Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Poll: Chick Fliq Survey - Time traveller's wife

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

JB should go see The time Traveller'sWife

1. Oh, hell yeah, you'll get what you want in the end. Order the large popcorn and sneak in an ipod.
59%
2. I dunno, dude, it may not be worth it. But it might be worth the investment. Hold yer nose and do it.
18%
3. It's gonna suck. Try dinner instead. Visit her Mom, too. But don't go see this shit.
18%
4. Fuck it. Watch a season of the Bachelor instead of MNF for all fall, take cold showers, but do not give in or your Man card is pulled.
6%

Total votes : 17

Poll: Chick Fliq Survey - Time traveller's wife

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:09 pm

I need some help from y'all.

I'm getting sweated to take Angela to see "The Time Travellers' Wife". First off. it looks gay as hell. Second off, it looks "Notebook" shittty, an even have Rachel McPsuusy Whipped in it.

There's NFW I want to go, and yet, I'm thinking about football season coming up and all those college triple headers in peace.

Is it worth it? Or will my manhood just shrivel up and die?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Poll: Chick Fliq Survey - Time traveller's wife

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:25 pm

Gay as hell? Come on. It sounds phenomenal:

This is the remarkable story of Henry DeTamble, a dashing, adventuresome librarian who travels involuntarily through time, and Clare Abshire, an artist whose life takes a natural sequential course. Henry and Clare's passionate love affair endures across a sea of time and captures the two lovers in an impossibly romantic trap.

The story told is a test of love, and patience. It shows that love knows no boundaries and transcends time and death.

The lead is "dashing and adventuresome". Just the way you like 'em.

Sounds like the movie itself transcends death.

That said, the football season is a hell of a lot longer than 3 hours. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. You wear a bow tie and a bowler to the theater and you get a pass from me. Pics required.

It's rated "Five Ball-Bag Punches" though.

:pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb:

Enjoy.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:35 pm

I voted for option 1. The end justifies the means kinda thing.

I had to watch the Notebook about a billion times.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:17 pm

I figure you might learn some of that time traveller stuff and get to time-travel outta the next chick flick she drags you to.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby pup » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Didn't vote, but curious...is she making you wear a Rothlisberger jersey when you go?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Pup wrote:Didn't vote, but curious...is she making you wear a Rothlisberger jersey when you go?

:pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb:
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Guest » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Pup wrote:Didn't vote, but curious...is she making you wear a Rothlisberger jersey when you go?

Now that's just MEAN.

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:36 pm

Peeker643 wrote:Gay as hell? Come on. It sounds phenomenal:

This is the remarkable story of Henry DeTamble, a dashing, adventuresome librarian who travels involuntarily through time, and Clare Abshire, an artist whose life takes a natural sequential course. Henry and Clare's passionate love affair endures across a sea of time and captures the two lovers in an impossibly romantic trap.

The story told is a test of love, and patience. It shows that love knows no boundaries and transcends time and death.

The lead is "dashing and adventuresome". [quote]

That's a dashing and adventuresome LIBRARIAN.

Librarian?

Really?

Seriously?

I don't know if I can do this. Maybe after a serious Happy Hour?

I think that the Y=town Sports' Grill is across the street from the theater and Vintage Estates is a few yards up the road. Like alot of things, maybe if I'm hammered enough I'll do it.
jb

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:19 am

I may be a rookie in the marriage field, but I've learned a Pretty woman here and a Sex in the City movie there goes along way. I went with 1. She is in to this HGTV (any show) kick right now, driving me nuts. The shows arent that bad, but the constant barrage makes me want to :pb:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby jordan kramer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:33 am

dude, every once in a while you just gotta bite the bullet. this is one of those times
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:15 am

Line in the sand, dude. She wants you to waste the money, and the time, to see this. Tell her if she really loved you she wouldn't make you go see it. Never give in.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Guest » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 am

Any movie featuring a dashing, adventurous librarian is a must-see.

