Text Size

The Neutral Zone

Heatley requests trade

The place to talk hockey. NHL banter, discussions on the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Lake Erie Monsters, and college hockey.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, skatingtripods

Heatley requests trade

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Being nothing more than a casual hockey fan, even I know this guy's good. Any chance at all he ends up on either the Jackets or Penguins? Or is it pretty much a foregone conclusion he goes to Detroit (like every other star)?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4265568
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: Heatley requests trade

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Doubtful. He's still owed 35M over the next 5 years. Not a bad contract, but for a team that has to pay Rick Nash and owes raises to Steve Mason, Derick Brassard, and others in the next couple of years, it's hard for Columbus to take on that kind of bank.

Penguins - no chance. Crosby, Malkin, Orpik, and Fleury make all their money. Staal was a good extension. They're quite deep down the middle.

The best bet for a guy like Heatley is San Jose or Washington. A team on the cusp, missing one or two pieces. If you could put Heatley with Ovechkin, that's a more dynamite combo than Malkin/Crosby, IMO.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby idoctribefan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:02 pm

he should be sharing a jail cell with Donte Stallworth.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2004/07/ ... 40716.html
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:19 am

Ok thanks. I didn't think any of the teams I sorta followed would be in on him, but you never know.

I forgot Heatley was the one who was driving in that wreck. He and Stallworth coulda been cellmates.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Funky Cold Luis Medina » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:05 am

He has a $4 million bonus that kicks in on July 1.

Amazing. The Senators pretty much saved his career and this is how he repays them. Good to see he's matured since joining them.

Pro sports: the only place where you can not do your job, get a no trade clause, then whine about wanting to play elsewhere, request a trade, and STILL get paid anyway.
I am the sumo florist, and flowers are my trade.
Funky Cold Luis Medina
Insert Title Here

Favorite Player: Cory Snyder
Least Favorite Player: Too many to list

Return to The Neutral Zone