Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Flash Forward

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Flash Forward

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:51 pm

Decent first episode. It was good enough to make me want to see more, so it did it's job.

The acting was subpar, but not bad enough to really ruin it. I'm looking forward to episode two.

Anybody else catch it? Thoughts?
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Re: Flash Forward

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:15 am

Crap, I'm so caught up in other stuff I forgot to watch it. Any spoiler-free thoughts you'd like to share?
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:21 am

There were some Lost-esque sequences here and there.

The scene with the surveillance cameras was pretty spooky.

Not much else. LOL, sorry.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby pup » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:25 am

Watched it. Good enough to bring me back for week 2.

The holy shit moment with the bracelet was spooky.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:54 am

I liked it. I'll definitely watch it for the first few episodes at least to see where it's going. But yeah, I'll agree the scene with the security cameras was awesomely spooky.

Thursday night's got a lot of good shows. So does Monday for that matter, but Thursday I think is better.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:58 pm

I enjoyed FlashForward as well. Can't wait to see where they go with it from here and what happens in April.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:59 pm

idoctribefan wrote:I enjoyed FlashForward as well. Can't wait to see where they go with it from here and what happens in April.

Our April... or their April?

:guns:
Last edited by Bill the Butcher on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:54 pm

As far as pilots go, this definitely was one of the better ones. I like the premise and they did a great job of getting the main characters through the crisis without going completely Michael Bey on us. Some of the character moments felt forced and "Pilotee," but that's what Pilots are for.

I will absolutely be tuning in next week.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:26 pm

So, several things we know so far (I know, I'm a nerd)...

-a few did not have flash forwards
-a few did not black out
-the case is called/going to be called the Mosaic Collective

Anybody else like the cameos of Jett Jackson and Seth McFarland? I literally lol'd when he came on screen.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:56 am

Bill the Butcher wrote:So, several things we know so far (I know, I'm a nerd)...

-a few did not have flash forwards
-a few did not black out
-the case is called/going to be called the Mosaic Collective

Anybody else like the cameos of Jett Jackson and Seth McFarland? I literally lol'd when he came on screen.

Definitely saw Seth McFarland. Don't know if his will be just a cameo because it looked like he was a government official and was talking about the incident on a TV about it later. First episode sucked me in, I'll definitely be watching. Really love the philosophical perspective underlying the whole series, i.e. will knowing the future make you be more apt to avoid it, or is it
inevitable. Loved the quote from the sponsor (from the trailer as well) and what really sucked me in before the series started:

You're worried your flash forward will come true. I'm worried mine won't.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Doc » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:10 am

Agreed. Watched the pilot on DVR last night and was wowwed. It had a very 'Lost' feel to me. It's a really cool concept...I think I'm most intrigued by John Cho's character. Will definitely be watching the whole season.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Seth McFarlane is I believe in the first two episodes only. He filmed a few scenes over the summer. One of the creators, or producers, or something like that is good friends with him.

And yeah, the underlying philosophical question is a very interesting one.

April 29th, 10:00PM. Makes me wonder if the season finale is going to be 2 hours or not. Usually the show starts at 8, so for it to end at 10:00PM, the season finale would have to be 2 hours (or they'd have to change the start time).
StewieG

Unread postby Jumbo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Interesting premise and a very solid pilot. Seems worth watching.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of John Cho (he's come a long way since MILF Guy #2 in American Pie) as well as the British people we just got glimpses of: the lead guy from Coupling & Swingers, as well as Merry/Charlie and Desmond's girlfriend.

I had a few issues with the pilot, and I've got a few concerns about executing the premise (i.e., will they go Lost or Heroes?), but so far it's earned a Season Pass on my Tivo.
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby wmurphyhh » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:13 am

Seems like the little girl Charlie knows alot.
How did she get so much info in her Flash Forward ? She seems to be attached to the boy Dillon in the hospital AND knows D Gibbons ?

Everyone had to know the female sheriff was going to bite it.

Still an interesting premise. Looking forward to how it turns out.
wmurphyhh
"Murph"

Least Favorite Player: Chris Johnson

Unread postby pup » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:01 am

Loved last night's episode.

The phone call to Noh? Man that would really suck.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:31 am

I'm a fan. Can't wait til March 15th. We'll see if you can change the future or not on that date. My guess is Noh dies, though I hope not. I like his character.
StewieG

Unread postby Doc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:55 am

Yup, really enjoyed last night's episode as well. Lots going on, but not too much to keep track of.

I'm trying to put all the pieces together in my head, but I'm not getting too far. Specifically between Mark, Olivia, Lloyd, and the 2 kids. Olivia's flash involves only Lloyd, as far as I can tell. We don't know what Lloyd's flash involved, not Dylan's. Though, Dylan has already knows Olivia, probably through his flash. Charlie, she knows Dylan from her flash, but also knows of D Gibbons. Her, and probably Dylan, seem to be keys to figuring out who D Gibbons is, as it would seem that if Charlie saw him, that Dylan likely would as well. But how would Dylan know Olivia? A picture of Charlie's from the flash?

Also, I think Lloyd and Dylan are creepy as hell. Sorry, had to get that out there. Dumb question...if you are in Olivia's position, what do you do? Do you let it play out and see what happens, or do you confront Lloyd and try to make an attempt to avoid the situation all together? I guess there will be a lot of decisions like that in this series...you know the future, or assume you know it. Do you accept it or do you make an effort to change it?

And yeah...John Cho's character is all sorts of awesome. I'm really enjoying his dilemma.
Doc

Unread postby Doc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:16 am

StewieG wrote:I'm a fan. Can't wait til March 15th. We'll see if you can change the future or not on that date. My guess is Noh dies, though I hope not. I like his character.

I think you can change the future. I was actually debating this last night. Case in point...Mark and Olivia both had flashes to April 29, 2010. That would mean that both would be alive on that date. It may be graphic, but couldn't Mark kill her (or himself) if he really wanted to prior to that date? I would define that as changing the future. It's extreme, but it seems really possible to change the future. In Noh's case, if I got a call saying I'd be murdered on March 15, 2010, you can rest assured I'd be calling the fiancee first to see if she saw anything in her flash that could confirm or refute what the woman said to Noh on the phone. And I'd most certainly be surrounded by police or security or something on that day.

But yeah, I think you can change the future. I'm curious as to how the show will portray it, though. I don't think it'll be as simple as I layed out above. But...if you don't have a future, such as Noh and the police woman...the question is if you can stop the future. I'm not sure about that.
Doc

Unread postby DarNoor » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:05 am

The first two episodes have me hooked. I get that " Lost" feeling when i watch. I am curious how they are going to handle future seasons. Is this a one season and done show?
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby wmurphyhh » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:47 pm

The show brings up a great question to debate...
Would you want to know the day of your death ? You couldn't prevent it, but would how it would change how you live ?

The show seems to have 2 parts to it. You have the X-Files / Terrorist conspiracy story and then the fate / human side of the story.

I like the show has some real promise if the writers already have the timeline figured out. Too many shows start out with a great concept, are accepted by the public, and then are stretched out. I thought Prison Break was good in season 1 and thought it was crap by the end. The Shield was a good show that ended when it should have. Maybe ABC will treat it like Lost and set the end date soon.
wmurphyhh
"Murph"

Least Favorite Player: Chris Johnson

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Anyone recognize what city skyline that was? (I'm referring to Noh's caller)

Great second episode. Noh is definitely the most interesting character.

In regards to changing the future -- according to the mystery guy at the doll factory...

Those who foresee calamity, suffer it twice over.

...you won't be able to change it. You might be able to change the path from now until then, but the end will always be the same.

P.S. -- the woman who plays Janis Hawk is really cute. Especially when she wears her glasses.

P.S.S. (or is it P.P.S?) -- Hawk's baby in the future might be Noh's. I duno about you, but before she convinces Noh to post his flashforward (or lack thereof), I kinda sensed a bit of flirting. idk.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:46 pm

In regards to whether or not you can change the future: I think the future is set up on the choices you are most likely to make. So yes, if Mark wanted to push Olivia into oncoming traffic, he could...but he won't, because it goes against his character; against his likely choices.

But the real reason I thought Noh would die, was because I thought that would be the writers' way of driving home the point that even if you know the future, it's very, very difficult (if not impossible) to change it. Now if they wanted to give the characters hope that they could change the future, they'd allow Noh to live. That's what I'm hoping they do (because again, I like the character), but I don't think they will.

On a different tangent, as wmurphy pointed out, the question "Would you want to know when and how you die?"...it's a simple question that can go very deep. Me personally...I don't want to know. I think I'd end up counting down the hours and minutes, and I think it would drive me absolutely crazy.

As for where the woman called Noh from: I've heard Hong Kong, but I don't know for sure.

And yes, Christine Woods (Janis Hawk) is a fox.
StewieG

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Then her name should be Janis Fox... aaaayyyyyoooooooooooooo!
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Doc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:56 pm

I agree with all of that...I'm not suggesting that either "would" do something like that, just that it's possible to change the future (assuming that the flashes are actually true). There's lots of scenarios in the show so far where you could avoid doing what your flashforward suggests. The guy and the woman in the rooftop meeting or whatever it was...it would be easy to avoid being in a certain location at a certain time if you wanted the flash to not be true. I guess I'm not explaining that well, but I think you guys get the point.

So, yeah, maybe these are more warnings than anything else. I have a feeling some will come true (Mark and Olivia, due to Mark not being open with her about being back to drinking in the flash). If he'd come clean with her about it, as she did with mentioning Lloyd, it'd be a way to for them to work together so that the relationship doesn't get to that point.

I did think that Noh would be the father of the child (I don't remember her name) as well. But, he has a fiancee. So many storylines, and I can only imagine there will be tons of twists as well (it's only week 2!).
Doc

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:05 pm

Something I just remembered that I haven't seen mentioned (my apologies if it already has been)...Mark burned the friendship bracelet Charlie gave him. Does that change the future? Or does Charlie make him another bracelet?
StewieG

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:01 pm

Lots of moments in the first 30 minutes of last night's episode that were retread, but that's to be expected from a second episode. LOVED the last 30 minutes.

They got me for another week.
justmebd

Unread postby pup » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:16 pm

Lloyd is D. Gibbons?

Charlie hears him order the killing of her father over the phone after he leaves the mom in the sack, while Charlie is in the room with Dylan.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Doc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:44 am

Pup wrote:Lloyd is D. Gibbons?

Charlie hears him order the killing of her father over the phone after he leaves the mom in the sack, while Charlie is in the room with Dylan.

There's something bad about Lloyd, or at least he comes off that way to me. My only qualm with that is how does Charlie know of him as D Gibbons, but not recognize him in the hospital? Then again, Dylan recognizes Olivia, but not vice versa. The man walking around in the stadium reminded me of Lloyd, but I'm doubting they're the same person. Is it Thursday yet?
Doc

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:39 pm

Took me a while to get to watch the 2nd episode because the cable went out and couldn't DVR it. Anyway, my thoughts:

-The case is going to consume Mark. That will lead to his drinking causing his wife to leave him into the arms of Lloyd, the grieving father.

- I think Lloyd definitely has to be involved if Charlie saw his son in her flashforward and it's also really bad. The only way he's not is if Olivia and Lloyd are together with Charlie and Dylan, normally sleeping together in the same room or whatnot, get abducted by the people that planned this to try and stop Mark.

- I don't know if there's a connection between Lloyd and D. Gibbons. Could it be possible that, in Mark's flashforward, that the government is the one going after him because he's getting everything right? His flashforward was at the perfect time and gave him all the information needed for a head start so maybe the government thinks he's in on it.

- As for Noh, I think he's a goner as there have been way too many "coincidences" as he calls them.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby pup » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Really slow episode week 3, IMO.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:13 pm

I wonder what the Crowlocaust had to do with everything?
StewieG

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Not much was discovered in Ep.3, but maybe that's a good thing... to let the audience experience a little bit of the frustration of figuring this stuff out.

The ending was neat. Obviously that giant tower has something to do with it. Millions of those had to be all around the world to allow the blackout. Those things were probably built among the people without them even realizing it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Something is obviously fishy between Demetri and his fiance... regarding their flashforwards.

Marks friend, the one with the soldier daughter, I think is lying about the remains really being her daughter.

idk
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Re: The bearded guy's daughter

I think the DNA they had on file were for somebody else. I don't think it was an accident either.
StewieG

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:21 pm

Just a hunch?

It's hard for me to believe that this worldwide catastrophe has everything to do with just a handful of people.

We never saw Demetri himself in his fiancee's flashfoward. I think she believes she thinks she saw him. Like from behind. A different dude with a similar build, hair, etc.

My one friend brought this up... when we compare Janis Hawk's and Mark's flashforward, Hawk is having a sonogram with sunlight coming through the window. Personally, I don't remember specifically if it was sunlight, it could have been just a bright room lit up by ceiling lights, I don't remember I have to watch the first episode again. Anyway, assuming the doctor administering the sonogram was speaking English, where was Hawk exactly? Couldn't have been in LA, because according to Mark's flashforward, he was in his office and it was night time. She couldn't have been in any other part of the United States since anything East of LA would be dark as well. Well... she could be in Hawaii?????

idk
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:30 am

-It's pretty obvious that Demetri's wife assumed that was him on the beach even though she never got close enough to see his face, which leads to him lying about being on the beach just so she doesn't worry. The thing I don't get it is, in a lot of these cases with people being committed to others (Mark and his wife, Demetri and his fiance) that the other spouse seems to move on pretty quickly. Olivia has already moved in with another man less than 6 months after being married to Mark (who, as I said before, she leaves when the case consumes him and he starts drinking again) and Demetri's fiance is having a wedding only 1 month after his supposed death (March 10th or around that time). Maybe the flashforwards are teaching everyone to live in the now and not waste any time so they move on faster than they normally would.

-No idea what's going on with Mark's sponsor but I'm leaning towards the army not having her correct DNA on file, as someone else already said.

-Another thing that's got me held up. Six months from now they STILL don't know who caused the flashforward as Mark is working harder than ever. Doesn't even seem like he's close, just that his board has more clues on it.

-Looks like the giant spike in the ground is letting out some type of gas. Question is, if those things are the sources of the blackout, and they're everywhere (hidden or not), what about the people flying at the time? Unless the conspiracy is that ingrained in the world that they had the gas in the ventiliation system in every airplane, it doesn't make sense that it came from the surface of the Earth. I'm sorta leaning towards it coming from space, maybe a gigantic solar flare or something that could be controlled by ultra-top secret scientists, or maybe something from the core of the Earth, like volcanic gases all spewed up at once in every volcano on the planet.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:51 pm

1) Was this latest episode the revelation that Janis is a lesbian or did they point that out in episodes before? I can't quite remember. I was watching the episode an hour ago and when I realized her and that other woman were on a date, I was like what the fuck... but then shortly followed with cheers and clapping.

2) She didn't die did she?

3) Cool shoot out at the end. I wish I could be a part of one someday...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:21 am

Bill the Butcher wrote:1) Was this latest episode the revelation that Janis is a lesbian or did they point that out in episodes before? I can't quite remember. I was watching the episode an hour ago and when I realized her and that other woman were on a date, I was like what the fuck... but then shortly followed with cheers and clapping.

2) She didn't die did she?

3) Cool shoot out at the end. I wish I could be a part of one someday...

1) I'm pretty sure this was a revelation. I don't recall it being revealed before. I suppose there were little hints, like when she said she never saw herself having kids and didn't have a boyfriend, but nothing blatant as far as I can remember.

2) I sure as hell hope they didn't kill off the hot chick already. I'm pretty sure since she had a flash forward she's not dead.

3) Yeah, that was a pretty cool scene. As for me, I'd prefer not to have rockets shot at me, thankyouverymuch.
StewieG

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:28 am

In the episode where they went to Germany (last week 10/15, I believe), that Nazi prisoner commented on how she was wearing a ring on a certain finger and in some cultures that is what lesbians do. No other characters commented on his remark at the time.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Unread postby Doc » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:28 am

The show got crazy in the last 5 minutes. After 2 lackluster episodes, IMO, it got back on track a bit last night.

At the end, who was "Charlie from Lost" in bed with? Was it Olivia? I couldn't tell, in my rush to tune into The Office.
Doc

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:37 am

what'd you guys think of last night's episode? Mark&Olivia's marital problems already have me bored. Thank goodness we had the blue hand storyline open up last night.

And WTF would the real-world odds be that the wife of the blackout's lead investigator comes together romantically with one of the guys who caused it? Small world, huh?

And Joseph Fiennes' over-acting is starting to annoy me.
idoctribefan

Unread postby Doc » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:17 pm

I will say that the last 2 episodes were pretty good. 3 and 4 weren't that good, IMO.

The Mark/Olivia thing kind of bores me, too. I'm curious to find out why Lloyd and Olivia are drawn to each other. That's really about the only thing about that story that interests me. And yeah, small world.

At first glance, I don't see a whole lot of connection between Simon/Lloyd and the Asians/Blue Hand Group. Or any of that stuff with Somalia, Nazis, or dead crows. So, I'm kinda lost on how any of this is connected. If Simon caused the blackout with some crazy science experiment, how does that involve the guys trying to assassinate the Mosaics?
Doc

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:03 pm

I've enjoyed all the episodes so far. Some more than others of course. But I'm just giving this story the chance to unfold before I start complaining about aspects of it.

I still want to find out what caused the blackout. And that's all I need.

I think Demetri and Janis will hook up sometime soon. There have been signs, and the latest one was the story Noh told to Jett Jackson (lol) in the car.

Fiennes does overact, I've noticed it since Ep. 1, but as i've said before, it isn't enough to bother me much.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:48 pm

I feel like the story is a great, interesting idea...and they are ruining it with bad writing. Too many people don't act the way that rationaly people act in any circumstance. The Joseph Fiennes/wife arguing storyline is boring, but beyond that it is stupid. I don't see rational people (smart enough to be a doctor and an FBI agent) acting so stupidly toward each other all the damn time.

The blue hand thing is interesting and has potential. So does the dead bird thing. I'll even buy the coincidence that Olivia just happens to eventually shack up with one of the guys responsible.

But, they try to cram in drama at every turn where none is called for:
1. Why did the lead LA FBI guy (Wedeck) seemingly stand in Hawk's hospital room for about 2 days straight? At the end they just show him standing there watching her sleep for no apparent reason.

2. Why does Cho's character (Agent Noh) have to work so damn hard to get his partner to take a freakin' frive to Baltimore street?

3. A few episodes ago why was Hawk so angry when she was at the computer and Mark was trying to put together his dead bird theory? She seemed so pissed off about the idea.

4. Why, in the epiode where they went to DC, was the senator woman berating Mark about his vision? And why was it a big deal? Why was that sinister music playing during the questioning to make something seem so dramatic?

5. Have you ever seen so many people fly off the handle at nothing and constantly overreact in situations?

It just seems like the drama and tensiona are so contrived all of the time as to be utterly ridiculous.

I know this post comes off as if I don't like the show. I do , and I'm going to stick with it because the idea is a good one, and I'm interested. It just bothers me the way these characters act and are written.

I am just constantly asking myself if I, or anyone else (much less FBI agent and Doctors) would act the way these people do in a lot of their situations, and my answer usually is no.

Let the story create the drama. If the story is interesting and the action and reaction of the characters seems genuine, the drama and tension will take care of itself.

It doesn't have to be manufactured through music, unrealistic conflict and dialog, and unlikely behavior by the characters.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:44 pm

all great points, Motherscratcher. A few of those same things have bothered me. That said, I'm still enjoying the show and can't wait for next Thursday. :pop:
idoctribefan

Unread postby Doc » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:53 pm

Probably will be my go-to show until 24 gets back on. Between FF and The Office, it's the best hour and a half on network tv right now.

On that note, since there wasn't an Office thread this week, the show was awesome again last night. The opening might be the funniest I've seen. Some good stuff between Michael and Jim, Pam and Andy, and Darrell has some great lines in the open. Worth a look.

Sorry, carry on with FF.
Doc

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:20 pm

I didn't think it was that funny. Nor the intro.

Maybe I just need to see it again.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:43 pm

For the most part I agree with pretty much everyone. The idea is fantastic, the writing...well I'll just say the writing is not up to snuff with the idea.

The Mark/Olivia thing drives me friggin nuts. They also seem to shoehorn the other AA guy into scenes.

And yeah, the black guy and the lesbo chick are gonna get together one of these episodes. I'm guessing it's his baby.
StewieG

Unread postby pup » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:50 am

So you knew at some point, someone was going to try to alter the future.

But daaaaamn. Swan diving off FBI HQ with everyone standing around? Fantastic.

How do you think the dude that went running over to him after he pancaked himself got that role? Think he got his name on the credits?

Joe Swizzledick - Guy running over to check if pancake needed flipped

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:31 am

Finally got around to watching the latest episode... and I thought it was pretty darn good.

So, yes... you can alter the future.

Earlier in the episode, when they showed Jett Jackson saying on the phone in his flashforward, "I killed them." I thought he said, "I killed him." and so I thought it was him who was going to shoot and kill Noh. Totally wrong.

And the electrician dude... real or hallucination? Hmmmm.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:45 am

I was getting ready to drop this show until this week's episode.

Awesome ending.
justmebd

Next

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture