Text Size

The Rumble Room

UFC Fight Night 19

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

UFC Fight Night 19

Unread postby XUDawg » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Tonight on Spike, there is a free live fight card. Those nascent fans who saw UFC 100, this show will be action packed. No title bouts, but the two headline fights are both lightweight matchups featuring high energy, fun fighters.

Nate Diaz v. Melvin Guillard: Diaz is the little bro of my favorite fighter on the planet, Nick. Nate is a BJJ expert under Carlos Gracie (I think he might be a black belt now, not sure). He loves to talk shit during a fight. And that is right up Melvin's alley. Guillard is built like a 5'8" Incredible Hulk. Homeboy loves to throw huge bombs. He'll try to keep the fight standing. Diaz will try to get it to the ground. This is either going to end in a submission or TKO or KO. Either way, it is going to be explosive.

Roger Huerta v. Gray Maynard. I think FightDr likes Maynard, if I'm not mistaken. He is a top 6 or 7 lightweight in the world right now. Huerta could have been, if he had his head on straight, and didn't get the acting and modeling bug. Gay. Anyhow, should be a relly good fight, and probably bloody.

The rest of the card will be great too. This is not like boxing where you fall asleep during the undercard. All of the fighters you will see are extremely talented, and top notch in MMA. The UFC only has about 5-10% of the pro MMA fighters out there. The cream of the crop. So even if they're not at a title level, they are still really exciting to watch.

Tune in!

P.S. Do not miss Carlos Condit. That guy is one intense fighting freak. Great combination of aggression and precision in his striking.
XUDawg

Favorite Player: Nick Diaz
Least Favorite Player: Ben Roethlisberger

Return to The Rumble Room