Unread postby Stu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:01 am

whats so wrong about going with her to see something she wants to?

my bride and i will not be seeing it in the theater, but we'll watch it at home as soon as its available. who cares its 2 hours?
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:10 am

Stu wrote:whats so wrong about going with her to see something she wants to?

my bride and i will not be seeing it in the theater, but we'll watch it at home as soon as its available. who cares its 2 hours?

Relax Stu. We all get it and we all do things with the wives because it's a two-way street. We all get it.

It's called ball busting dude.

We're all nearly as evolved as you. None of us suck the joy out of a cock-around exercise like you though. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 am

Peeker643 wrote:

Relax Stu. We all get it and we all do things with the wives because it's a two-way street. We all get it.

We're all nearly as evolved as you. None of us suck the joy out of a cock-around exercise like you though. ;-) ;) :wink:

Stu's just frontin.

He doesn't want anyone to know that mega sappy soul sucking chick flicks are his kyptonite....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:14 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

Stu's just frontin.

He doesn't want anyone to know that mega sappy soul sucking chick flicks are his kyptonite....

He's gonna have something to say to both of us after he gets back from his pedicure.

Just a joke Stu, in case you couldn't tell.

Again.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 am

JB, here's what I do.

First, just in general, even Erie Warrior knows ... there are times as a man where you must succumb. Financially, and with your free time. By being smart you can maximize the return of these sacrifices.

For me, I look ahead. Take September for example. I have a trip to OSU for the opener, an overnight golf outing, the OSU/Toledo day of drunken debauchery, a couple days where I have Indians tickets, and a couple of fantasy football drafts. Plus, just the first month of football season, which leads to a lot of couch time when I'm not at one of these events. Add in all the time I spend at home online because of the site, and the fact that our anniversary is Sept 13 and her birthday is Sept 27 ... and it's a dicey month for me. If I don't carefully maneuver around these land mines, I may blow a leg off.

For the last 6-7 weeks I have been telling my wife we cannot afford things she wants to do, that in reality, won't cause me to send the mortgage payment in late. Been preaching fiscal responsibility in these turbulent times. I've gone as far as to have her replace one of my three weekly six packs of Great Lakes beer with a six pack of Miller Lite. And spending a couple hours on a weekend cleaning so we can skip the $78 biweekly cleaning lady bill once a month.

My evil plan is to systematically approve these purchases she wants in waves. Starting in about 10 days here. I'm doomed to eventually make them at some point, why not use the timing to my advantage? Then, a day or two after approving them, I'll invite her mom over for dinner. And spring the events (a couple at a time) on her there, in front of her mom. I have found that my wife is much more friendly, much more amiable to things I want to do when her mom and family is over (the more family the better). I just kinda slip it into a conversation. It's almost fool proof, especially following doing something nice for her.

On the chick flick dilemma, this is what I do. And note ... we rarely go to the theater since we've had kids. This is more of a Netflix issue for me.

Like with the finances, I control the Netflix queue. The only thing scarier than my wife's spending prowess is her remarkably awful taste in movies. She likes SHITTY movies. She hated The Godfather and liked the Sex & The City movie. I almost left her on principle.

About once a month she'll come to me with a movie like this one that she wants to see. I'll surf the net and find the shittiest review out there for it. Then, find a film that may be semi-chick flicky ... but still one I wouldn't mind seeing, and find the best review possible online for it. Print em both out, bring em to her, and say ...

"Well, I was going to order (shitty chick flick), but wow, I didn't realize how bad the reviews were! Since we are overdue to order a movie you want, I took the liberty to look into some other chick flicks. Check this one out. The reviews on it are amazing. How about we get this one first, then order _______."

She eventually forgets about the first one, eventually watches it On Demand when it comes to HBO/Showtime one night while I watch baseball.

If that plan doesn't work, and you find yourself forced to watch a horrid chick flick ... drink three Commodore Perry IPA's in less than an hour before heading out to the theater. You'll find yourself laughing at parts not intended to be funny, but it helps lessen the pain.

One last thing. With all due respect, your girlfriend is pretty good looking and has you by a couple years. By no means am I calling you The Elephant Man with a Golden Buckeye card, but you just naturally lose a little hand in the relationship right off the bat. ;-) ;) :wink:
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 am

From Wiki:

The trailer for the film was released in early June 2009, and Jeremy Medina of Entertainment Weekly referred to it as The Notebook crossed with Benjamin Button.

And the money shot...

Jarett Wieselman of the New York Post wrote that the trailer "all but guarantees I'll be crying come Aug. 14."

The poster (awesome):

hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 am

HermanFontenot wrote:From Wiki:

The trailer for the film was released in early June 2009, and Jeremy Medina of Entertainment Weekly referred to it as The Notebook crossed with Benjamin Button.

And the money shot...

Jarett Wieselman of the New York Post wrote that the trailer "all but guarantees I'll be crying come Aug. 14."

The poster (awesome):

Jesus H JB ... you got a dilemma on your hands here.

Another option. Agree to go and even act happy about it. Go Ferris Bueller on her the night of. Maybe even eat 3-4 laxatives. You can come off looking like the good guy and if you are adept enough at faking sick, may even get to lay on your ass and watch sports and be waited on for a couple days.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:33 am

I take it you haven't seen the trailers yet Rich...

You need to before realizing the depths of this monster.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:36 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I take it you haven't seen the trailers yet Rich...

You need to before realizing the depths of this monster.

I had no idea. The Notebook and Benjamin Button?

That's like a beer slamming "Like a combination of Laser and Hamms Genuine Draft!" on the side of the can. Or a NBA scout saying a player has "the basketball IQ of Sasha Pavlovic, combined with the upside of Jiri Welsch".

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:41 am

Aaaaaand the trailer:

hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 am

HermanFontenot wrote:Aaaaaand the trailer:

Sweet Mother of Jesus.

Just leave her JB.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:47 am

Eric Bana rocking the Cosby sweater. Hey you know, at least this movie has the balls to come right out and declare, "I'm a chick flick!" Not like Jerry Maguire, which tricked guys into the cinema with football and sports agents and then revealed its black chick-flick heart.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:57 am

HermanFontenot wrote:Eric Bana rocking the Cosby sweater. Hey you know, at least this movie has the balls to come right out and declare, "I'm a chick flick!" Not like Jerry Maguire, which tricked guys into the cinema with football and sports agents and then revealed its black chick-flick heart.

Jerry Maguire was cigars and bourbon shooters at the Rathskeller followed by Friday night at the fights finished off with a visit to the strip club compared to this travesty that JB's getting dragged by the ear to see.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Peeker643 wrote:

a vRiation just might work. Actually go and then run out like imina hurl. Call her pretending to be laying on the stall floor with a ruptured appendix. Tell her you'll lAY there so she can njoy the movie and go to ytown sports grill for two hours.

This is tough. Celtic women in song was only one night, so icould dodge. This is a problem. I might be able to pregame her with 3artinis and she'll miss the start time.

But this looks like English patient boring plus notebook gay
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:Eric Bana rocking the Cosby sweater. Hey you know, at least this movie has the balls to come right out and declare, "I'm a chick flick!" Not like Jerry Maguire, which tricked guys into the cinema with football and sports agents and then revealed its black chick-flick heart.

Jerry Maguire was cigars and bourbon shooters at the Rathskeller followed by Friday night at the fights finished off with a visit to the strip club compared to this travesty that JB's getting dragged by the ear to see.

ear?
jb

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Swerb wrote:Another option. Agree to go and even act happy about it. Go Ferris Bueller on her the night of. Maybe even eat 3-4 laxatives. You can come off looking like the good guy and if you are adept enough at faking sick, may even get to lay on your ass and watch sports and be waited on for a couple days.

That could just backfire too. Say she decides to then stay in because she doesnt want to leave him sick and doesnt want to go alone to the theatre... if you are going to do this, I'd try to find one of her friends, invite her to come and then fall sick. Otherwise, if she postpones it you are stuck with the green apple splatters for 36 hours and still have to avoid going the next weekend.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:39 pm

JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

ear?

Yes. Ear.

If she wants to drag you by anything else she'll have to take that junk out of the jar she's keeping it in and temporarily reattach it for you. :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:21 pm

I say bite the bullet, worth it in the end. However, there is another aspect to this movie you are all missing. If done right, this could have been the best film ever. Let me explain based on what I have seen in trailer:

Guy meets girl, then leaves to another time & place

Guy dates girl, then leaves to a time in place

Guy marries girl, (probably bangs girl) then leaves to another time in place.

Girl has baby and is stuck with a whining, crying baby while the guy leaves to another time and place.

See a theme here? Its like the best possible scenario for the guy. Gets what he wants (from Rachel McAdams nonetheless), then leaves to a place where she can NEVER find and nag the life out of him. Sure, they probably kill the ending with some sappy love story but go to your happy place and imagine
the guy going back to live the awesome life of a bachelor playing the field..

This idea, in the hands of the right director, would be awesome..
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:25 pm

jack_tors wrote:I say bite the bullet, worth it in the end. However, there is another aspect to this movie you are all missing. If done right, this could have been the best film ever. Let me explain based on what I have seen in trailer:

Girl has baby and is stuck with a whining, crying baby while the guy leaves to another time and place.

See a theme here? Its like the best possible scenario for the guy. Gets what he wants (from Rachel McAdams nonetheless), then leaves to a place where she can NEVER find and nag the life out of him. Sure, they probably kill the ending with some sappy love story but go to your happy place and imagine

It's been done time and time again jack_tors. It's called 'The NBA'

And there was a sequel titled "The Travis Henry Story" that utilized pro football as the back drop. ;-) ;) :wink:
;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:30 pm

jack_tors wrote:I say bite the bullet, worth it in the end. However, there is another aspect to this movie you are all missing. If done right, this could have been the best film ever. Let me explain based on what I have seen in trailer:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Peeker643 wrote:

It's been done time and time again jack_tors. It's called 'The NBA'

And there was a sequel titled "The Travis Henry Story" that utilized pro football as the back drop. ;-) ;) :wink:
;-) ;) :wink:

Touche, well played sir, well played.. lol.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby idoctribefan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Tell her that money's tight right now and that you can't afford to go. It's $10 per ticket nowadays unless you catch a matinee! Promise her that when it comes out on Redbox that you'll rent it.

Then in 3 months when it comes out on Redbox, rent it for a buck and bring it home on a night where there is no Buckeyes/Browns/Cavs game. Your sacrifice is minimal (2 hrs of misery from the comfort of your own couch) and she will not only love that you're watching it with her, but she'll love the surprise. In addition, you've avoided the absolute worst part of going to the theater to see the chick flick: other people at the theater seeing you being dragged by your balls to see the film.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:03 pm

idoctribefan wrote:In addition, you've avoided the absolute worst part of going to the theater to see the chick flick: other people at the theater seeing you being dragged by your balls to see the film.

That is the worst part. You walk into a flick like that, and you see two types of men. Those saps actually happy to be there ... and the others, like you, nervously panning the theater grounds, terrified of seeing someone they know.

You see those latter guys ... to quote Bubba Clinton, you can feel their pain. You make eye contact, it's like a silent plea for help. Both of you wishing the other would pull the fire alarm and put both of you out of their misery.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:08 pm

Eff you all. I had to go see all those fucking Diane Keaton movies that came out in the last 5 years. Oh and those stupid Reese Witherspoon movies. Luckily, thanks to alcohol, i've forgotten most of that, but I still have flashback....... Pure horror.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby BruceK » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Shit, and I thought being dragged to see "Flashdance" 26 years ago was bad.
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:50 pm

3 chicks spotted on the subway at various times today reading this book.

If you saw the notebook you will be seeing this, don't mock JB too much here.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:3 chicks spotted on the subway at various times today reading this book.

If you saw the notebook you will be seeing this, don't mock JB too much here.

Haven't seen 'The Notebook'. Mock I must.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Haven't seen 'The Notebook'. Mock I must.

Neither have I. Nor will I see this steaming pile. The worst I've been dragged to has been Harry Potter. I went to see Titanic in high school with a girl to get laid. After that, I vowed to never again waste time or money on chick flicks. I lay the rule down as soon as she asks "what kind of movies do you like". If she leaves, fine.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:03 am

saw the Notebook, almost cried. out of pure pain in my eyes and ears. i almost blacked out, which woulda been a welcome release from the shit i was enduring. but, by the grace of the Lord himself, before i knew it i was in the backseat of my buick with my girl doing some work somewhere in mill creek park. moral of the story, a couple hours of mind-numbing drivel will usually pay off. bite the bullet brotha
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:11 am

You can get out of it. Just remark how Eric Bana seems to be playing a pedophile. He meets this woman while she is a small child and he is fully grown, and plans to sleep with her and marry her later? And he tells her (from what I saw in the trailers)? Gross.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:07 am

aoxo1 wrote:You can get out of it. Just remark how Eric Bana seems to be playing a pedophile. He meets this woman while she is a small child and he is fully grown, and plans to sleep with her and marry her later? And he tells her (from what I saw in the trailers)? Gross.

You know, I thought that was pretty creepy myself. What do you say to your female when you go back in time and she's six years old? "Pumpkin, you're going to drink your milk and fill out and grow up all big and strong, and in about twenty years I'm going to be fucking your brains out."
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:17 am

I don't mean to spoil your guys' fun here, but... I've thought about that, thought it was that, it's creepy (and ultimately unrealistic) but it's not really pedophilia. Might seem like that. But it's not. I know, I know I just killed the fun. :thud:
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:26 am

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/time_travelers_wife/

This thing is currently hoovering right around GI Joe lows at rottentomatoes from viewers and critics alike.

Godspeed JB, godspeed.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby rawdawgexpress » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:03 am

Here's how much I love my wife: I READ THIS BOOK AT HER REQUEST.

Actually the book wasn't terrible, and somewhat inventive. I've heard that the movie sucks, that they just did a crap job. Sad, they probably could've made a watchable movie out of the book. There is some violence and lots of sex in the book. Plus I like anything time-travel related.

I did my time already, good luck at the movies fellas.
People call it 'vision.' I call it running away.
-Josh Cribbs
rawdawgexpress

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Reading through those reviews on rottentomatoes, this movie clearly transcends the stereotypical doucheyness that's saturating this thread. It's target audience is irrelevant.

That's just flat out a bad movie.

So unless you're the type who drags her to see the manly man version of that drek (in which case you're F'd), there is no reason whatsoever to go see this thing.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby Lubber » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Early reviews are in. This movie is a winner. If you are a fan of the Notebook, you will also enjoy this movie.

Have fun JB whatever you decide.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:48 pm

A happy eneding.

So I had to travel for work and stalled and stalled. I avoided the subject like as if I owed money.

She's decided her fascination has come and gone and wants to pass in favor of Inglorious Basterds.

Just when your patience gets tested you know why you have a keeper.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:51 pm

JB wrote:A happy eneding.

So I had to travel for work and stalled and stalled. I avoided the subject like as if I owed money.

She's decided her fascination has come and gone and wants to pass in favor of Inglorious Basterds.

Just when your patience gets tested you know why you have a keeper.

Maybe you and I can see 'Time Traveler's Wife' together and heal our wounded relationship? I'll get the popcorn.

No cutting holes in the bottom of the bucket.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Next

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture