Text Size

The Rumble Room

Arhur Abraham beat up another bum over the weekend

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Arhur Abraham beat up another bum over the weekend

Unread postby Rusty » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:37 am

Seriously, after watching his last few fights, I am convinced that Pavlik would destroy this guy easily.

10 title defenses against who exactly? Hand-picked bums, that's who.

He is total disgrace... he is the next Joe Calzaghe.

He would not win a round vs. BHop and would never even have the balls to get in the ring with him.

Kelly should just take the money, fly over to Germany and beat down this sorry, over-hyped nobody to a pulp.
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Re: Arhur Abraham beat up another bum over the weekend

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:51 am

I disagree.
While his competition isnt the greatest he has some of the tools to give Kelly a lot of problems.
Solid defense,good power, and what seems to be a very good chin.
We need to find out how good he is, and soon.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:54 am

Yeah, I watched the fight too Saturday.

I struggle with Abraham. In terms of trying to figure out how good he is, since he won't leave Germany to fight any real fighters. Yet .... after every fight I've seen of his, after the fight, he talks for 5 min about how he wants all the big fights in America. Then 4 months later I see he's fighting another nobody.

I see Abraham as a guy who is very strong for 160 lbs. Has punching power. Has that weird style where he covers his face with a real high guard, content to just sit there and block punches for a while before he lashes out, almost like an attacking snake. At least from what I've seen, everyone hes fought has either been a disaster technically (Miranda) or has no punching power like that chump Saturday. One would think that you could really hurt Abraham by going to the body consistently, making him drop that guard.

I agree though, Kelly is the better middle.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Rusty » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:20 am

The main problem I have with Abraham, beyond his pattern of fighting tomato cans exclusively, is the weight issue. This guy supposedly struggles to make weight at 160, but he is using it as a built-in excuse in case of a loss. Look, if you can't make the weight at 160, then stfu and let go of your belt, move up to 168.

He is an example of everything that is wrong with boxing. He is Joe Calzaghe part II.

Keep calling out Kelly from behind your promoter, you big pussy. Might as well call out Oscar De La Hoya again while your at it, douche bag.
Rusty

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:23 am

As far as him calling out Pavlik, that works both ways.
If this is "the" fight in the division, both sides need to make it happen.
Sergio Mora?
Felix Sturm?
Really????

Unread postby Rusty » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:51 am

If this fight ever goes down, Pavlik will back Abraham into the corner and will completely demolish him.

I just can't see any other outcome.. Arthur hasn't fought anyone of significance, with Kelly's size, power, and experience. His only hope is a lucky punch.

Unfortunately, we will probably never see this fight happen. If it does, Kelly wins easily.
Rusty

Unread postby Rusty » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:35 pm

The real fight at 160 is between Kelly Pavlik and Paul Williams. Neither of these guys will just stand there, covering up their face two and a half minutes of every round.

This would be a very entertaining fight, hopefully it will happen at some point.
Rusty

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Arum said there is no way hell that fights goes down, I heard him say it. They discussed the fight before Pavlik fought that superstar Marco Antonio Rubio. Arum claims Williams' camp was unprofessional and he would never work with them.
That's good news for Pavlik fans because "The Punisher" would live up to his nickname in that one.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:08 pm

FightDr wrote:Arum said there is no way hell that fights goes down, I heard him say it. They discussed the fight before Pavlik fought that superstar Marco Antonio Rubio. Arum claims Williams' camp was unprofessional and he would never work with them.
That's good news for Pavlik fans because "The Punisher" would live up to his nickname in that one.

Don't know what's true there, but this I know. If indeed Paul Williams people are "unprofessional" ... they're pretty effin stupid.

Dude's gonna have a hard time getting fights. Real hard time. Even if he had the most professional, universally liked people in the world. If "his people" want to start making any money, if they indeed are a-holes, they'd better get their shite together.

Since avenging the Quintana loss ... last three fights: Andy Kolle, a 70 year old Verno Phillips, and the artist formerly known as Winky Wright. And he's been chasing fights at 147, 154, and 160. Three different weight classes. And his next opponent is rumored to be some unbeaten no name Ukraine that's never fought in the states, with no big wins to his credit.

I agree, Paul Williams, scary talent. Time to start proving it though.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:49 pm

Nobody wants to fight him, that's the problem, and it has nothing to do with his people.
The dude is a freak, will fight anyone from 147 to 160, possibly 168.
He was calling out Margarito for a rematch (before the scandal) and he didnt want any part of it, and Williams won the first fight.
I don't see anyone in line looking to fight him.
Boxing needs some big fights, more fights have been cancelled this year than have been made it seems like.

Unread postby Rusty » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:22 am

I am a big Pavlik fan because he comes from my hometown. Having said that, I would love to see him fight Paul Williams, win or lose. I just want to see an exciting fight. If it is true about Arum and Paul's management team, well shame on them. That is very disappointing news.

Paul Williams vs. Arthur Abraham would be another interesting match-up, but we will never see it happen.

Arthur will probably move up to 68, pick up a paper title and defend it against every single bum in the SMW division.

There will not be a fight vs. Kessler, or Bute, Froch, Pascal, etc... There will be alot of trash talking along the way, but no big fights. His management team will do everything possible to keep his 0 in tact. This type of BS is everything that is wrong with the current sate of boxing.

The next Joe Calzaghe has officially arrived! :thud:
Rusty

Return to The Rumble Room