Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Blackberry Question

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Blackberry Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Didn't know where to put this so anyway.....

Friend gave me an almost new Blackberry 8830 World Edition phone. I have no use for it on a global basis but wondered if I can activate it through the wife's At&t family plan for the monthly line fee and the data plan and have it work here.

It has a Verizon logo on the phone and I've heard there are global issues in regard to frequencies and sim cards but all I want is basic functionality here in the states; phone, browser, etc.

Will those functions work on at&t plan or does the service have to come from Verizon?

If you have any feedback please let me know.

Thanks.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Blackberry Question

Unread postby dem425 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Hey B:

Don't know if this helps. I had a Blackberry Storm with Verizon as the carrier. Verizon and Blackberry have mutual agreements for their products and services but they are INDEPENDENT entities. I ended giving the phone to Mandy because the phone was too technical for me AND you HAD to have an internet plan for the phone to work.

I know have an LG Voyager with no data plan and I'm much happier........

Uncle Anti-techno-geek
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:58 pm

I got a BB Curve through Verizon with the logos, and I don't think it can be activated by AT&T or any other providers. I'm not positive, I really don't know jack about it. And yeah you'll probably need the internet plan.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Peeker643 wrote:Didn't know where to put this so anyway.....

Friend gave me an almost new Blackberry 8830 World Edition phone. I have no use for it on a global basis but wondered if I can activate it through the wife's At&t family plan for the monthly line fee and the data plan and have it work here.

It has a Verizon logo on the phone and I've heard there are global issues in regard to frequencies and sim cards but all I want is basic functionality here in the states; phone, browser, etc.

Will those functions work on at&t plan or does the service have to come from Verizon?

Thanks.

Just trade it to Pup (marketplace thread) for his iPhone and use that with AT&T.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:35 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:Didn't know where to put this so anyway.....

Thanks.

Just trade it to Pup (marketplace thread) for his iPhone and use that with AT&T.

Tried that route. No dice.

No worries though. Just taking a shot. I talked to the people at At&t and the Blackberry operats on a different frequence and will not work due to sim card issues.

Or something like that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 am

Peeks,

I recommend you eat the BlackBerry. Fruit is good for your health. :hide: Giant Iggle just had them for sale. :pop:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Lubber » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 am

Peeker,

you want to trade a Palm Treo for the Blackberry. the Treo will work on AT & T I believe
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:46 am

Lubber wrote:Peeker,

you want to trade a Palm Treo for the Blackberry. the Treo will work on AT & T I believe

I went iphone Lubber. I gave the Blackbrry back to the dude and told him 'thanks' and to see if he could sell it or give it to someone who can use it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry