic clamshell packages.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Unread postby Cease » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:38 am

This season has been great so far. The Black family storyline is ending, that's good, I'm ready for a new direction. I do like that Leon is going to squat in Larry's house and life, apparently. Leon is awesome- "that's what I do's"

The Seinfeld Reunion shows start this week and I'm stoked to see how they do it. The HBO sneak peak at these eps looked awesome. It's a perfect way (in real life) for these guys to get back together and entertain us. Now, Seinfeld's a show about nothing inside a show about even less (Curb). Just Brilliant.

I got some inside scoop from an extra (a former co-worker) about a few of the episodes he was in - but I think he's full of s*it. So, if I see his episodes coming I'll share his stories about him meeting/partying with Larry and being on-set. Until then, I'm skeptical of my contact's truthfulness.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Two hysterical episodes to start this season.

Bam Bam Funkhouser was great. Jeff nailing her was even funnier. Larry trying to race the doctor home to break up with Vivica Fox before she was diagnosed.

Then this past episode was just a classic. Was laughing from end to end. Leon is an-all time great sitcom character. Was a great ending to the show, knowing he's still gonna be staying with "LD". Always love when Richard Lewis is on also.

Setting up to be a great season. Leon in the mix, Larry trying to win back Cheryl, the Seinfeld crew ... making all of us forget about the season he was cast in the Producers.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:43 pm

Funkhoser has come along way from his Super Dave Osborne days on Showtime. Those were greats shows in the early days of cable.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:31 am

Larry's faint in episode one was absolutely classic. Good episode last night, too. This show is really under appreciated.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Episodes 3 was great, his conversations with Jerry Seinfeld and Jason Alexander were hilarious.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Cease » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:08 am

Last night's "I'm Larry David, and I enjoy wearing women's panties" episode brought everything to the table. The reveal of Larry in red undies resolved everything with a single shot. And, Jeff in the neck-brace was the boomer after a grand finale of 5-6 well played running jokes.

Thinking back to how Seinfeld upped the ante on setting up and delivering conflict resolution, I'm even more impressed with how Curb raises the stakes. Last night's episode may have been the best example to date. I'm gushing, I know, but that shit was thick, involved several weighty plot lines (friendship, divorce, Cheryl, cross-dressing, shop lifting), and was perfectly executed. Great show.

PS: Bored to Death has really grown on me.

PPS: Curb coming to basic cable. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/09/curb-your-enthusiasm-comi_n_350449.html
Cease

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:50 pm

The show is absolutely hysterical. One of, if not the greatest half hour comedy ever for my money. Every episode has been laugh out loud funny since the disappointing "The Producers" season.

The golf episode two weeks ago ... Funkhouser, his brother with the crispy onions and flake wife, killing the swan, getting interrogated by the owner of the club ... just classic. And last night's episode was great as well.

Can't get enough of Funkhouser & Leon.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Seems like the show has been boom or bust this year. Some all-timers in Denise Handicap/Wendy Wheelchair and Vehicular Fellatio. The Black Swan and the one last night were pretty good. The Bare Midriff one was awful, just not believable at all that anyone would wear that and be able to get away with it, especially in an office. Only episode I haven't enjoyed this season.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:08 am

Never watched at all for some reason. Happened to catch the last 2 or 3 - funny as hell and really creative. The Seinfeld "reunion" and the jokes they made at their own expense at how the original series ended were very well done.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby swerb » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:59 am

Loved the ending, thought it was a great season. Even managed to work Elizabeth Shue in the mix ... I've always been fond of her.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cease » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:22 am

A+ Season, with finale to match. Great stuff.

This is for you, Swerb...

NOT SAFE FOR WORK - Language. Swerb, lemme know if this is inappropriate and needs to be pulled.

Cease

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:58 am

"Adele David- Mother of an asshole and swan killer".

When Larry gets the rash and sees the doctor I almost fell out of the chair. And Jerry's horror when Larry asked the 9 yr old's mother how the girl's rash was (citing exactly where it was located) nearly killed me.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Peeker643 wrote: When Larry gets the rash and sees the doctor I almost fell out of the chair. And Jerry's horror when Larry asked the 9 yr old's mother how the girl's rash was (citing exactly where it was located) nearly killed me.

NSFW. Keep the volume low.

I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:59 pm

"Having said that......"

BTW, I thought David went out of his way to ease the pain of Michael Richards. Making light of that incident may go a lot further in re-establishing that guy than all the apologies he could ever make.

Leon doing the Duberstein role was also outstanding.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:33 pm

Cease wrote:A+ Season, with finale to match. Great stuff.

This is for you, Swerb...

NOT SAFE FOR WORK - Language. Swerb, lemme know if this is inappropriate and needs to be pulled.

Leon might be one of the greatest characters ever. Just hearing him describe what he'd do to Denise Handicap (gimme her number Larry, I'll twist that ass up!) has me rolling on the ground. Definitely need more of him and Marty Funkhauser.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture