Text Size

The Rumble Room

Mayweather Returning To Fight Juan Manuel

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Re: Mayweather Returning To Fight Juan Manuel

Unread postby Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:11 pm

From that fat fuck's article:
The whole weight thing was fishy from the outset, and then the weight was suddenly changed from 144 to 147 at the last minute to accommodate Mayweather. Golden Boy, Marquez's promoter, did its fighter a disservice by not protecting him in any way all in the name of not upsetting Mayweather, the prima donna. Better not upset the star because he stands to make Golden Boy a lot more money than Marquez on future fights. Even though Golden Boy doesn't have an official promotional contract with Mayweather, it does have a relationship with him going forward.

Unread postby Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:16 pm

I'm not even a huge Mayweather fan Rich, I do respect everything he has done IN THE RING.
His speed and defense is second to none.

Andre Ward doesn't take tough fights? He's my favorite current fighter. What about Paul Williams? Cotto is right up there on my list too.
More of you talking out your ass, which I've been used to for 20 years now.

Unread postby Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:35 pm

I had to go back and read these posts and look at the times/dates on them.
You posted Friday after the weigh in, not bitching about "Money" there, you even said he is one of the greatest fighters you have seen. You knew his style/past then. No midget or pussy references.
After the fight, you took what the HBO guys said and put your own spin on it. Nice work.

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Swerb wrote:Just a massive, huge difference of opinion between us. Night and day. We'll never agree.

I love that about this forum, to be honest. I like catching two sides of the story, it keeps things fresh.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:17 pm

We aim to please.
I'm just pumped The Rumble Room is getting some love.
Boxing has some nice fights coming up in the next few months.
MMA is slacking a little with the next few pay per views in my opinion. Boxing might be able to gain some viewers here soon.
The Super 6 tourney is going to be sweet and will have people talking(and me and Dick arguing)
He's a Kessler fan now i'm sure.

Unread postby XUDawg » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:03 pm

MMA is slacking?

You're not excited about Machida v. Rua? Rua is back. I love Machida as a fighter, but I have been a Rua pimp since 2005. Probably the two most exciting light heavyweights in the game, going at it. Two different styles. A lot of question marks. I think it's compelling. But perhaps I'm blinded by fanaticism.
XUDawg

Favorite Player: Nick Diaz
Least Favorite Player: Ben Roethlisberger

Unread postby Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:32 pm

Rua is back? We'll see. Victories over Coleman and Chuck aren't what they would have been 3 or 4 years ago. I'm not very impressed. He's had a very solid career and I like his style, I just don't think he deserves a title shot(yet)
I'm not a Machida fan at all.
Other than that fight, that card at 104 is below average. UFC 103 was a letdown for me. Fight Night was probably the best show I have seen besides 100 this year however.

Previous

Return to The Rumble Room