Text Size

The Rumble Room

Pavlik Rips the Super Middleweight Tourney

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Pavlik Rips the Super Middleweight Tourney

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:40 am

Something great for the sport and the Ghost doesn't like it.
Maybe he should look for a fight and get in the ring.
I'm souring on this guy more and more every day.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=21036

Re: Pavlik Rips the Super Middleweight Tourney

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:11 am

This a legitimate quote, or another bogus story like the alcohol rehab one?

We agree on one thing. It's time for Kelly to get back in the ring and stop messing around with the Rubio's and the Mora's of the world. And give the Fight Dr an interview so he'll start liking him again.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:20 am

I heard he was on 1100 last night and again was misquoted??????
His biggest problem I think is Bob Arum.
I honestly think Kelly wants the biggest fights but think Arum has it in his mind that he needs to get every single penny.
You never heard about him being greedy in the past, but the last year or two, he always seems to mention wanting to get paid or the fight didnt make sense financially.

Also, it's not so much that he didn't give me an interview, it's how he stiffed me after they were setup more than once.

Let's get in the ring already Kelly.

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:33 am

Pavlik needs to get on Twitter. Get his message out there himself.

Seems like everyone is down on Kelly. The BHop fiasco, Rubio doesn't even show up for their fight, the Mora fight gets cancelled, Abraham flees to 168, all this BS internet rumor crap.

Seems like a decade ago that Kelly was one of the 2-3 biggest things in the boxing world. HBO's golden boy. With a massively growing fan base. Listed in many top 10 lb for lb lists.

That shit was just a little over a year ago.

I have a lot of respect for Arum as a business man. Been disappointed with how he's handled Kelly. Disappointed with the whole Margarito thing, not owning up to that. Dude needs to get Kelly back on track. I want to see the Ghost stay at 160 and clean it out. Make other people come to him. He's a middle. I'd start with Mundine. Then Sturm, even if you have to go to Germany to beat his chicken shit ass. After those two wins, there will be a mega-fight there for Kelly somewhere.

Pavlik is still the best middle in the world. Still, by far, my favorite fighter. I'm not down on the cat at all. For every bull shit rumor out there, I've heard ten great things about the dude from people that know him, or have interacted with him. He's no choir boy, nor do I want him to be. He's great for boxing, great for this area.

Time to get the career back on track.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 am

This makes it look even worse:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/jul/14/p ... bo/?pavlik

I like some of the reader's comments too

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:06 am

After Pavlick's big win last year I came on here and said I had heard Pavolick was out at Y-town bars drunk off his ass and acting like a complete cock according to various people ranging from my little bro to friends.

Rusty or someone jumped all over me and told me I had no clue what I was talking about and that Kelly was the a gracious guy and he had proof.

Well, it is starting to look more and more like Kelly is in fact a giant cock that let fame go to his head. He still has a house in Y-town though, so that makes facts ignorable.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Rusty » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:11 am

e0y2e3 wrote:After Pavlick's big win last year I came on here and said I had heard Pavolick was out at Y-town bars drunk off his ass and acting like a complete cock according to various people ranging from my little bro to friends.

Rusty or someone jumped all over me and told me I had no clue what I was talking about and that Kelly was the a gracious guy and he had proof.

Well, it is starting to look more and more like Kelly is in fact a giant cock that let fame go to his head. He still has a house in Y-town though, so that makes facts ignorable.

Yes, that was me that jumped all over you. I never said that I had proof otherwise or that he was a gracious guy or any of that bullshit. What I said was that he wasn't a saint and that your brother approached a very drunk fighter late at night in a bar and was apparently heartbroken when he acted like an ass... big freaking deal, time to move on and stop crying about it. Hate on him all you want, but he has done alot of good things for the city of Youngstown.

As for the interview, he just comes off as very frustrated and bitter. He should have just taken the "peanuts" and flown over to Germany to easily beat up Arthur Abraham, that was the fight everyone wanted to see, but now he is stuck in a very weak division. That is probably Bob Arum's fault more than anyone's, he deserves almost all of the blame. Arum is also at fault for never allowing him (or any of his other fighters) to publicly call future opponents out. Kelly's best option now is to knock out a highly ranked middleweight, then call out Paul Williams for a huge fight early next year. Stop worrying so much about the money for now, it will come.
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Return to The Rumble Room