Text Size

No Holds Barred

"You know what really grinds my gears..."

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: "You know what really grinds my gears..."

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:
Pup wrote:I am not saying you should stay open late, but if someone breaks their controller at 8:45 and hauls ass to your store to get a new one, and you don't sell them one, they ain't coming back tomorrow. They are going somewhere else. Not as big of a deal to you, since you don't get percentages of the profits and all that, but if enough people were to call the owner and complain, you would have some explaining to do.

I'm not "denying" them business. I locked the doors and closed the gates at 9 PM. I'm not locking the doors and closing the gates as their running towards the entrance, LOL. That'd be f'n hilarious. Nor am I letting them in and denying them business at the counter.

As a reminder, I don't YELL at the customers. I don't tell them to go away. I simply watch them be idiots and try to get through a locked door and metal gates.

If they do call and complain, I don't give two shits. We close at 9. You missed the boat. It's as simple as that.

This has happened SO MANY times during my 5 years with the company, and I have yet to be notified of a customer complaint.

How about knowing store hours? Bill you are doing everything right, the arguement of, "wait till you have a real job," is a strawman. When you get a real adult job, you'll treat it like a real adult job, and the real adult problems that happen at closing/late Friday will be dealt with in a real adult manner. Too bad go get your F'ing controller somewhere else... Hopefully they are closed too...

lol, when I worked at Levin putting myself thru school people would always walk in 5 minutes b4 store closing and spend 30 minutes to an hour trying to wear down our Sales Associates/Front Desk/Manager into a better deal. There are just as mannner d-bag consumers as there are terrible retail employees.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:03 pm

BDFD wrote:- The Steelers and their fans

Game, set, match...

+Alot
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby pup » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Mondays
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:51 pm

RC wrote:I'm in a little bit of a different situation when it comes to the robbery thing.

In my profession I'm basically making appointments and going to people's houses all day. I also do door-to-door sales. I actually have an appointment tonight at 6PM (better quit goofing off and get ready to do my job).

So yeah, when I'm in a not so great part of town I'm constantly on the lookout to see if I'm going to get robbed/carjacked/whatever. It's one of the reasons why I drive a beat up 99 Honda Civic for my job.

A friend of mine in this business did get robbed right in between two houses in broad daylight. Nobody saw anything or so it was said. Luckily he was fine but it's the reasons why a lot of things in customer service are the way they are.

Are you a low end giggalo , RC ?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Orenthal wrote:

Game, set, match...

+Alot

You have to qualify that.

The INbrde and their Ohio Frontrunning fans.

Or Lubber being a poseur.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:54 pm

General wrote:I hate the cig butt thing, My wife and I will be sitting at the beach and some idiot goes into the Gulf with a cig in his mouth...well do the math, it always ends up in the water. Or I have actually heard this from some of these pigs, "...well, it's just sand, like an ashtray". Ass.

Better than the used condoms and tampon applicators that we used to have to swim with as a kid off E 200th street beach.

Crap, a used butt (not like Jim J Bullock, but that cancer stick) also beats a dead sheephead.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 pm

JB wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

Game, set, match...

+Alot

Had to run into a couple of them today, was nice and polite, but it got irritating hearing them brag about how easy and carefree it was to be a Steeler fans, and on and on. :fu:

To quote St. Woody Hayes "Anything easy, ain't worth a damn". ;).

May I add Faux Rednex get on my nerves mighty quick, nothing like some a-hole riding on you in his Truck taking up 80% of the road, oh and he has an Inbred Logo on the back of his plates. :thud:
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Triple-S wrote:
JB wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

Game, set, match...

+Alot

Had to run into a couple of them today, was nice and polite, but it got irritating hearing them brag about how easy and carefree it was to be a Steeler fans, and on and on. :fu:

To quote St. Woody Hayes "Anything easy, ain't worth a damn". ;).

May I add Faux Rednex get on my nerves mighty quick, nothing like some a-hole riding on you in his Truck taking up 80% of the road, oh and he has an Inbred Logo on the back of his plates. :thud:

The best thing about these necks in these big trucks looking down on you, is usually they are scrawny 150 lb dudes with their 275 lb girlfriends. The truck usually has an 88 Amp/National Guard sticker in one corner of the window, or a 3 with a halo over it in the other, with a Harley Davidson logo in the middle.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:44 pm

People who STILL fly the Confederate flag. Especialy here in Ohio, a NORTHERN STATE. Most of these morons are too dumb to realize Ohio sent more volunteers to the Union cause than any other state from the Union.

"The South Will Rise Again" stickers are also really stupid. You lost get over it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:03 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:People who STILL fly the Confederate flag. Especialy here in Ohio, a NORTHERN STATE. Most of these morons are too dumb to realize Ohio sent more volunteers to the Union cause than any other state from the Union.

"The South Will Rise Again" stickers are also really stupid. You lost get over it.

Confederate Flag = Nascar's Alternate Logo
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby RC » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:57 pm

JB wrote:
RC wrote:I'm in a little bit of a different situation when it comes to the robbery thing.

In my profession I'm basically making appointments and going to people's houses all day. I also do door-to-door sales. I actually have an appointment tonight at 6PM (better quit goofing off and get ready to do my job).

So yeah, when I'm in a not so great part of town I'm constantly on the lookout to see if I'm going to get robbed/carjacked/whatever. It's one of the reasons why I drive a beat up 99 Honda Civic for my job.

A friend of mine in this business did get robbed right in between two houses in broad daylight. Nobody saw anything or so it was said. Luckily he was fine but it's the reasons why a lot of things in customer service are the way they are.

Low end? I'm hurt. :cheers:

Nah, I sell cable services. Pays better than any of the computer jobs I've ever had.

And it's all thanks to that nifty little Do Not Call lists. Door to Door sales is making a huge comeback.

Also, when the economy goes in the crapper, they actually buy more of the services I provide since they are home more and not going on vacation.
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Unread postby jb » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:51 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:People who STILL fly the Confederate flag. Especialy here in Ohio, a NORTHERN STATE. Most of these morons are too dumb to realize Ohio sent more volunteers to the Union cause than any other state from the Union.

+ 1

This is as dumb as Ohions who have UM stickers.

Maybe we should get on cafe press and sell "Union 1 Confederacy 0" stickers?

War Ohio Generals Sherman & Grant
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:54 am

RC wrote:
JB wrote:

Low end? I'm hurt. :cheers:

Only becasue of the neighborhoods cited. ;-)

Hey, you think it'd be worthwhile to drum up a mahoning valley area contingent to watch some cavs' playoff games out come post season?
jb

Unread postby RC » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 pm

JB wrote:Hey, you think it'd be worthwhile to drum up a mahoning valley area contingent to watch some cavs' playoff games out come post season?

As long as I'm around here in the Valley (have to do a lot of work in PA close to Pittspuke) I'm game for a couple of playoff games.
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:42 pm

RC wrote:
JB wrote:Hey, you think it'd be worthwhile to drum up a mahoning valley area contingent to watch some cavs' playoff games out come post season?

As long as I'm around here in the Valley (have to do a lot of work in PA close to Pittspuke) I'm game for a couple of playoff games.

Ditto
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:26 pm

StewieG wrote:
RC wrote:

Ditto

I'll start PMing you and some cats who list as Y town. Maybe we can get Soul Dawg out and find a bar that doesn't ID for kramer.
jb

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Being broke.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:38 am

+100

Those things infuriate me to no end. Those idiots are supporting a large group of people who led AN ARMED INSURRECTION AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT.... TO KEEP SLAVERY. There is no gray area there, at all. But sure, keep flying the stars and bars to support such a great, great cause. Friggin inbreds, they probably root for the Steelers too.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:10 pm

jack_tors wrote:

+100

Those things infuriate me to no end. Those idiots are supporting a large group of people who led AN ARMED INSURRECTION AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT.... TO KEEP SLAVERY. There is no gray area there, at all. But sure, keep flying the stars and bars to support such a great, great cause. Friggin inbreds, they probably root for the Steelers too.

Auctually dead on, on that.

Keep saying it, If you're an Inbred fan in Ohio, You're either a fat chick, white trash or a nerd who played third oboe in the HS band.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:15 pm

People.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby jb » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:21 am

Eric Wedge
jb

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Umpires who start off the 3rd inning by saying "I've been away for 2 years, do you think that was a balk?"
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:15 pm

jack_tors wrote:

+100

The thing that really kills me, if you ask some hillbilly why they fly the Cofederate flag they say "It's our heritage"....Bullshit, your "heritage" only lasted from 1861-1865 That makes so sense at all. I would'nt call a massive defeat "heritage", only thing that happend was a bunch of good o'l boys got killed and the south was forced to beg on bended knee for the mercy of the North.

I had a Confederate flag....for about an hour we used it to light a bon fire. I wipe my ass with the "Stars and Bars".
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote: I would'nt call a massive defeat "heritage"

This quote belongs in a Browns thread.

Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:46 am

I got an easy one:

ESPN's message board Trolls or just trolls in general

If you've ever been to say, the Browns forums, automatically, some Inbred has found his way to the computer and started some lame thread like "6 SUPER BOLES!" (misspelled on purpose.), and in general having to search through the crap is annoying. The smack is both weak and lame, and reaks of some one who has a 6th grade education. I recall a Ratbird fan trying to reference Art Donovan "leaving the Browns" and winning multiple titles with the Colts? Uh, one problem, He never played for us. That gets old, that and reading a thread about, lets say who the Browns are going to draft or something, and suddenly you read about some troll bragging "6 soooper boles!"

Smack talk, when done well is pretty funny and one of the great things about being a sports fan. Huge reason why I'm a fan of Jim Rome is because of the well done smack. But when it's done by a mental midget who snuck unto the library computer in between reading "Pat the bunny", misspelling every other word and bragging about championships they had no part in, other than watching them on TV or googled 5 weeks ago,it's just weak and annoying.

No one cares that you're stupid team won one of 12 a championships in 1908, no one cares about some old image of James Harrision slamming some Drunk guy into the ground and then you typing at the bottom in all caps "HAHAHAHAHAHA STOOOPID CLOWNS FANS, GO STILLERS!". No one came to read that crap. Go start your own forums or go post at inbrednation.com. I'm sure they'll hail you as the next great comic genius in the vain of their idol "Larry the Cable Guy".

Huge reason why I like this place and fans247 is because of the lack of these type of forums users on the site. And if they do show up, someone like JB or Mitch is quickly on them and owns them into the next stone age

Triple-S

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:13 am

platitudes like "it's all gone pear shaped"

any hackneyed expression annoys me especially that one ^^^^
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:58 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:platitudes like "it's all gone pear shaped"

any hackneyed expression annoys me especially that one ^^^^

"It is what it is."

You can say that and it sounds deep , but it is so inane.
jb

Unread postby General » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:23 am

Misspelled words in official company correspondence.

:spanky:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby bw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Wives who don't understand Newton's most fundemental Law of Motion -- Righty tightie, leftie loosey.

Especially when I'm stealthing around the kitchen at midnight trying to make a PB & J and the duchess has the twistie-tie on the bread backwards and I'm fumbling with it because I'm tightening it instead of loosening it.
bw

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue May 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Consistently meeting girls I am actually attracted to, who I actually love talking to and talk back mutually, but find out eventually that they're already dating somebody. Usually, a douchebag.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue May 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Woooooaaaah, woah woah..........

we lost?
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Hey, nice sig Tribe.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue May 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Skins on the wall. I'll sport this for a few weeks then go back to the dome patrol.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue May 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:Skins on the wall. I'll sport this for a few weeks then go back to the dome patrol.

Skin? Like a printed out skin stickered to an actual wall? If so, cool.

No problem. contagious216 and I don't expect you to have it as your sig the rest of your TCF career. Keep it for your records though. Keep it close to your heart...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue May 05, 2009 2:02 pm

It's a like an i.d., a free permit to f_ck shit up. I'm going to keep it in my back pocket.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue May 05, 2009 2:08 pm

Cop: Sorry, son. You're under arrest for the murder of Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics.

You: Oh, it's cool man. I'm the 2009 TCF Rock Band Draft Champion.

Cop: [Nods head] Carry on.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue May 05, 2009 2:39 pm

- The phrase "________ gets it" when applied to the Browns. Very popular in the 'Cooler. "I like Mangini! He seems like he gets it!" Gets what? What the fuck does that even mean?

- NBA fans who think David Stern rigs results, pulls strings and picks winners from deep in his underground lair. If you think the league is rigged up, why the hell would you even watch?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri May 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Avery Johnson's accent... if it is an accent.

I cannot stand how that man talks. I would have killed myself if I had to listen to him coach me and my peers for a whole season or two.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Inspector Butters » Fri May 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Totally with you Bill...

In relating to this, I currently work in a call center. So all day long, it's hearing people bitch and whine. And asking for exceptions we cannot grant.

A word to the wise when you call up the call centers... be NICE to the people on the other end of the line. They did not personally cause your problem, so don't act like they did. And remember, they are the ones trying to help you, so it makes no sense to yell at them. They can hang up if you act like an asshole. So don't do it. Just be nice, even if it's a major problem. It will make a world of difference I assure you, now that I've been on the other end of the line.

To keep with the thread:

What grinds my gears....

People who honk at you when the light is green but you can't turn because the other lanes are backed up and if you went, you would be blocking the intersection, creating more problems and opening yourself to the cops giving you a ticket.

Does it look I can fucking go? No. So stop honking.
"In Cleveland? Why, I didn't know we still had a team!"

"Yep, we got uniforms and everything."
Inspector Butters

Favorite Player: Cabrera and Cribbs

Unread postby jfiling » Fri May 29, 2009 8:50 am

Right now, people who pronounce Dwight Howard's first name like it has two syllables. If someone says "Duh-white" in my presence I swear I'll cut their tongue out.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Guest » Fri May 29, 2009 9:16 am

jfiling wrote:Right now, people who pronounce Dwight Howard's first name like it has two syllables. If someone says "Duh-white" in my presence I swear I'll cut their tongue out.

Try living down South (and with a proper Southern Wife).

Most of them can make "Jim" into at least three syllables.

Unread postby Cease » Fri May 29, 2009 9:40 am

After a weekend on the road, I was reminded of:

-People who don't understand the social agreement that is "Travel in the right lane, pass in the left lane." Get out of my way.
-At an accident, when everyone gets in one lane, so that we can all get through this safely and quickly, and some numbnut blows past everyone in the berm or the open lane. I hate this guy.
-At same accident, when there's a two mile single-file start-and-stop backup and the guy behind me passes me. FOR WHAT? In the words of some Metallica guy, "I wanted to end him."
-Serial Michigan haters- fyi- it's a damn good school and not everyone cares about football.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:52 pm

. . . people who want to label a 66-win nba team as "just another loser team". ugh!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:23 am

Bill the Butcher wrote:Avery Johnson's accent... if it is an accent.

I cannot stand how that man talks. I would have killed myself if I had to listen to him coach me and my peers for a whole season or two.

Not an accent, just how he talks. My vote for the worst voice is Eric Young of Baseball Tonight.

And while were on the topic of TV analysts. I hate Trent Dilfer. Oh, now that he's on ESPN he acts like he's god's gift to the QB position. Trent, this just in, you were terrible. You got your ring because of one of the best defenses in history. Quit being a smug asshole.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby CP » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:45 pm

What really grinds my gears:

-Friends who feel the need to Facebook status EVERYTHING. From waking up, to taking a dump, to what they had for dinner, to announcing to everyone that they know that they are now divorced.

-Guys who come out to the bar, take a drink as each person buys a round, and then leaves when it is their turn.

-American companies continuing to outsource customer service to India.

-Indian people who try to call themselves American names, as if I can't tell. "Hi, I am Mike. Pleasure to by meet with your acquaintance sir." Guy's real name probably has 17 consonants in it.

-Music snobs. We all know them. The guys who don't like anything unless no one in the group has actually heard of them or who constantly proclaim to have owned now-popular CDs from before they were cut.

-People who know nothing about sports but insist on commentating on the game, particularly applies to friends' spouses. "What just happened there? Did Hafner really hit the ball 6 feet with the bases loaded? Even I know that's bad."
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:08 am

CP wrote:What really grinds my gears:

-Friends who feel the need to Facebook status EVERYTHING. From waking up, to taking a dump, to what they had for dinner, to announcing to everyone that they know that they are now divorced.

+1

What also pisses me off is that most users don't utilize proper grammar in their statuses (stati?). For example -- "John Doe is SUNNNYY DAYYY!!1!1!". If John Doe wasn't an idiot he would have put, "John Doe is enjoying this sunny day."

Morons.

-People who know nothing about sports but insist on commentating on the game, particularly applies to friends' spouses. "What just happened there? Did Hafner really hit the ball 6 feet with the bases loaded? Even I know that's bad."

Ugh. Had a few over the past (awesome) Cavalier season. Some to the point where he/she gets pissed off when Ben Wallace misses a free throw. Ummm, you do know Ben Wallace SUCKS at free throws, right? Didn't think so. GTFO.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:03 pm

CP wrote:-Indian people who try to call themselves American names, as if I can't tell. "Hi, I am Mike. Pleasure to by meet with your acquaintance sir." Guy's real name probably has 17 consonants in it.

i hear ya. my sister used to be married to an indian and his name was krishnamurthi, but he just went by "chris".
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:37 am

People who run in the street when there's sidewalk on either side of them. I mean what's the fucking point of the sidewalk then? You paid for it. Use it.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:20 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:People who run in the street when there's sidewalk on either side of them. I mean what's the fucking point of the sidewalk then? You paid for it. Use it.

That's a tough one there. I used to run, and I know that asphalt actually has a tiny bit of give to it, while concrete has none. I always ran in a park, but would never dream of running on sidewalks, which will just destroy your knees. That said, most people here run on the sidewalks, which I'll never understand.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:42 pm

jfiling wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:People who run in the street when there's sidewalk on either side of them. I mean what's the fucking point of the sidewalk then? You paid for it. Use it.

That's a tough one there. I used to run, and I know that asphalt actually has a tiny bit of give to it, while concrete has none. I always ran in a park, but would never dream of running on sidewalks, which will just destroy your knees. That said, most people here run on the sidewalks, which I'll never understand.

That, and have you seen sidewalks in most places? Cracked, jutting up, crumbling...totally unsafe. I don't like driving when people are running in the street, but I can't blame them for doing it.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred