Text Size

The Rumble Room

Malignaggi robbery

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Malignaggi robbery

Unread postby Rusty » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:33 am

I never liked that Guido douche bag, but he earned some respect from me on Saturday night.

He fought a very smart fight and earned a draw at the very least, probably should have won the fight by a round or two, but he got totally screwed. He was set up to fail and made Diaz look one dimensional in the process. His post-fight tirade was classic!

The judge that scored it 118-110 needs to be fired immediately. This kind of BS is killing the sport.
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Re: Malignaggi robbery

Unread postby swerb » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:36 am

My card was right in line with Lederman's. I had Paulie winning the fight. You got this decison ... right on the heels of that bull shit with Nate Campbell, I hope both these cats continue to scream holy hell about the screw jobs they just got put on em. Cause it is two important problems that need fixed with the sport that were exposed: the need to use replay in some cases, and hometown judges handing decisions to hometown fighters.

The guy that scored it 118-110 should never judge another fight. EVER.

Paulie said it best when he said "Juan is over there calling out the winner of Marquez/Mayweather, and now I'm stuck just being an opponent for someone again in my next fight, in their hometown, with their judges."

Big difference in career path hinged on that decision. Malignaggi just lost a truckoad of cash by getting screwed.

Of course, both fighters have to sign off on all the details of the fight before it is made official. In Paulie's defense, he doesn't sign off on that tiny ring and three Houston judges, they move on to the next opponent.

What's lost in this is the fact that the Baby Bull disappointed again. Love the kid. How can you not? But man ... before the Campbell loss, I thought he was going to be the Next Big Thing at 135-140. Campbell beat him, he started quick then was exposed by Marquez in that loss, and then ... another shoulda been loss last night to the light hitting Malignaggi.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:45 am

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Rusty » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:44 am

Iole summed it up perfectly, very well written column.

Thanks for the link.
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Return to The Rumble Room