Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Blackberry Question

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Blackberry Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Didn't know where to put this so anyway.....

Friend gave me an almost new Blackberry 8830 World Edition phone. I have no use for it on a global basis but wondered if I can activate it through the wife's At&t family plan for the monthly line fee and the data plan and have it work here.

It has a Verizon logo on the phone and I've heard there are global issues in regard to frequencies and sim cards but all I want is basic functionality here in the states; phone, browser, etc.

Will those functions work on at&t plan or does the service have to come from Verizon?

If you have any feedback please let me know.

Thanks.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22625
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Blackberry Question

Unread postby dem425 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Hey B:

Don't know if this helps. I had a Blackberry Storm with Verizon as the carrier. Verizon and Blackberry have mutual agreements for their products and services but they are INDEPENDENT entities. I ended giving the phone to Mandy because the phone was too technical for me AND you HAD to have an internet plan for the phone to work.

I know have an LG Voyager with no data plan and I'm much happier........

Uncle Anti-techno-geek
dem425
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 pm
Location: Now in Strongsville
Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: Blackberry Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:58 pm

I got a BB Curve through Verizon with the logos, and I don't think it can be activated by AT&T or any other providers. I'm not positive, I really don't know jack about it. And yeah you'll probably need the internet plan.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Blackberry Question

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Peeker643 wrote:Didn't know where to put this so anyway.....

Friend gave me an almost new Blackberry 8830 World Edition phone. I have no use for it on a global basis but wondered if I can activate it through the wife's At&t family plan for the monthly line fee and the data plan and have it work here.

It has a Verizon logo on the phone and I've heard there are global issues in regard to frequencies and sim cards but all I want is basic functionality here in the states; phone, browser, etc.

Will those functions work on at&t plan or does the service have to come from Verizon?

If you have any feedback please let me know.

Thanks.



Just trade it to Pup (marketplace thread) for his iPhone and use that with AT&T.
Fuck the Browns...
User avatar
rebelwithoutaclue
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Under them Skies of Blue
Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: Blackberry Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:35 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:Didn't know where to put this so anyway.....

Friend gave me an almost new Blackberry 8830 World Edition phone. I have no use for it on a global basis but wondered if I can activate it through the wife's At&t family plan for the monthly line fee and the data plan and have it work here.

It has a Verizon logo on the phone and I've heard there are global issues in regard to frequencies and sim cards but all I want is basic functionality here in the states; phone, browser, etc.

Will those functions work on at&t plan or does the service have to come from Verizon?

If you have any feedback please let me know.

Thanks.



Just trade it to Pup (marketplace thread) for his iPhone and use that with AT&T.


Tried that route. No dice.

No worries though. Just taking a shot. I talked to the people at At&t and the Blackberry operats on a different frequence and will not work due to sim card issues.

Or something like that.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22625
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Blackberry Question

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 am

Peeks,

I recommend you eat the BlackBerry. Fruit is good for your health. :hide: Giant Iggle just had them for sale. :pop:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Blackberry Question

Unread postby Lubber » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 am

Peeker,

you want to trade a Palm Treo for the Blackberry. the Treo will work on AT & T I believe
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Blackberry Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:46 am

Lubber wrote:Peeker,

you want to trade a Palm Treo for the Blackberry. the Treo will work on AT & T I believe



I went iphone Lubber. I gave the Blackbrry back to the dude and told him 'thanks' and to see if he could sell it or give it to someone who can use it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22625
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson


Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests