Text Size

High School Sports

The Ville gettin some statewide love tomorrow...

Talk Ohio high school sports in here, with an emphasis on the Northeast Ohio schools.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yargs7

The Ville gettin some statewide love tomorrow...

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Louisville that is...

Louisville vs. North Canton @ Louisville Stadium
7 pm and on FSN

850 WKNR will be there too.

Of course, the marquee name is Eric Howard, returning all-Ohio player. (not academically...)

Watch out for Bobby Swigart for Louisville though, major D-1 offers on his end too.

Overall, should be a terrific game and maybe 2 of the best in Stark county this year. Hoover probably isn't a major player for a state title this year, simply because they are in D-1 but Louisville should be in the running come playoff time.

Drop me a line if any posters are heading into town. I'll be at a buddies kickin a few back after work and then walking over. For those that have never been to Louisville, you really can't beat the walk to the stadium which is smack dab in the middle of the suburbs around the town. Neat environment. Traffic sucks though.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: The Ville gettin some statewide love tomorrow...

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:36 pm

When you guys going to play Uniontown Lake again?

That should be the Main Rivalry between both Schools, The hate I experienced in the three games I played was unmatched. :pop:

Also, is it true you guys are moving out of the "Cracker Box" like stadium? I recall the locker rooms were pretty bad when I played, no offense meant.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:33 pm

None taken... the locker rooms are that way for a reason. Nostaglia.

Next year there will be a new stadium that should be a little better for the visitors. Going to be a sight to behold if it lives up to the mock-ups I have seen.

Interestingly enough, most years lately everytime Louisville has had a far superior team Lake hasn't been on the schedule. We owed them for the years in the early 90's with Christopher and company.

Still last time we played they nipped em on the way to the state finals.

This year I think Louisville has all the makings, especially after the trouncing they put on Hoover tonight. Swigert 5 TD's and someone that really made a name for himself statewide for those that caught the game. What was also witnessed is that while Howard is an outstanding player (I think better LB than RB at the next level, personally), Louisville's defense and front 8 is about as strong as their is, sans the upper echelon D-1 schools.

Just a beating by Farrah and company laid on Hoover tonight...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:21 pm

noles1 wrote:None taken... the locker rooms are that way for a reason. Nostaglia.

Next year there will be a new stadium that should be a little better for the visitors. Going to be a sight to behold if it lives up to the mock-ups I have seen.

Interestingly enough, most years lately everytime Louisville has had a far superior team Lake hasn't been on the schedule. We owed them for the years in the early 90's with Christopher and company.

This year I think Louisville has all the makings, especially after the trouncing they put on Hoover tonight. Swigert 5 TD's and someone that really made a name for himself statewide for those that caught the game. What was also witnessed is that while Howard is an outstanding player (I think better LB than RB at the next level, personally), Louisville's defense and front 8 is about as strong as their is, sans the upper echelon D-1 schools.

That one was really, really painful as that was my last HS game as a player ever. :(. Still we did beat you guys the previous two times. :).

Christopher was a beast, from all I've heard he may have a had shot to start on the Katz-LB corp in the mid 90's, but kept getting hurt, so he wasn't able to finish.

"The Backyard Brawl" needs to be made a permanent rivalry though IMO, I'd go as far as to make some freak of nature mega-fed. league with Green, Massilon and Louisville all joining. :).
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby JuanBond68 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:32 pm

BOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

Man smashing those pumkin heads never gets old!!! When is Donny going to figure that thier "power" scheme doesn't work against Louisville's 5-3...

Same old shit every year... Iso, fullback in the flats, or roll out with the tight end dragging
JuanBond68

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:08 am

Triple-S wrote:
noles1 wrote:None taken... the locker rooms are that way for a reason. Nostaglia.

That one was really, really painful as that was my last HS game as a player ever. :(. Still we did beat you guys the previous two times. :).

Christopher was a beast, from all I've heard he may have a had shot to start on the Katz-LB corp in the mid 90's, but kept getting hurt, so he wasn't able to finish.

"The Backyard Brawl" needs to be made a permanent rivalry though IMO, I'd go as far as to make some freak of nature mega-fed. league with Green, Massilon and Louisville all joining. :).

Being in the same region for the playoffs makes it extremely difficult for both teams. Not to mention that Lake being in the Fed and being the type of school they are, I just don't think they should be playing Louisville consistently. Now if another league can be developed... which I think could be nice down the road that fits the Ville, Green, Lake, Northwest (pass the levy), South, etc. Then you are talking about a conference game every year.
noles1

Unread postby JuanBond68 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:49 am

I agree, I would also throw in Dover, New Philly, and maybe Alliance. However great this might sound I highly doubt this league would ever come to fruition...

Noles, I told you 2 looked good and was poised for a big year
JuanBond68

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:16 pm

JuanBond68 wrote:I agree, I would also throw in Dover, New Philly, and maybe Alliance. However great this might sound I highly doubt this league would ever come to fruition...

Noles, I told you 2 looked good and was poised for a big year

Sheeeetttt, you didn't have to sell me... He's big-time, no question. He throws and plays like that they are playing into late Nov. and maybe early Dec.

League would never happen, by the way.

Now we just have to get you on the bandwagon for #10... hater...
noles1

Unread postby JuanBond68 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:05 pm

I'm not hating, I am just very skeptical on #10 period...point...blank...
JuanBond68

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 pm

JuanBond68 wrote:I'm not hating, I am just very skeptical on #10 period...point...blank...

I'm skeptical of you and your weekend exploits then...
noles1

Return to High School Sports