Text Size

The 19th Hole

Bachelor party golf course suggestions

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Bachelor party golf course suggestions

Unread postby Guest » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Hey, guys, involved in a bachelor party end of June. Looking for golf courses in Lake County. Any suggestions on what might be the best place for a group of around 30? It's going to be a mix of experienced and complete duffers. A competitive course isn't the prime criteria here. Just looking for a quality place with a decent price, good setting and scenery, where we can whack some balls around for a couple hours.

Anyone got suggestions for the Lake County area?

Re: Bachelor party golf course suggestions

Unread postby Cease » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:05 pm

I don't think Pine Ridge would be too, too tough. It's a Lake Metroparks course- so it's pretty accessable. Point being it's pretty nice, too- not a dog track. And they treat you pretty well and can accomodate large parties with a little notice.

Have also played at outings at Manakiki, which is a long course. Might I suggest a best-ball scramble to keep things moving. It's really a fun way to golf at a bachelor party- takes the pressure off of the duffers and lets the experienced golfers have fun, too.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:54 pm

Manakiki for sure! Other then that, Bershire Hills is pretty decent too.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Stu » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:36 am

GodHatesClevelandSports wrote:Hey, guys, involved in a bachelor party end of June. Looking for golf courses in Lake County. Any suggestions on what might be the best place for a group of around 30? It's going to be a mix of experienced and complete duffers. A competitive course isn't the prime criteria here. Just looking for a quality place with a decent price, good setting and scenery, where we can whack some balls around for a couple hours.

Anyone got suggestions for the Lake County area?

I'd recommend anything in the communities, like Painted Dessert Golf Club up north along 95.

Oh wait. You said Lake County for a bachelor party? I assumed you said Vegas, which is where bachelor parties are supposed to occur.
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby Cease » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Stu wrote:Oh wait. You said Lake County for a bachelor party? I assumed you said Vegas, which is where bachelor parties are supposed to occur.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING. +1
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 07, 2009 4:49 pm

I threw my buddy's at Pine Ridge. They were pretty cool, even when my jackass friend got obliterated and ran over a pine tree with a golf cart that had a 2 inch trunk and about 6 feet high... :bag:

Manakiki moves too slow, dont play there, I hate that course.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Lubber » Mon May 11, 2009 11:40 pm

St denis is nice.

Pleasant Hills is great as they allow you to bring your own beer on the course
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri May 15, 2009 6:39 am

Powderhorn in Madison might be able to accomodate the day of debauchery.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks for the tips. Looks like we'll be at Erie Shores in Madison. Wonder what their policy is on strippers on the course. :nanner:

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:12 pm

GodHatesClevelandSports wrote:Thanks for the tips. Looks like we'll be at Erie Shores in Madison. Wonder what their policy is on strippers on the course. :nanner:

Keep your clothes on please. ;-) ;) :wink: I live in Madison. People see some crazy west sider running around naked out there they're gonna grab whatever gun they're closest to and ask questions while the body is being loaded into the wagon.

I woulda gone with Powderhorn too. Erie Shores is way, way too wide open for bachelor party golf. Painesville CC is one of my faves for the price and quality as well.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:00 pm

GodHatesClevelandSports wrote:Thanks for the tips. Looks like we'll be at Erie Shores in Madison. Wonder what their policy is on strippers on the course. :nanner:

You had better be careful and use some discretion, especially at a Lake Metropark course. Otherwise, the po po will put an end to your outing quickly. They don't call it Madtown for nothing as Peeker alluded to. :nanner:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Return to The 19th Hole