Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Rome in Cleveland

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Rome in Cleveland

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Even if you dont like him tomorrow's show is a cant miss. Mike Brown, Bernie, Possibly Jim Brown, Sizemore, Byner. I'm looking forward to it.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Rome in Cleveland

Unread postby Guest » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:51 pm

Broadcasting from where?

Unread postby Cease » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:53 pm

GodHatesClevelandSports wrote:Broadcasting from where?

KNR studios. Someone give me a synopsis of "why he's doing it" when he gets to it in today's show.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Ziner wrote:Even if you dont like him tomorrow's show is a cant miss. Mike Brown, Bernie, Possibly Jim Brown, Sizemore, Byner. I'm looking forward to it.

Byner's coming back to town?

Wow. Seriously, War anyone who can find me a podcast of that stuff without having to pay X amount to get a pass, 'cuz I'm in class during all of that :(.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Cease wrote:

KNR studios. Someone give me a synopsis of "why he's doing it" when he gets to it in today's show.

He is goign to the KNR dinner with a legend, so he is doing the show from KNR's studios, making it an all Cleveland show

SSS, Not sure Byner is coming in to the studio, I think just Bernie and MB
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Cease » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Ziner wrote:
Cease wrote:

He is goign to the KNR dinner with a legend, so he is doing the show from KNR's studios, making it an all Cleveland show

Thanks- looking for a deeper reason- ie Charity, to admittedly fill his pockets, as a favor to KNR, to promote some other agenda? I wonder how much he's getting paid for the appearance...
Cease

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:21 pm

Cease wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Cease wrote:

Thanks- looking for a deeper reason- ie Charity, to admittedly fill his pockets, as a favor to KNR, to promote some other agenda? I wonder how much he's getting paid for the appearance...

Said KNR asked him, no idea if he is getting paid. I would think at worst accomodations are paid for. He said he is loyal to Cleveland for being one of his first markets and longest running relationships with KNR
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Ziner wrote:Said KNR asked him, no idea if he is getting paid. I would think at worst accomodations are paid for. He said he is loyal to Cleveland for being one of his first markets and longest running relationships with KNR

Yeah he's always seem sort of positive towards Cleveland. Even during the playoffs when the Lakers were on their run, he was giving the Cavs props. He also has a lot of people from the Tribe Org. on and loves having people from the Cavs on his show.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Guest » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Great start with Mike Brown in studio. Earnest Byner due up next on the phone. Bernie in studio at 1 p.m. Sizemore on the phone after that. Then Jim Brown in studio.

Unread postby Cease » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:53 pm

It's like an on-air loveletter to Cleveland. Rome is doing more for the image of this city today than many in leadership have over the past 10 years. It's actually got me feeling some Cleveland pride as a sports town.
Cease

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:08 pm

GodHatesClevelandSports wrote:Great start with Mike Brown in studio. Earnest Byner due up next on the phone. Bernie in studio at 1 p.m. Sizemore on the phone after that. Then Jim Brown in studio.

Not able to listen at work so a couple questions...

Anything interesting out of Roker's mouth? Did Rome ask about coaching decisions made during the ECF and if there was anything different he would have done? O was it alot of talk about the Summer of '10?

Please tell me with Byner he didn't spend a majority talking about the AFC Championship game, you know the game that rhymes with mumble. I'm sure if he did Byner took it in stride as he always has.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Guest » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
GodHatesClevelandSports wrote:Great start with Mike Brown in studio. Earnest Byner due up next on the phone. Bernie in studio at 1 p.m. Sizemore on the phone after that. Then Jim Brown in studio.

Not able to listen at work so a couple questions...

Anything interesting out of Roker's mouth? Did Rome ask about coaching decisions made during the ECF and if there was anything different he would have done? O was it alot of talk about the Summer of '10?

Please tell me with Byner he didn't spend a majority talking about the AFC Championship game, you know the game that rhymes with mumble. I'm sure if he did Byner took it in stride as he always has.

Brown said he's never talked to LeBron about his contract and if he wants to stay. Also said he hasn't seen Delonte's KFC rap. Some guy from San Antonio called and asked if he would ever come back to replace Popovich. Brown said you never know what the future holds ... which is probably why he never talked to LeBron about his contract.

Can't hear what Byner is saying because two ninnies here won't STFU.

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:23 pm

Cease wrote:It's like an on-air loveletter to Cleveland. Rome is doing more for the image of this city today than many in leadership have over the past 10 years. It's actually got me feeling some Cleveland pride as a sports town.

Romie loves C-town. Wish i were there for the aftermath. I cloned out at Blossom and Wolstein years ago.

keep Jay Mohn away from the show.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby TIMMAH » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:22 pm

awesome stuff! I heard a little of the bernie interview and the grady interview. Wish I could hear more. Somebody let me know if he reads my email lol. "Train, planes, or automobiles... you better have my karma." - Cleveland.

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:29 pm

JB wrote:
Cease wrote:It's like an on-air loveletter to Cleveland. Rome is doing more for the image of this city today than many in leadership have over the past 10 years. It's actually got me feeling some Cleveland pride as a sports town.

Romie loves C-town. Wish i were there for the aftermath. I cloned out at Blossom and Wolstein years ago.

Can't believe I missed all but ten minutes of the show.

Rome seemed like he loved it all, felt awesome to hear my area get major props.

How was the rest of the show and the Byner interview?

Triple-S

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Triple-S wrote:
JB wrote:

replaying on line NOW in entirety in place of reghi.

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?station=cleveland
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:42 pm

JB wrote:
Triple-S wrote:
JB wrote:

When's the Byner interview?. I'm moreso curious how the guy acted around the rhymes with "rumble". The last I saw him interviewed on "Top 5 reasons you can't blame" he started to tear up pretty badly on it. I feel really bad for the guy, here he carried the Browns on their back in that game, had an amazing preformance minus what happned, won a super bowl with the 'skins and he's still haunted by that.

Triple-S

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Triple-S wrote:
JB wrote:
Triple-S wrote:
JB wrote:

When's the Byner interview?. I'm moreso curious how the guy acted around the rhymes with "rumble". The last I saw him interviewed on "Top 5 reasons you can't blame" he started to tear up pretty badly on it. I feel really bad for the guy, here he carried the Browns on their back in that game, had an amazing preformance minus what happned, won a super bowl with the 'skins and he's still haunted by that.

They may just be running segments. Boooo.
jb

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:43 am

Triple-S wrote:When's the Byner interview?. I'm moreso curious how the guy acted around the rhymes with "rumble". The last I saw him interviewed on "Top 5 reasons you can't blame" he started to tear up pretty badly on it. I feel really bad for the guy, here he carried the Browns on their back in that game, had an amazing preformance minus what happned, won a super bowl with the 'skins and he's still haunted by that.

Byner has not been haunted by the Fumble. Browns PR director told the media after the game that Byner would answer questions in the media room, then took Byner's bag to the trainers room so he could dress in private. Byner took the bag BACK to the locker room and dressed out in plain site in front of everyone, media included. He acted like a man. Granted, from what has been told, he finally did breakdown on the plane home having felt he let his teammates and the fans down. He also admitted that it took some time to get over it privately yet he NEVER made excuses publicly and his performance on the field wasn't affected. If it haunted him, there's no way he would've come back and played for the Browns in '94-'95. He could've been Bill Buckner and retreated to Idaho to escape the media backlash..

It's not like you walk up to him now, scream "The Fumble" and watch him melt right in front of you. In fact Byner uses that experience when coaching.
Today, Byner uses his fumble as a powerful coaching tool to teach others how to overcome adversity.

"To be honest, it helped me be a better man and a better person," Byner said. "Going through something like that really gives you perspective that life is not over when you have something tragic happen or something that definitely challenges you."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/columns/story?columnist=walker_james&id=3350200
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture