Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Windy City

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Windy City

Unread postby hornet84 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:53 pm

My wife will be turning 40 in July and I was toying with the idea of taking her to Chicago for a couple of days. I have never been there before. I was just looking for ideas of where to eat, sights to see, places to stay, etc. We are probably looking at three days max, more than likely two days.
hornet84
Big Mon

Favorite Player: The Big Show
Least Favorite Player: Bud Selig

Re: Windy City

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 pm

hornet84 wrote:My wife will be turning 40 in July and I was toying with the idea of taking her to Chicago for a couple of days. I have never been there before. I was just looking for ideas of where to eat, sights to see, places to stay, etc. We are probably looking at three days max, more than likely two days.

My fav, fav city. It answers the question, "What would C-town be like were it awesome?

Must do's if this is about her and not you....

Stay on or near the Magnificent Mile, and be ready to carry lots of shopping bags for her. Amazing hotels.

First Lady of Chicago (boat's name) archetecture cruise.

Museums if you are down with that.

Killer places to eat. All depends on what you want. I can't leave w/ out a pizza, but last time there I did Texas de Brazil. Like Brassa on steroids.

Do all the cheesy tourest shit.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:11 pm

hornet84 wrote:My wife will be turning 40 in July and I was toying with the idea of taking her to Chicago for a couple of days. I have never been there before. I was just looking for ideas of where to eat, sights to see, places to stay, etc. We are probably looking at three days max, more than likely two days.

Just moved from there 2 months ago

Eat: Portillos - There is one downtown, ask the hotel how to get there. Suggestions: Get a hot dog and an Italian Beef... when in Chicago eat like a Chicagoian

Malnati's - Couple in the city (get the buttercrust and thank me later) malnatis is the best of the deep dish joints hands down.

Get a damn Steak - Be it Gibson's, Tavern on Rush, Mortons etc.

See: Shedd Aquarium, Field Mueseum, Art Muesuem (check for free days they have alot on certain days, took the wife to Shedd and Art for free)

Take a stroll down Mag Mile

Go up to Wrigley grab a few beers

Go up to Lincoln park. Armitage/Halsted is a nice area to walk around and shop, eat, etc.

and to steal from JB take the boat tour. Never did it but heard it was great.

Just walk around the city. There is so much to look at and see. From Millenium Park, the Bean (you'll see), to the bridges, the buildings, etc.

Stay: Anywhere downtown. you'll want to walk to everything you wont have to touch your car for 3 days. Which doesnt matter cause you are still going to be spending $40 a night to keep it there ;-) ;) :wink:

If you want any more paticular info pm me. Also if you are adventurous and want to take a trip to the hands down best taqueria in the city let me know. Its a 30 minute train ride from downtown. But you can take the brown line and see the city and get the best carne asada ever. I have to warn you though, its a dump.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Take her for a horse-drawn carriage ride. She'll love it.

I typically pick up my Chicago hotels on Priceline or Hotwire. I've been able to score 3.5-4 star hotels for $125ish before. Just limit your neighborhoods to Loop or Magnificent Mile.

JB and Ziner's suggestions are all excellent. Gino's East pizza is good, but not worth "1-hour waiting outside in line" good.

If either of you like Italian food, the Rosebud is excellent. They have a few locations in the city.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:23 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:

Good one, Cant believe I didnt think of that. Hornet, you should seriously look in to that.

Oh one more thing. If you are thinking early July that would be cool because they have the Taste of Chicago going on. That is a darn good time except on weekends and the 3rd (fireworks) it is miserable then. If you can hit it up during a weekday it is a good time and fairly reasonable. Pick the tickets up from the grocery store on the way in though, they are alot cheaper. Once again more info pm me.

I am sure however that hotels will be much more expensive while it is goign on. Gets over the 5th of July.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:48 pm

This thread is further proof why this board rules. I am heading to Chicago this weekend to see the Indians at Wrigley. A lot of good suggestions, definitely will hit them up.

I am staying at the Palmer House Hilton right in downtown on E. Monroe. Anyone been there?

Also, anyone know if the Fireworks at Navy Pier are worth it?

Thanks in advance ! :cheers:
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Ziner wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:

Good one, Cant believe I didnt think of that. Hornet, you should seriously look in to that.

EB and Z - what if the horse ate Beff-a-reeno ?
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Ziner wrote:
Malnati's - Couple in the city (get the buttercrust and thank me later) malnatis is the best of the deep dish joints hands down.

Went to Malnati's two weeks ago last time I was there and ordered sausage, pepparoni, blk olive and roma tomatoes.

I'm pretty sure I saw God about the 3rd slice in.

hey, either one of you ever hit up the Regal Beagle downtown? Don't know why, but it cracks me up. Pure 3's Company motif.

Oh, and Goose ale 312 cats. 312. Have a couple of those and the Mag Mile will turn you into a credit card melting metro sexual on clothes/shoes.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 pm

jack_tors wrote:This thread is further proof why this board rules. I am heading to Chicago this weekend to see the Indians at Wrigley. A lot of good suggestions, definitely will hit them up.

I am staying at the Palmer House Hilton right in downtown on E. Monroe. Anyone been there?

If it is w/ in a mile of the river by Michigan ave you are golden.
jb

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:42 pm

One of the five best meals I've had in my life:

http://www.zed451.com/

Love Chicago. Been there 4-5 times for work, never for straight pleasure. Days always busy, never really been able to sightsee. Nights ... 7-8 hours of straight eating and drinking, and it's a great place to eat and drink.

Wife is going there with her cousin next weekend. I'm Mr Mom. Eff me.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:24 pm

jack_tors wrote:This thread is further proof why this board rules. I am heading to Chicago this weekend to see the Indians at Wrigley. A lot of good suggestions, definitely will hit them up.

Palmer House Hilton is a very nice hotel. Had an excellent, if pricy, breakfast buffet. It is down by Millennium Park and Grant Park, which is nice. Buckingham Fountain and the Bean are close. You'll be pretty close to the Art Institute and the Field Museum. Not as close to the Magnificent Mile, but it's still walkable depending on the weather. The buses are pretty easy down Michigan Ave, though.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:05 am

JB wrote:
Ziner wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:

EB and Z - what if the horse ate Beff-a-reeno ?

As long as the horse's name isn't Rusty, you should be fine!
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby View from 171 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:10 am

After dinner (and after dark) take your wife to the 95th floor of the John Hancock Tower for a few drinks. It is not cheap for a beer/drink but the atmosphere is cool and the view is sweet.
When everyone else is greedy, be cautious. When everyone is cautious, be greedy - Warren Buffett
View from 171

Favorite Player: Joe Carter
Least Favorite Player: Pappelboner

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:57 am

View from 171 wrote:After dinner (and after dark) take your wife to the 95th floor of the John Hancock Tower for a few drinks. It is not cheap for a beer/drink but the atmosphere is cool and the view is sweet.

Actually that is a good one too. It isnt as pricey as you think when you consider it is like 12-16 bucks or somethign to go up in the Sears tower. I always took people up in the Hancock, got what I think to be a better view and got 2 beers with my money instead. Stay up there all night and you will spend a boatload, go up for a beer or two and you get a nice view and a beer for the same price as the nice view at Sears...
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:15 am

No lie, I am disappointed in our former local Chi-towners. You peeps are dropping classic tourist things to do left and right, how about some real insight? The conceirge at the hotel could have pointed all of this stuff out. I love me some Chi-town but I know if someone comes to Boston I ain't going to tell them to take the damn duckboat tour or go up to Top of The Hub in the Prudential Building until I take them to some more legit areas.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:24 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:32 am

e0y2e3 wrote:No lie, I am disappointed in our former local Chi-towners. You peeps are dropping classic tourist things to do left and right, how about some real insight? The conceirge at the hotel could have pointed all of this stuff out. I love me some Chi-town but I know if someone comes to Boston I ain't going to tell them to take the damn duckboat tour or go up to Top of The Hub in the Prudential Building until I take them to some more legit areas.

If you want any more paticular info pm me. Also if you are adventurous and want to take a trip to the hands down best taqueria in the city let me know. Its a 30 minute train ride from downtown. But you can take the brown line and see the city and get the best carne asada ever. I have to warn you though, its a dump.

There is only so much you can tell someone on a message board about the intracacies of a city. If I was with Hornet, I would take him to other places but since he has never been there and likely doesnt know how to get around, what I would recommend is limited. Besides when you first go to a city most people want to do the touristy crap, not some random Germanfest or Art Fair 5 miles north of downtown. If he is staying downtown, most of his time should be spent hanging out downtown, and what is downtown is touristy things.

Hornet I also forgot one place if you like BBQ. Its called Smoque, it was on a Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on food network. Hands down best BBQ I've ever had. It will please EOy because it is off the beaten path, but completely accessible by the blue line.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks Ziner......
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:16 am

e0y2e3 wrote:No lie, I am disappointed in our former local Chi-towners. You peeps are dropping classic tourist things to do left and right, how about some real insight? The conceirge at the hotel could have pointed all of this stuff out. I love me some Chi-town but I know if someone comes to Boston I ain't going to tell them to take the damn duckboat tour or go up to Top of The Hub in the Prudential Building until I take them to some more legit areas.

I see what you mean.

If I were in a city as a tourest, I'd never want to do anything tourest.

Freak anything like historical sites in Boston.

I'd much rather go to Dorchetsre and get my car stolen ans ass kicked.

The South side of Chicago is really nice. Too bad the full Carbini-Green experience is no longer available.
jb

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:22 am

JB wrote:The South side of Chicago is really nice. Too bad the full Carbini-Green experience is no longer available.

I dont think it was knocked down yet, pretty sure it is full of squatters. Beautiful place. Everytime I drive by there I am still amazed at the 600K townhomes across the street. Not sure who bought them but sure hope they break the Chicago law and keep plenty of guns in their home. That is a rough, rough area.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 am

JB wrote:

I see what you mean.

The South side of Chicago is really nice. Too bad the full Carbini-Green experience is no longer available.

Well I seldom leave the Back Bay I had my first Dorchester experience over memorial day.

Ended up at the bar until 4AM, they just close the doors and ignore the law.

Different world down there (although there are some decent areas in Dorchester, it's not as bad as Roxbury).

Almost reminded me of Y-town.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:43 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
JB wrote:

I see what you mean.

Well I seldom leave the Back Bay I had my first Dorchester experience over memorial day.

Ended up at the bar until 4AM, they just close the doors and ignore the law.

Different world down there (although there are some decent areas in Dorchester, it's not as bad as Roxbury).

Almost reminded me of Y-town.

Sounds precisely what Hornet's wife would want to do on her 40th, eh? ;-)

I dunno. He could be Mr Winehouse I suppose.

& like Back Bay isn't commercial / tourest. Every stinkin' conference I 've ever been to in B-town is at those hotels. Love Boylston street though; in my touresty way of course. :dead:
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Depends on where you are in the Back Bay. My neighborhood is a legit neighborhood, my boy lives across from the Pru and that is tourist hell. He usually comes to my neighborhood to hang out.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:03 pm

hey, either one of you ever hit up the Regal Beagle downtown? Don't know why, but it cracks me up. Pure 3's Company motif.

Was there some kind of sexual misunderstanding in the bathroom while hanging up a shower curtain?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:23 am

Chicago really is an awesome time. Thanks to all who posted suggestions, I definitely used them.

Lou Malnati's pizza was great, spent an hour waiting for the pizza Friday night but it was worth it. Went with the butter crust pizza and glad I did as I never tasted a pizza like that before. I recommend it to anyone.

Did up a bratwurst at Wrigley Field, again a good choice. What a ballpark, easy to see why its considered a baseball Mecca. Watched the Indians take batting practice (Hafner hit the house across the street from the right field line) and then watch Wood blow it in the 13th. Great being an Indians fan..

Also did up Pizzeria Due (Pizza just sounded good). Got a medium sausage pizza and medium barbeque chicken pizza. Again, awesome food, so good I ate the left over for breakfast before hitting the road the next day..

I was very impressed with Chicago and would really like to go back soon.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby stonepm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:25 pm

I am in Chi about once a week for work. It is one of my favorite cities in the world. I do very little tourist stuff there.

This is a good place to get lunch. Go to the cafe downstairs, it is relatively cheap and you get a good sandwich.:
http://www.berghoff.com/

If I have a little extra time I end to do some pretty dorky things like these. Not always much to see but still kinda cool nonetheless:

Schermer HS where they filmed the Breakfast Club. Now a police station
9511 Harrison St.
Des Plaines, Illinois, United States

The Uncle Buck house
2604 Lincoln St. Evanston, Ill.

I went to Ray's Music Exchange once
http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/b/BluesBrothers.html

This was where the Valentine's Day Masscre happened. Its now a parking lot.
2122 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60614

Ernest Hemmingway house
http://www.ehfop.org/

And the History Museum is pretty awesome too.

Again, this stuff is pretty anti-climactic but still neat to see. I am a huge history dork and movie buff so this is what I am into. I've been to some pretty corny places all around the world and have actually stumbled on to some of the best times I have ever had.

Edit: If you plan to vsit some museums and such this can be a real moneysaver as it covers admission to alot of places:

http://www.smartdestinations.com/chicago-attractions-and-tours/_d_Chi-p1.html?pass=Chi_Prod_Go
Anything is possible in the life of a man if he lives long enough. Even adulthood.--Howell Raines
stonepm

Favorite Player: nobody right now
Least Favorite Player: karma

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Stonepm, how could you not include the Home Alone house in Winnetka. The wife begged me to go up there before xmas
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby stonepm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Ziner wrote:Stonepm, how could you not include the Home Alone house in Winnetka. The wife begged me to go up there before xmas

I had actually never been there. And...I didn't want to seem like too big of a loser. Besides, my post woulda been like 4 pages long if I woulda got into all the Ferris Bueller stuff too.

One thing I didn't mention is that everybody keeps asying about the Magnificent Mile...If you plan to take your wife shopping, be prepared to drop some serious $$$. One place to avoid though is American Girl Place. I went in there once to get something for my GF's daughter. It was really creepy. There were hundreds of girls in there was dressed exactly like her doll and I even saw a few of the mothers dressed like the kid who was dressed like the doll. I was waiting for heads to start spinning. It was weird. But it is not that far from Victoria's Secret and that may be a place you are inteested in.
Anything is possible in the life of a man if he lives long enough. Even adulthood.--Howell Raines
stonepm

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:15 pm

stonepm wrote:One thing I didn't mention is that everybody keeps asying about the Magnificent Mile...If you plan to take your wife shopping, be prepared to drop some serious $$$. One place to avoid though is American Girl Place. I went in there once to get something for my GF's daughter. It was really creepy. There were hundreds of girls in there was dressed exactly like her doll and I even saw a few of the mothers dressed like the kid who was dressed like the doll. I was waiting for heads to start spinning. It was weird. But it is not that far from Victoria's Secret and that may be a place you are inteested in.

The wife and I took some strolls along mag mile and we would pop in to Cartier or Burberry. Those places are amazing. Whoever spends $300 for a Burberry umbrella needs to be punched in the junk. You could feed a family of 4 for a month for that. I suppose rich people need to keep spending to keep the world moving, but I still find the people who buy that stuff extremely wasteful. I could care less how much money I have, I can not see myself ever buying a car over 60-70K, jeans for $300, or a burberry scarf for $200. Amazing.

Oh and hornet, if you want a cool experience, there is a Bentley/Lamborghini dealer right off the mag mile. They are extremely cool and more than happy to talk to visitors who have no interest in a vehicle. They are beautiful car, just awfully wasteful, but still fun to look at.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby stonepm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Ziner wrote:
stonepm wrote:One thing I didn't mention is that everybody keeps asying about the Magnificent Mile...If you plan to take your wife shopping, be prepared to drop some serious $$$. One place to avoid though is American Girl Place. I went in there once to get something for my GF's daughter. It was really creepy. There were hundreds of girls in there was dressed exactly like her doll and I even saw a few of the mothers dressed like the kid who was dressed like the doll. I was waiting for heads to start spinning. It was weird. But it is not that far from Victoria's Secret and that may be a place you are inteested in.

The wife and I took some strolls along mag mile and we would pop in to Cartier or Burberry. Those places are amazing. Whoever spends $300 for a Burberry umbrella needs to be punched in the junk. You could feed a family of 4 for a month for that. I suppose rich people need to keep spending to keep the world moving, but I still find the people who buy that stuff extremely wasteful. I could care less how much money I have, I can not see myself ever buying a car over 60-70K, jeans for $300, or a burberry scarf for $200. Amazing.

Oh and hornet, if you want a cool experience, there is a Bentley/Lamborghini dealer right off the mag mile. They are extremely cool and more than happy to talk to visitors who have no interest in a vehicle. They are beautiful car, just awfully wasteful, but still fun to look at.

Sorry, but I'm kinda guilty. I don't spend money on myself. I am actually pretty frugal/cheap(my last trip to Europe cost less than $1400 for 2 weeks and that included airfare, train tickets and hotels). But I do like to spoil the squaw. I paid $75 for a bathrobe for a 8 yr old and her stupid doll @ the American Girl Place. I also bought the GF a purse ( I won't tell you how much that cost) from the Coach store. That was something I never thought I would do in my life. Not to mention it was a dude salesman that sold me the purse. I myself think its silly, but I'm a sucker for blue eyes.
stonepm

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:39 pm

stonepm wrote:
Ziner wrote:

Sorry, but I'm kinda guilty. I don't spend money on myself. I am actually pretty frugal/cheap(my last trip to Europe cost less than $1400 for 2 weeks and that included airfare, train tickets and hotels). But I do like to spoil the squaw. I paid $75 for a bathrobe for a 8 yr old and her stupid doll @ the American Girl Place. I also bought the GF a purse ( I won't tell you how much that cost) from the Coach store. That was something I never thought I would do in my life. Not to mention it was a dude salesman that sold me the purse. I myself think its silly, but I'm a sucker for blue eyes.

$75 bucks for a child (no matter how stupid) if it makes them happy isnt extragant. Figure a PS3 costs $400 and if she was a boy she would want that. I have also bought Coach purses for the wife. I am just saying on myself, I cant see spending that kind of money on stuff for myself. I spent more than I ever imagined on a engagement ring so I am guilty as well... but just not for myself.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby stonepm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:05 pm

$75 bucks for a child (no matter how stupid) if it makes them happy isnt extragant. Figure a PS3 costs $400 and if she was a boy she would want that. I have also bought Coach purses for the wife. I am just saying on myself, I cant see spending that kind of money on stuff for myself. I spent more than I ever imagined on a engagement ring so I am guilty as well... but just not for myself.

We are the same. When it comes to them, I don't really care how much it costs. I don't spend hardly anything on myself, just not interested in it I guess. I get most of my clothes from the goodwill and drive a 2001 Buick (not exactly a cool car). Hell, I hang my clothes outside on a line so I don't have to use the dryer. But that's just me.

BTW, she has a Wii.
stonepm

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Sluggers after the game, hit the batting cages upstairs.

Giordanos deep dish.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby hornet84 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Thanks for all the input fellas. Chicago is not happening this year. We will be staying local and spending time with the kids. Probably hitting the Rock Hall and heading downtown for dinner. Any suggestions for CTown dining ?
hornet84
Big Mon

Favorite Player: The Big Show
Least Favorite Player: Bud Selig

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:21 pm

hornet84 wrote:Thanks for all the input fellas. Chicago is not happening this year. We will be staying local and spending time with the kids. Probably hitting the Rock Hall and heading downtown for dinner. Any suggestions for CTown dining ?

Lola, Blue Point, Mortons my three favorites downtown. Brasa is a cool experience as well.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Swerb wrote:
hornet84 wrote:Thanks for all the input fellas. Chicago is not happening this year. We will be staying local and spending time with the kids. Probably hitting the Rock Hall and heading downtown for dinner. Any suggestions for CTown dining ?

Lola, Blue Point, Mortons my three favorites downtown. Brasa is a cool experience as well.

One Walnut
XO
Ginza Sushi and Steakhouse (near the Jake)
http://www.ginzasushi.com/menu.htm
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Hot dog food cart like in the hastily made C-town tourism video.

John Q's is still my fav for bang for the buck if $ is an issue.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:51 pm

Good luck and fun down there, I hear they will be giving away some big prizes for the 50th visitor.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry