Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Oasis: Brother wars hits a new high

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Oasis: Brother wars hits a new high

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:51 am

You know I really want to like this band but the Gallagher brothers constant feuding makes it difficult to give a rat's ass.

I'm sure whoever created Twitter envisioned this..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/6054901/Oasis-stars-Noel-and-Liam-Gallagher-no-longer-speak-except-on-Twitter.html

Just days before Oasis headline the V Festival, the band's frontman said the pair last spoke during a row at an airport which left Noel in tears.

He said they opt to travel separately on tour and only see each other onstage and only contact each other on the micro-blogging site Twitter.

Why there will never be another Britpop"He doesn't like me and I don't like him, that's it," Liam told NME.

"He hasn't told me what he thinks of anything this year. we've got nothing to say to each other at the moment."

Instead the Gallaghers have been exchanging insults via Twitter and blogs. This week Liam called his brother the "fool on the bill" after the guitarist was pictured on a night out, and accused him of looking like "he had got through to the next round of X Factor".

Noel recently complained that "What'siz'name" was "probably on his man period" during a gig at Camden's Roundhouse last month.

Liam said today that the pair now simply trade insults on the internet rather than face-to-face "to save the------- tour imploding".

He said Noel wouldn't have the nerve to criticise him in person "because he's a ------- lightweight and he knows where he'd end up".

Liam continued: "We don't travel together, do we ... so I never really see him, the only time I see him is onstage and we're a little bit busy that time to be ------- scratching each other."

The brothers have been feuding for years but hostilities appear to have stepped up in recent years. In a recent interview Noel confessed that his two-year-old son Donovan has never even met his uncle.

Liam said the last conversation ended in a row. "I think it might have been about some ------- ---- support band he wanted to play with us and he didn't ask my permission. So we had a ------- ding-dong in the airport and I think he started crying then – that was it – doesn't travel with me anymore."

During the interview with NME, Liam referred to his brother as 'Parker' because of the songwriter's similarity to the chauffeur from 60s puppet TV series Thunderbirds.

And he said he was unsure about the future of the band after Noel had claimed that he would like a five-year hiatus.

"For the first time in my life I haven't got a ------- clue what's going on with Oasis, you know what I mean? It's pretty confusing but I'm not going to freak out about it."

Liam recently branched out into the fashion business, launching his own clothing label Pretty Green.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Oasis: Brother wars hits a new high

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:43 pm

LOL. I'm not that big a fan of Oasis. I like a few songs. But I do admire their ability to stick together even if the two brothers (two owners of the band, in my eyes) despise each other.

This really gives credit to the saying, "Music brings people together."
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture