Text Size

The 19th Hole

Tiger tantrums

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Tiger tantrums

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Isn't it about time he cleans up his act when things aren't going well?

A couple of different articles since the British Open about this and I think they are right. Personally I love the fact he is so competitive and hard on himself, and relays that into emotion. However being in such a spotlight worldwide and being so instrumental to young people taking up the game of golf it is time he realizes how his temper impacts young impressionable golfers and also how stupid he can look at times having a fit about a bad shot.

Plus it kind of puts a chink in his impenetrable mental fortress he is so known for.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Tiger tantrums

Unread postby fundamentals » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:45 pm

I just got done reading the one by Rick Reilly about Tiger being naughty:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=4347419
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Tiger tantrums

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Had a few friends watch El Tigre over the weekend and they were treated to a number of F Bombs, but the dude is so talented, ended up walking through that tourney.

Tiger had to endure this as well :lmfao:

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil ... olf,180489
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Return to The 19th Hole