Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

Top 12 2007 Fantasy Football Picks

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

Top 12 2007 Fantasy Football Picks

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:20 am

USA Today's take ...

This is one of those years, I either want the #1 pick, or as low as possible in the first round (in snake drafts.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football ... ound_x.htm

1. LaDainian Tomlinson. You weren't really expecting anybody else, were you?

2. Larry Johnson. Johnson's record-setting usage is disconcerting over the long term, but he is young enough for another big year.

3. Steven Jackson. Another year in Scott Linehan's offense will help Jackson, whose receiving numbers remind Rams fans of Marshall Faulk.

4. Willie Parker. He has a nose for the end zone and legitimate big-play ability, a lethal fantasy combination.

5. Shaun Alexander. Still young enough to come back with a big season, Alexander might be a bargain pick here.

6. Peyton Manning. Manning always is a comforting name to have at quarterback, though in some leagues, no quarterback is worth a first-round pick.

7. Rudi Johnson. Never flashy but always reliable, Johnson has had 12 TDs three years in a row.

8. Frank Gore. How early do you take the plunge? His potential is huge if the 49ers improve their offensive line.

9. Terrell Owens. The Cowboys and Owens both have a lot of uncertainty heading into the offseason but if everybody returns in a happy way, Owens and QB Tony Romo both should do well.

10. Joseph Addai. Yes, he could be this good with a year in the weight room and if the Colts do not insist on keeping Dominic Rhodes around.

11. Drew Brees. Was this past season a fluke? Not with an aggressive offensive coach and some dynamic weapons.

12. Marvin Harrison. His big finish erased the sting of some midseason mediocrity and will make him a high draft pick again.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:28 am

Agreed. Although Jackson is definitely going to be the real deal again this year and is worth the top 3 pick. The middle of the pack is where you dont want to be. I would hate to end up with the 6th or 7th pick.
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Unread postby paddio » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:11 am

I just hope LJ gets his contract situation taken care of. I have him in a keeper league and don't like the idea of a holdout.
paddio

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:47 pm

I would be concerned with the fact that the guy carried the ball 450 times last year and they will try and make him do it again this year. He is going to wear down quickly.
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Unread postby BadBecks » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:59 pm

I've actually seen some previews list Addai as high as the top-4 overall.

DeAngelo Williams is my pick to be this year's Frank Gore breakout guy.
"Don't Hassle Me...I'm a Local" - Bob Wiley (shirt)
BadBecks
Kid Cleveland

Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

I am hoping for the same thing out of DeAngelo this year. I have him as a 7th round keeper in one of my leagues.

That being said, he is in a completely different position as compared to Gore last year. Gore was the starter from the start of the season. DeAngelo actually has some competition in the form of Deshaun Foster.
MacGregor

MacGregor78

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:09 pm

I like Maroney for the biggest upswing in the RB department. That's a guy I think is a good value anywhere after pick 8-10.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pup » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:59 pm

Peeker643 wrote:I like Maroney for the biggest upswing in the RB department. That's a guy I think is a good value anywhere after pick 8-10.

Shoulder, never fully healthy, first round bust.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:21 pm

I agree on the Maroney shoulder issue. It isn't healthy yet and people are questioning his durability. Of course the same was being said about Gore last year. I think Maroney is still a good value in the 4th rd or so. He will probably have a slow start and be a decent RB1 by mid-year.
MacGregor

MacGregor78

Unread postby Scott_Sargent » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:12 am

MacGregor78 wrote:I agree on the Maroney shoulder issue. It isn't healthy yet and people are questioning his durability. Of course the same was being said about Gore last year. I think Maroney is still a good value in the 4th rd or so. He will probably have a slow start and be a decent RB1 by mid-year.

No chance Maroney falls to the fourth round of any format...
Scott_Sargent
Got a minute?

Unread postby pup » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:29 am

No chance Maroney falls to the fourth round of any format...

How about the Top 12 Jets Fans Fantasy Football League?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Scott_Sargent » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:34 am

Pup wrote:How about the Top 12 Jets Fans Fantasy Football League?

Well, you'd have to slot him down a bit so you can squeeze in Freeman McNeal, Ken O'Brien, Roger Vick, Blair Thomas, Johnny Mitchell and Kyle Brady....
Scott_Sargent
Got a minute?

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:36 am

Well, I didnt say Maroney would fall to the 4th rd, that was just where I would pick him. Maybe in the third. Honestly depends on league format.
MacGregor

MacGregor78

Unread postby sandlot33 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:17 am

I get 3 keepers out of:

LJ
DeAngelo Williams
Marion Barber

Shockey

I'm thinkin the 3 backs

what do ya think??
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby swerb » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:24 am

sandlot33 wrote:I get 3 keepers out of:

LJ
DeAngelo Williams
Marion Barber

Shockey

I'm thinkin the 3 backs

what do ya think??

Hell yea
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:22 am

If those are your 4 choices, then the 3 backs you have highlighted would be perfect. DeAngelo may not start at the beginning of the year (even though he should be) so Barber will fill in nicely until DeAngelo is the #1.

Shockey is a good TE, but unless you have Gates, TEs are a dime a dozen
MacGregor

MacGregor78

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:04 am

What does everyone think of Marion Barber? Will he steal some carries from Julius Jones between the 20s this year and not just be a goalline back?

He is a keeper option for me as a 10th round pick.....but am weighing him or Terrell Owens who was a 7th round pick.
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:15 am

I love Barber this year. In addition to being a goalline beast, IMO, hes just a better overall runner than Jones.

I'm expecting him to be getting 20-22 carries a game by week 6, and have a big year for the 'Pokes.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:01 am

I dont think Barber's role will decrease, that's for sure. As Swerb said, he may become the feature, but that's not for sure either. He will be a good source of TDs regardless.

Consigliere do you only get one keeper? If you get more than one, who are your other keepers?
MacGregor

MacGregor78

Return to The Fantasy Forum