Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Cease » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Romey just announced that Cleveland's own Tony Rizzo will be hosting Rome's nationally syndicated sports talk show on Monday 9/14.

Huge spot for Rizzo. More Cleveland love from Rome. Let's hope Rizzo does or does not flame.
User avatar
Cease
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 am
Location: The View
Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Trip S response hoping that Aaron Goldhammer isn't involved commence to fire in 5...4...3...2...
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:44 pm

Its definetly a interesting time to have him host the show. It could get ugly if Ohio State loses big... Hammer could make alot of friends nationally. I think it will be a very interesting show.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:50 pm

They finally found someone worse than the Skylar Brothers.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby TIMMAH » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:53 pm

No offense but who's :dingle: did Rizzo have to :hic: to get this job?
Image

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
User avatar
TIMMAH
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:55 pm
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Lubber » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:36 pm

This is great for Rizzo and the city of Cleveland. Instead of bashing him, we should be proud that he is one of only 3 local affiliates to ever fill in for Romey. With the big Ohio sports weekend, Monday show will have some great energy no matter what the outcome of the games will be.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm wondering if this is Karmazin's first move to syndicate Rizzo throughout the Good Karma empire? I also wonder what kind of quid pro quos were discussed when Rome was here. Still, it's great for Cleveland, and I hope Rizzo, Hammer, and Sabo nail it.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3875
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Cease » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:57 pm

I'm very much behind Rizzo, it's a big day for a good guy. Cleveland through and through, I hope he has fun and makes the most of it.

I'm wondering how my boys The Road Man and Brinda are taking this news. Gotta feel like DA and Ratliffe right about now. The new guy walks into the studio and gets this call up within 2 years? Daaaang.
User avatar
Cease
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 am
Location: The View
Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby jb » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:58 pm

Lubber wrote:This is great for Rizzo and the city of Cleveland. Instead of bashing him, we should be proud that he is one of only 3 local affiliates to ever fill in for Romey. With the big Ohio sports weekend, Monday show will have some great energy no matter what the outcome of the games will be.


Beat me to it, Lubber.

:thumb up:

Good egg getting a break.

It will be interesting to hear him take a jungle anti-C-town / Ohio beating, and see how Hamer handles it. Could be an interesting schtick if Tony plays it right.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Hammer might be pretty funny if tOSU does wind up losing...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:47 pm

God please please help OSU win on Saturday, not for me, but to piss Hammer off something royal.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13359
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:07 pm

What's a Rizzo?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:55 pm

Image
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6536
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:40 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:Image


A giant rat hosts Cleveland radio?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:07 pm

Rizzo killed on the SEC show segment this morning.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player.php ... 76&f=33513
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3875
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:22 pm

jfiling wrote:Rizzo killed on the SEC show segment this morning.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player.php ... 76&f=33513



Ok, that was pretty funny. The one guy sounds like Boomhauer from King Of The Hill.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby jb » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:36 am

Orenthal wrote:Hammer might be pretty funny if tOSU does wind up losing...


If ?
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:34 pm

JB wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Hammer might be pretty funny if tOSU does wind up losing...


If ?


I give them the slightest of chances, but a chance nonetheless... Of winning that is!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Cease » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:18 am

Brinda noted today that it might not happen Monday, but some other future date.
User avatar
Cease
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 am
Location: The View
Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:19 am

Cease wrote:Brinda noted today that it might not happen Monday, but some other future date.


That'd be good, because Hammer is going to be a high quality a-hole on monday
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Spin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm not listening to a bunch of USC fans light up Rizzo after "another Buckeye choke job".

Especially with KNR's hired antagonist in the background.

Think I'll just listen to nothing.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Guest » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:33 pm

Been postponed til 9/25. Rome was originally scheduled to be traveling tomorrow, but plans have changed.
Guest
 

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Spin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Tonight I tried to listen for a sec and Reggi and Munch talked about nothing but the Buckeyes. Three days after the game.

Not everyone lives and dies with the Buckeyes in northeastern Ohio. Just because you HAVE the games (and nothing else) doesn't mean that's all you can talk about.

And I know there are a lot of Buckeyes fans in Cleveland, but it's not the only sport going on right now.

A quick shot up the dial, and I heard talk about the NFL, a little baseball penant chase, life was good.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:11 am

Spin wrote:Tonight I tried to listen for a sec and Reggi and Munch talked about nothing but the Buckeyes. Three days after the game.

Not everyone lives and dies with the Buckeyes in northeastern Ohio. Just because you HAVE the games (and nothing else) doesn't mean that's all you can talk about.

And I know there are a lot of Buckeyes fans in Cleveland, but it's not the only sport going on right now.

A quick shot up the dial, and I heard talk about the NFL, a little baseball penant chase, life was good.

All true to a point, but remember outside of some certain HS teams (which does not have enough support to warrant afternoon HS talk show coverage) the Buckeyes are the closest thing to real football people in NEO have got to see in 10 years.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13359
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Guest » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:59 pm

That's like mutliplying zeroes.
Guest
 

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Spin » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:51 pm

point well taken
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby jfiling » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 am

Today's the big day. Here's hoping Cleveland comes off looking good.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3875
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:01 pm

Dont embarass the city Rizz!
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Spin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:08 pm

Just need some duct tape for Aaron's mouth and we'll be fine.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:15 pm

Listening to this show from a national perspective is awful. I cant imagine what other people are thinking. The Rizz show is fairly entertaining once you get to know them, but I dont see alot of love for them today
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:28 pm

Rizzo just said Tebow was the best player in the college football for the last 4 to 5 years. whoops.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:11 pm

Ziner wrote:Listening to this show from a national perspective is awful. I cant imagine what other people are thinking. The Rizz show is fairly entertaining once you get to know them, but I dont see alot of love for them today


Listening from any perspective is awful.

Might want to put 10 minutes into your work Rizz.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Doc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Not good. Listened for the last hour, and they just aren't good. I could only imagine how bad they sound to someone unfamiliar with the local show. I don't mind Rizzo too much, but that Goldhammer sucks. Just wasn't entertaining in the least. But, I think we all knew that going in.
Doc
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:42 pm
Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby jfiling » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:00 pm

After listening I needed to let the whole show settle in my brain before commenting. I think as a national talk show, The Really Big Show works well as a Cleveland-only show. If Karmazin does syndicate Tony through his network, he has to "promote" Goldhammer so he's no longer an on-air personality. Josh Sabo should probably get off-mike as well.

I'd love to see Rizzo teamed up with Chuck Booms. I think that would even work in regional or possibly even national syndication.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3875
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Cease » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:07 pm

jfiling wrote:After listening I needed to let the whole show settle in my brain before commenting. I think as a national talk show, The Really Big Show works well as a Cleveland-only show. If Karmazin does syndicate Tony through his network, he has to "promote" Goldhammer so he's no longer an on-air personality. Josh Sabo should probably get off-mike as well.

I'd love to see Rizzo teamed up with Chuck Booms. I think that would even work in regional or possibly even national syndication.


I hadn't thought of this as a Rizzo audition for syndication, but that's an interesting idea. Not one that I think would work, but, interesting none the less. Rizzo isn't together enough to carry a show on his own for three hours. Hammer and Sabo are enablers, ensuring that the show is nothing more than a local product.

Rizzo and Booms would be interesting. Where did the BSK go? The problem is that if you put Rizzo on mic with a real sports junkie, he's out of his league. Even the Rhode man knows drafts sheets, depth charts and stats. It's would be a clashing of styles that would not work, IMO.

Overall, they were so-so. If I was in another market, or if these were three guys from a Houston station, I maybe would have listened to something else.
User avatar
Cease
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 am
Location: The View
Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby Doc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Kendall Lewis was my fave around here. I remember my last time enjoying local sports talk radio...BSK called every NFL city and talked to radio hosts for the NFL draft. It was a mock draft where each DJ made the team's pick. Thought that was really cool. Miss him since he got let go...I know he did ESPN for a while, but haven't heard of him recently.
Doc
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:42 pm
Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby CTownYaga » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:07 pm

Doc wrote:Kendall Lewis was my fave around here. I remember my last time enjoying local sports talk radio...BSK called every NFL city and talked to radio hosts for the NFL draft. It was a mock draft where each DJ made the team's pick. Thought that was really cool. Miss him since he got let go...I know he did ESPN for a while, but haven't heard of him recently.


Is he the dude who guest hosted All Bets Are Off and was arguing for the Browns drafting Beanie Wells (best RB in the draft) and Laurinitis (best LB in the draft)?
User avatar
CTownYaga
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:33 pm
Favorite Player: Brandon Jennings
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:03 pm

CTownYaga wrote:
Doc wrote:Kendall Lewis was my fave around here. I remember my last time enjoying local sports talk radio...BSK called every NFL city and talked to radio hosts for the NFL draft. It was a mock draft where each DJ made the team's pick. Thought that was really cool. Miss him since he got let go...I know he did ESPN for a while, but haven't heard of him recently.


Is he the dude who guest hosted All Bets Are Off and was arguing for the Browns drafting Beanie Wells (best RB in the draft) and Laurinitis (best LB in the draft)?


Yes he is. Boy, that really hurts the ol' credibility don't it?
User avatar
metalhead9x9
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:51 pm
Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:13 am

Show might be interesting now that USC looks pretty crappy and OSU has a legit D.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13359
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Rizzo to host Rome on Monday 9/14

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:11 am

metalhead9x9 wrote:
CTownYaga wrote:
Doc wrote:Kendall Lewis was my fave around here. I remember my last time enjoying local sports talk radio...BSK called every NFL city and talked to radio hosts for the NFL draft. It was a mock draft where each DJ made the team's pick. Thought that was really cool. Miss him since he got let go...I know he did ESPN for a while, but haven't heard of him recently.


Is he the dude who guest hosted All Bets Are Off and was arguing for the Browns drafting Beanie Wells (best RB in the draft) and Laurinitis (best LB in the draft)?


Yes he is. Boy, that really hurts the ol' credibility don't it?


His credibility took a hit when he would spend half the show talking about his video game play and umplying the Browns were idiots for not drafting Kelly Washington.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am


Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest