Text Size

The 19th Hole

Buying clubs from eBay?

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Buying clubs from eBay?

Unread postby buddycowley » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:11 pm

I'm looking into buying a new driver, and I was looking through eBay, just to see what kinds of things I could find. I saw some pretty decent deals for a Cleveland XLS Hi-Bore driver, which I can probably get for around 60 bucks.

Anyone ever bought clubs from eBay, and did it work out very well? I always worry about buying something sight unseen, but the one seller seems to be one that has been on eBay for a long time and has very positive reviews.

Just looking for some insight.

-Buddy
Can speak French...in Russian
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Re: Buying clubs from eBay?

Unread postby Exit_Stage_Left » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:31 pm

I don't know if you've made your purchase, but I have bought one club off of ebay and the club came in excellent shape. I bought a 60* vokey wedge and the guy assured me that it was in great condition...thing had one or two scratches and nothing more. I would say contact the seller, make sure pictures show all aspects of the club and make the purchase through paypal. Also, aim for sellers who have the return option on their items.
Exit_Stage_Left

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Return to The 19th Hole