Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Born on the 4th of July

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Born on the 4th of July

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Found this kinda amusing...

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/arti ... 002/NEWS01

Seems Kid Rock is coming out with his own beer! It will be marketed as being 100% American made. That is only if you consider Michigan to be part of the United States. Gonna be molded after Bud Light/Miller Light/Coors Light, so nothing craft beer like, more or less an everyday beer. Would anyone even be willing to try this? Guess the brewer is gonna add 50-60 jobs this year to their plant, and Kid is pushing how this is creating American jobs. Michigan even gave the brewer a nice tax credit.

"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Born on the 4th of July

Unread postby Tymaster » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Kid Rock has never been my cup of tea, but his heart is in the right place. He wants to have a good time, and he wants you to have a good time at his shows. Funny story. He was at the Vans Warped Tour at Nautica in 1998, before he had "hit" record. Kids were booing and throwing things at him. I am willing to guarantee some of those same kids w/ Korn and Deftones shirts wound up buying that record later on in the year when radio started playing the singles, and I bet those kids go see him at Blossom. Fans (teens in particular) are so fickle. For the record, I thought his show at the Warped Tour that evening was entertaining, but again, the whole "rap/rock" thing was never my cup o tea. Charlie Benante from Anthrax recently said he "kinda wished we'd never done 'Bring the Noise' w/ Public Enemy, because all the bands that came out of that SUCKED, and then we got blamed for creating a sucky genre." LOL.
Tymaster

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm a Kid Rock fan. I think he's creative, original and multi-dimensional. Not sure that beer is but I agree his heart's in the right place and I credit him for creating 60 more jobs than most politicians have created in the last 6 months.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:56 pm

Ugh. Kid Rock..... He's from Michigan, just like Herpes, Gerald Ford, and Economic Despair.

I bet you drink that swill and you get atleast 3 child support claims put against you.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:17 pm

CDT I may rarely agree with you, being I'm almost a neo-con, but damn if you don't bring the funny...

I'm willing to give the beer a shot, basically as an alternative to my normal Sam Adams and at least it is still an American beer...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby dem425 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:51 pm

I had always been ambivalent about Kid Rock til I saw him perform w/Bocephus and then I became a fan.

Kudos to him for making a Truly American product unlike Anheiser-Busch and Harley Davidson.

And since I am not the common-sewer some of you are about suds, another Coors-light imitator on the block is okay with me.............
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby Tymaster » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:56 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Ugh. Kid Rock..... He's from Michigan, just like Herpes, Gerald Ford, and Economic Despair.

I bet you drink that swill and you get atleast 3 child support claims put against you.

Yeah, as much as I do actually respect the kid, that's what I was referring to by quoting Charlie Benante. "Bring The Noise" helped usher in crap like Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, and Kid Rock's success helped that movement as well. The only "rap/metal" mix I ever dug was Rage Against The Machine, and they weren't really rap/metal, but Zach De LaRocha certainly did "rap" a lot of his vocals. However, the lyrical content and Tom Morellos guitar playing were extroidanary. Unfortunately, RATM, like Korn (whose debut I actually dug) didn't progress musically and made the same album 5 times in a row.
Tymaster

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:44 pm

I don't dislike Kid Rock, i'm jut not a fan. He's one of the few musicians that has explored the genres of all his influences.

I never liked the Mallcore Nu-"metal". Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, System Of A Down, are terrible. They're as metal as a pillow.

His beer might be great, but i'm not going to drink it. I hope it does great and he can employ 600 people.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 am

Once Joe C was gone, so was any interest in Kid Rock.

That sais, hope this is successful. At least he helped create jobs
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:25 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I never liked the Mallcore Nu-"metal". Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, System Of A Down, are terrible. They're as metal as a pillow.

Preach it brother! LOL.. :cheers: :lmfao:
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Tymaster » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I don't dislike Kid Rock, i'm jut not a fan. He's one of the few musicians that has explored the genres of all his influences.

I never liked the Mallcore Nu-"metal". Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, System Of A Down, are terrible. They're as metal as a pillow.

His beer might be great, but i'm not going to drink it. I hope it does great and he can employ 600 people.

Agree on all but SlipKnot. I dig their stuff. They are up there with Slayer in terms of heaviness and musicianship, and put on a great live show.
Tymaster

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:21 pm

As for Kid Rock, I'm not a huge fan but I will give the guy all the credit in the world. He has went after anything and everyhting that he has had an interest in regardless of what others think, all the while sticking to his white-trashy roots. That's who he is, and that's what he remained. So kudos to him on that. And there is no way that his beer will be any worse than 50% of the cheap beer that college campus consume at mass quantities each year, so he may do ok with it if he pushes and markets it appropriately.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:02 pm

Orenthal

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry