Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

True Blood Season 2

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: True Blood Season 2

Unread postby JoJo White » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Sneak Peak of rest of Season 2:

http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/video.html
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:44 pm

Cannot believe I didn't figure it out ahead of time that Daphne was the pig that Andy kept obsessing about.

Nice of them to go right ahead in the previews and do a spoiler revealing that Sam wasn't sacrificed. Not that I expected it out of that major of a character anyway. I'm still not sure how the whole Maryann thing ties into the season. Is it related to what's going on in Dallas, or just a totally secondary tale?

Looks like Jason's up shit creek next week. Don't know if it's because he helps Sookie, or because he's banging Sarah...probably both.

Bill knows Sookie is in trouble. It looks like it's almost dusk at the Fellowship of the Sun, and they plan on executing Godric the next morning. I get the feeling there is gonna be a shitload of vampires hitting that place before then (or at least Bill, Eric, Lorena, and Isabela).

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:49 pm

This show is so GD good.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:55 pm

I know something like eight people are supposed to die this season and from the episode previews that are out it looks like the minotaur and dallas story lines are separate.

Pam and Lafayette could prove to be a damned entertaining series of interactions. And why is Lafayette stuck dealing again.... that story line is the only one that I really don't get at this point.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:19 pm

And the werewolves were confirmed for season 3 at Comic Con:

(per Ball)

• Ball, on what he's excited about for Season Three: "I'm just excited that there is a Season Three, even though I don't think that's been officially announced. I'm looking forward to seeing werewolves for the first time, I'm definitely interested in getting into the world of Russell Edginton and the Mississippi vampires, and I'm really excited about the character of Debbie Pelt."

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/29344773/alan_ball_spills_true_blood_secrets?source=music_news_rssfeed
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:28 am

Dayam yo, that shit was craaaaazzzzy.

Thing is we are only at the half way point of this season, which is both confusing and exciting. Real jacked up to see Eric and the Texas asshole vamp roll in and kill the entire Fellowship, as you know it is happening.

And less Bill = a much more entertaining show. His tormented sole routine is getting stale (although the flashbacks and Lorena angle has been more interesting than the woe is me stuff) and the him and Sookie love thing is more than bland at this point, time to shake it up and it is perfectly set up for Eric to do just that.

Not sure why Daphne just took the knife, but the Mary Anne thing isn't going away anytime soon either.

Biggest surprise of the episode was Jason taking a tranq (obvious guess) from that crazy preachers wife, who is essentially the bat-shit crazy woman from hell for any self respecting man.

Preview for next week was real solid as well.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:29 pm

This show gets weirder and weirder. It's starting to pick up steam now. Maryann is a goddess, does that mean she can't be killed? Eric sending Lorena to prevent Bill from saving Sookie is a nice twist, it seems he doesn't have to keep his word to Bill. Layfayete has almost been written out of the show, I still don't get his whole angle with Pam and her making him sell V.

My DVR didn't record the preview for next week. :gah:
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:43 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This show gets weirder and weirder. It's starting to pick up steam now. Maryann is a goddess, does that mean she can't be killed? Eric sending Lorena to prevent Bill from saving Sookie is a nice twist, it seems he doesn't have to keep his word to Bill. Layfayete has almost been written out of the show, I still don't get his whole angle with Pam and her making him sell V.

My DVR didn't record the preview for next week. :gah:

Lafayette died in the books from what I have heard so Alan Ball changed things just to save him and I fully expect him to play a prominent role in the future because of that. Biggest reason Ball "saved" Lafayette is because of the chemistry he and Tara had (according to a quote I saw somewhere) and with Tara chasing around Mary Anne and Eggs he hasn't had all that much of a chance to use his favorite Lafayette role.

The Pam V thing, I have no clue.

And yeah, this show is moving like the energizer bunny on crystal meth right now. They are not effing around and are just going nuts. I'm digging it a ton.

And I am pretty sure this is the preview for next week you are looking for:

http://snipr.com/olkpi
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:50 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
And I am pretty sure this is the preview for next week you are looking for:

http://snipr.com/olkpi

Wow, there is going be a kickass fight. Awesome.

Thanks for the link.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby JoJo White » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:09 pm

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/true-bloods-a ... aged/26051
True Blood costars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are engaged, their reps confirm to Usmagazine.com.

The stars publicly debuted their relationship in February, but have been dating since meeting at an audition for the HBO vampire series.

"The reason it was dodged last year was very intentional on both our parts," Moyer, 39, said at the time. "It was very important to me that the cast and crew we were working with didn't feel it was fickle, and didn't feel it could possibly potentially encroach on their lives, you know, just like, 'Oh the two stars are having a thing.' We didn't want to take anything away from the show."

Might make those inevitable future love scenes between Sookie and Eric a bit awkward on the set...
JoJo White

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:06 am

The sooner Eric bitches Bill and ends this stupid relationship between Sookie and Bill the better. It's the only thing I don't like about the show at this stage but the annoyance factor it's causing me is growing quickly.

That said, another awesome episode.

Luke going kamikaze was unexpected and enjoyable.

Godric may be my favorite character yet.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby comish » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:43 am

I've been watching since the 1st episode and am COMPLETELY hooked. My wife went from "What the Hell are you watching" to refusing to answer the phone between 9 and 10 on Sunday.

I've read some of the Charlaine Harris books that the series is based on....but the writers of the HBO show seem to have their own visions of how to take the story lines...which is good IMO.

I too am not sure about the Lafayette being asked to sell V thing....I would LOVE to see him get turned. "I'll be YOUR bad ass vampire"

The Bill/Sookie romance is what the whole series turns on....I agree a little with e0 that it gets a bit annoying, but even Harris's books hinge on this.

I was a little disappointed that Godric actually took pity on the Fellowship. I would have loved to see them come in a waste the lot of them.

The entire scene where Maryann had Tara and Eggs eat the "Hunter's" pie....gross...but absolutely goddamn rivetting. She is one bad-ass, demented chica.

Going to read a few more of the books to try and get a little more insight....I DO KNOW that werewolves are looked down on by the other "Supes"

Enjoy
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:37 pm

I agree with e0y on just about all acounts. However, i'm so sick of Maryann, maybe even more than Sookie/Bill.

Godrick is sick, the way he delt with evrything that whole episode was cool, especially Lorena.

I don't think Luke's bomb will go off. He's a dud. (I don't have the preview for next week. the whole DVR thing.)
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby RattleHead » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:57 pm

I'm not completely digging the Bill/Sookie line as much lately. In fact, it's making me like Eric even more than Bill at this point. Like CDT, I am just about sick of the Maryann story line. That may be because I simply don't like her or her character, but the same thing just keeps happening every week with her. Maryann controls a bunch of people, makes them do some crazy shit and tosses in maybe a snippet of new information. Could be that something huge is coming with her, but I wish they'd get to the point already.

I'm liking the Hoyt/Jessica story. Godric...what a badass. I expected Luke to do something when he left the church, however, showing up at Godric's wired up was not it. No clue where that's going. I love and hate the cliffhangers HBO is pulling with this show.
RattleHead

Favorite Player: Hank Aaron
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Ok, The bomb does go off.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:30 pm

The heart souffle thing was a highlight of the episode to me. Just damned hard to watch....

That said, the preview made it look like we are going to see some movement in the Mary Anne story line very soon. Especially with Lafayette now involved.

When I stumble across the link to the preview I'll put it up for you CDT.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:40 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:When I stumble across the link to the preview I'll put it up for you CDT.

It's cool, I found the Episode 9 trailer on YouTube.

I wonder how many Vamps get killed in the explosion, if any at all.

The Pam/Lafayette V angle seems to have been put on the back burner.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:44 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:When I stumble across the link to the preview I'll put it up for you CDT.

It's cool, I found the Episode 9 trailer on YouTube.

I wonder how many Vamps get killed in the explosion, if any at all.

The Pam/Lafayette V angle seems to have been put on the back burner.

Yeah, Alan Ball absolutely loves dropping little nuggest and storing them away before fully exploring their story lines.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:38 pm

One of my thoughts on what might happen is that a vampire jumps on Luke and sacrifices himself for the rest. I originally thought it might be Godric(so far he has the personality to do such a thing), but he's just too great of a character and it's too early in his development for him to be killed off. I guess it could be a possibility that he sacrifices himself but is too powerful to be killed by the blast.

Also in re: to Godric, how about when the Fellowship thug said "Godric, it's me!" right before his death. That shows there was a relationship between the two. Is it possible that Godric isn't as humble and good as he's made out to be. Does he have a questionable relationship with the Fellowship? I wouldn't think so, but there was definitely something behind the thug's last words.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby Guest » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:44 am

Really interesting episode last night.

- Didn't see that turn coming with Godric...but I like how it worked out as I think (a) the Godric character couldn't be sustained that long in his super-mellow state, and (b) I really think this event will be the turning point in Eric's character, and in how Sookie looks at Eric.

- The "Annoying Sookie Factor" is way down now...she's actually turning back into a very interesting character.

- Bill, OTOH, is not. Enough already with the "tormented soul" crap with him. We haven't seen the last of Lorena...maybe Bill hooks back up with her as Sookie gets closer to Eric?

- Layfayette rules!

- I thought Jessica would be the character I hated most this year, but she's really turning into someone I enjoy watching. Gotta go "ouch" on that whole "growing back of the hymen" thingy.

- Big showdown coming between the vampires and Maryann and her brood of semi-zombies. Looking forward to that. Interesting that they've gone in a totally different direction from the books, as my understanding from reading it on Wikipedia was that the big "showdown" in the second book was between the vampires and the Fellowship of the Sun, and that Maryann actually helped the vamps rescue Sookie. Good thing I never read the books, as I like how this one is going.

The only bitch is that you know they will take a one week break before the finale, as they won't show it on Labor Day weekend...which means I'll have to miss part of the first Sunday Night Football game for this.

The only good news about this ending on September 13, is that Dexter Season 4 starts two weeks later. And now that Mad Men has started back up, I'll still have something to look forward to on Sept. 20.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:48 am

The preview for next week is must see, that much is certain.

Shits about to get even crazier.

I honestly cannot remember a TV season that has been such a quick and intense ride as this one. Its not the greatest TV show of all time by any means but it has moved at the pace of a great 2 hour action movie throughout the duration.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:09 am

e0y2e3 wrote:The preview for next week is must see, that much is certain.

Shits about to get even crazier.

I honestly cannot remember a TV season that has been such a quick and intense ride as this one. Its not the greatest TV show of all time by any means but it has moved at the pace of a great 2 hour action movie throughout the duration.

Fastest hour of the week.

Agree with all said above by e0 and Mitch and that Jason's character is just perfect for comic relief at nearly anytime. The two 'thumbs-up' and the dopey, out of place grin when Sookie tried to locate him after the explosion was knockers.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Really fun show. I didn't see that angle coming with Godric. Lafayette beating the shit out of Eggs was awesome. The split with Sookie and Bill is starting, that should be a good story line. The talk between Sookie and Jason borderlined on awkward, I thought he would tell her about killing that vampire in season 1. I hope Mitch is right and we see the Vampires help take out Mary Ann.

I thought this season sagged a little in the middle, but now it's like a run away train. This one of the few shows my wife and I both look forawrd to every week.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote: I hope Mitch is right and we see the Vampires help take out Mary Ann.

Episode preview is clear on that.

Vamps are also going to have trouble as Bill clearly says that he does not know how to kill it. Also some solid shots of Eric going comando and Jason running around with a chainsaw. Best preview for an episode yet....

(essentially war is coming)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:53 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote: I hope Mitch is right and we see the Vampires help take out Mary Ann.

Episode preview is clear on that.

Vamps are also going to have trouble as Bill clearly says that he does not know how to kill it. Also some solid shots of Eric going comando and Jason running around with a chainsaw. Best preview for an episode yet....

(essentially war is coming)

The Curse of the DVR continues, always cuts off before the preview. I'll see if I can find it on Youtube again.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Ok, I can't find the Episode 10 preview anywhere. e0y if you come across it, i'd appreciate a link.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby JoJo White » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:17 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Ok, I can't find the Episode 10 preview anywhere. e0y if you come across it, i'd appreciate a link.

http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/video.html ... ct=8307949
JoJo White

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:23 pm

Awesome. Thanks JoJo. :thumb up:
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby BroncoFan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Ha Ha my favorite moment of this weeks show, and there were a ton of them, was towards the end when the Lead Fellowship of the Sun dude was on the Vampire interview show and he still had the paintball mark on his forehead. That had me rolling on the floor.
BroncoFan

Favorite Player: John Elway
Least Favorite Player: Phillip Rivers

Unread postby Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:02 am

Another fantastic week. Some thoughts:

Sam's got some splainin to do to Andy and Jason. Another great scene with Jason, using the flares and gas mask to "become the god", and then smiting Sam.

Bill puking his guts out after sucking on some Maryann. And the shock (and did I see some sort of joy?) on Maryann's face after Sookie zapped her. Looks like Ball is following one part of the book series, as there is a little something "extra" about Sookie.

Bill got a bit of his mojo back this week, and was finally not at all boring. Loved the "excorsism" scene with Tara, having Bill and Sookie double-team her to get Maryann's weirdness out of her.

Next week we get The Queen of Louisiana (don't be fooled at all about the blood dripping on her bare leg at the end of the show...I'm sure she was just finishing lunch). Semi-spoiler...she's played by Evan Rachel Wood (how appropriate after dating Marilyn Manson for a few years).

Only bad thing was not having Eric on for anything other than a dream sequence.

Speculation on my part...Bill must become enthralled to the Queen in payment for her help...opening the door for Eric and Sookie to get it on.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:23 am

The one thing that really bothered me last night (episode was fantastic on the whole) was Terry agreeing to desert Merlotte's while under Marry Anne's spell to save Arlene. Real confused by how he could have this emotional connection while playing zombie for her.

Beyond that it was one of the two or three best episodes yet, IMO. Some great humor, the continued development of Jason as a character, some interesting plot advancements, etc...
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 am

45 minute show. That was the only disappointing issue. I hated it when the Sopranos went short and I hate it more when this one does.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:24 am

e0y2e3 wrote:The one thing that really bothered me last night (episode was fantastic on the whole) was Terry agreeing to desert Merlotte's while under Marry Anne's spell to save Arlene. Real confused by how he could have this emotional connection while playing zombie for her.

I'm thinking they are setting up some way of "getting through" the Maryann haze by making some sort of emotional connection. They also did it with Tera prior to Bill and Sookie showing up, with her hesitating a bit on her craziness when mamma was praying.

Given that Terry is basically a screwed up mess anyway after his time in Iraq, his wiring may be just a bit off from the norm, hence they opportunity for Jason to crack through by appealing to his feelings towards Arlene.

Oh yeah...and I was pissed that it was only 45 minutes...could have easily slipped another 10 minutes of stuff in there. Maybe some closure at the Dallas nest after Godric's self-sacrifice.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:45 am

The famous Sopranos move ... finishing 15 min early, unexpected, just like that.

Good episode last night, even with a couple of the more "24"-like far fetched things of the season. Sam being dumb enough to go to Merlotte's (right after checking Andy's eyes ... doesn't even think Arlene is setting him up?). Terry leading the zombies out of Merlotte's after the jedi mind trick. And then the whole Jason-God thing with Andy behind him holding up a stick. Even with the zombie fog over their eyes ... a little far fetched.

But still, great episode. Scene where Bill tried to bite MaryAnn and that black shit came out, followed by the classic look on Mary Ann's face and saying "what ARE YOU?!?!?" when Sookie tried to spork her.

Agree on Bill becoming a much more interesting character these last couple weeks. He try to kill Eric this season? At first I thought yes, now, I doubt it ... think they spill that plot line over to season 2.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:38 pm

That was a fun episode, Jason Stackhouse is becoming one of my favorite TV show characters. He's hilarious. It was short, but packed with plot. A few things that confuse me, Mary Ann is a Maenad, a follower of Dionysus. How is she immortal? The mob outside Merlotte's said "God has horns", as far as I can remember Dionysus didn't have horns, Pan did, Pan also seduced all the Maenads. So is Mary Ann bringing back Dionysus or Pan? Pan is obviously the character Christians based Satan off of, so could she be bringing "Satan" back?

This show is alot of fun, too bad we only got 2 episodes left and then a wait till next spring/early summer for season 3. That's a long wait for Werewolves, but I assume Ball will make it worth it.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby comish » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Thank God when this is done there will be football to watch....otherwise I'd be REALLY bummed.

I agree with everyone else...one of the better episodes, damn them for cutting it short.

As far as the mob goes:
The mob that trapped Sam and Andy, absolutely terrifying.
The mob that got suckered by Sam and Jason...rediculous.

AWESOME sequence between Mayann, Sookie, and Bill who all of a sudden remembered that he is a bad *** vampire. Sookie's character is absolutely captivating....(definately sans the clothes :thumb up: )

The throw down with Maryann and her god should be epic.

Sookie and Eric WILL hook up at some point.

AND...is anybody else curious about Sookie and Jason's parents? I know the backstory is they were killed in a car wreck (or was it a flood?) Either way, either THEY are coming back and aren't dead...or their death is going to play a role in an upcoming story line.
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:21 am

That was an odd end to the season. The way it played out with Mary Ann was ok, I didn't see it coming. Still wondering what Eric will do with Bill. All in all I give season 2 a C+, it was good at the start, drug in the middle, and the ending was kinda meh. I have high hopes for season 3, Werewolves, Eric Vs Bill, the Queen and her V selling angle, and the Mississippi vamps should be cool.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:16 am

Not gonna lie: I was simply disappointed in the season 2 finale. Which fit just perfectly with the weekend as a whole.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby swerb » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:21 am

Peeker643 wrote:Not gonna lie: I was simply disappointed in the season 2 finale. Which fit just perfectly with the weekend as a whole.

Me too. Still a great season.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Ditto on the finale and the weekend.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?