Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Dexter - Season 4

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Dexter - Season 4

Unread postby Guest » Thu May 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Just like the 24 - Season 8 thread...a place for all the news and rumors about our favorite serial killer.

From EW...John Lithgow is going to be this year's Baddie to toy with/get murdered by Dexter.

====================================

Sources confirm that John Lithgow is joining the season 4 cast as Walter Simmons, an unassuming suburbanite who has been living a dual life as one of America’s most prolific and deadliest serial killers. When the mad man (who is dubbed the "Trinity Killer" because he always kills in threes) relocates to Miami, Dexter becomes obsessed (or inspired?) by his efficient killing methods and ability to evade capture for almost three decades.

Dexter's fourth season premieres on Sept. 27. Additionally, Keith Carradine is reprising his role as Deb's daddy-figure ex, F.B.I. Special Agent Frank Lundy, for multiple episodes.

=====================================

:woot:

And True Blood starts back in three weeks (June 14), and those who have seen the first four episodes say that it's even better than last year.

:clap:

Re: Dexter - Season 4

Unread postby consigliere » Thu May 28, 2009 6:02 pm

Wow, nice get with Lithgow. Still love his work in Richochet as that whacked out dude trying to frame Denzel. The only one better would have been Malcovich.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu May 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Looking forward to the addition of Lithgow. I liked season 3, although many of my friends did not. Also, I hear the story line will begin 6 months after the wedding of Dexter and Rita.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby waborat » Fri May 29, 2009 6:55 am

Thx for the update Mitch...

Glad to see Lundy will be back as well...

My wife's countin' down the days to True Blood
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby swerb » Fri May 29, 2009 12:30 pm

Let me just echo the propers to Mitch for the great updates on our favorite shows.

Also on the casting of Lithgow.

:thumb up:
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Sat May 30, 2009 2:45 pm

I can't wait for this season. Dexter is probably my favorite show on TV.

Sunday nights can really get rolling. Family Guy, True Blood, Entourage, Dexter...it's like Christmas once a week.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Just wanted to drop in and say I just started watching this show on demand with AT&T U-verse. Really like the show. Hall plays an excellent character. I've only watched the first two episodes so far. I really enjoyed the movie Boondock Saints and see a lot of that in this show.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:52 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:Just wanted to drop in and say I just started watching this show on demand with AT&T U-verse. Really like the show. Hall plays an excellent character. I've only watched the first two episodes so far. I really enjoyed the movie Boondock Saints and see a lot of that in this show.

Enjoy, it only gets better from there. I think the first season is one of the best first seasons of any tv show ever made.

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:01 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:06 am

Still waiting to download Season 3. I miss Dokes already. I trust the writers and producers, but I still hate that they killed him off. :thumbdown:

Michael C. Hall is the shiznit.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:10 pm

And the first LONG preview (3 1/2 minutes) is available.

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/comiccon ... c_facebook

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:29 am

That preview is awesome.
I can't wait.

Unread postby dmiles » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:13 pm

I too just got the ATT U-Verse package which has all 3 seasons on and started watching Season 1. My wife had a kind of "what's this" attitude about it, but after sitting with me is more hooked than me. I think from Friday-Sunday we both got in another 4-5 episodes. I am up through episode 10 I think, and should finish out Season 1 in the next couple of days.

That U-Verse on demand is pretty convenient, and I was expecting to have to pay but apparently if you are a subscriber it's all included.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:49 am

Just a few days away.
Best show on TV.

Unread postby Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:54 am

FightDr wrote:Just a few days away.
Best show on TV.

Looking forward to it.

Especially considering what I'm sure my mood will be like after watching the Browns game earlier. :gah:

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Thanks to U-verse I watched all 3 seasons as I didn't have showtime before moving to the latest digs. Now having to wait to watch it is killing me.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby swerb » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Lithgow is gonna be great as The Trinity Killer.

Interesting mess Dex has to get out of early with the body in the back of the wrecked vehicle.

Trying to think of what the angle is in Angel nailing Maria. Will not end well. All kinds of hints in Episode 1.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:03 am

Unlike last season (or even Season 2), this season has put the pedal to the metal right off the bat.

-Lundy being back. Not only for being Dexter's help in tracking Trinity, but complicating things with Deb/Anton. And I somehow get the feeling that in the back of Lundy's mind, he may have some doubts about Doaks' guilt...which would mean that he still might wonder about Dexter being the BHB.

-Dexter's sleep deprivation. Looking at the scenes for next week, that missing body part could be huge. In any case, the whole dynamics of life in suburbia is going to be mucking with him all season.

-Angel/Laguerta. This will definitely get ugly...and soon. Add to that Quinn's early fascination with the reporter...whom I predict will be in the cross-hairs of Trinity

-Lithgow. Man, this look like the best villain yet. He is one twisted mofo (the shower scene with him scalding himself). Almost horror level scenes with the killings, which never happened before. That scene in the previews with him forcing a mother to kill herself in a fall? Terrifying.

Great to have it back on. Something to look forward to each Sunday to start the cleansing process to wash away the weekly stench of the Browns.

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:08 am

Good premier. Lots of subplots and places for characters to develop. I'm excited about Sundays again. Picked up a new TV, HD is sweet.

Off Topic:
Californication premiered as well. Hank Moody is the man. Love that show too.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby swerb » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 am

Mitch wrote:Lundy being back. Not only for being Dexter's help in tracking Trinity, but complicating things with Deb/Anton. And I somehow get the feeling that in the back of Lundy's mind, he may have some doubts about Doaks' guilt...which would mean that he still might wonder about Dexter being the BHB.

No question Mitch. Don't know if they are just teasing us with those innuendos, or if it becomes part of the plot line this season. Based on Dexter's response ("Shit") when he first saw Lundy, I'm hoping for the latter.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby dmiles » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:16 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:Good premier. Lots of subplots and places for characters to develop. I'm excited about Sundays again. Picked up a new TV, HD is sweet.

Off Topic:

Alrighty then that was a lot of fun last night. One of my wife's young impoverished teacher friends apparently watched all these on itunes to get caught up and now will be a regular our house on Sunday's as she's hooked and doesn't have showtime. The more the merrier.

First time I've looked forward to Sunday nights this much since that Soprano's/Deadwood nights. How much Californication would I have to get caught up on?
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby swerb » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:06 pm

dmiles wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:Good premier. Lots of subplots and places for characters to develop. I'm excited about Sundays again. Picked up a new TV, HD is sweet.

Off Topic:

Alrighty then that was a lot of fun last night. One of my wife's young impoverished teacher friends apparently watched all these on itunes to get caught up and now will be a regular our house on Sunday's as she's hooked and doesn't have showtime. The more the merrier.

First time I've looked forward to Sunday nights this much since that Soprano's/Deadwood nights. How much Californication would I have to get caught up on?

Two seasons? They go quick dmiles. 25 min apiece, 10 episodes? Can do it in a couple weeks. Well worth it. Great, great comedy.

Californication, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Entourage ... all three are off the charts, laugh out loud funny. As good as anything that's been done on TV since Seinfeld. Really look forward to all three.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:50 pm

"Looks like you have quite the fire helmet down there, I'm more of an ant eater"
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby waborat » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Swerb wrote:Lithgow is gonna be great as The Trinity Killer.

Interesting mess Dex has to get out of early with the body in the back of the wrecked vehicle.

Trying to think of what the angle is in Angel nailing Maria. Will not end well. All kinds of hints in Episode 1.

Did you post this while next week's previews were still playing???

BTW, excellent start to season IV...

Understand that a major character goes down possibly early???
waborat

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:05 am

Love Lithgow. Guy plays the whacked out killer great. Still love him in his role in Richochet.

Did not see the previews since the download I got off the internet did not include it, but have to wonder how Dexter gets out of this mess with the crashed car with the body in the back. Did not see tonight's episode yet, but looking forward to it.

By the way, is Laguarta possibly the next victim for Lithgow? No reason, but feel for some reason this thing with her and Batista sets up something somehow with the Trinity Killer.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:27 pm

Finally watched episode two last night. So, am I correct in that the Trinity killer is appearing in Dexter's new suburban neighborhood? Wonder if Rita will be his third target. Or if one of the other two main female leads Deb or LaGuerta? Either way, I see a triangle of sorts being set up with one of the couples and that female biting it this year. Trinity-Dexter-Rita, Trinity-LaGuerta-Angel, Trinitey-Deb-Anton. Heck, the Deb one is more complex in that it would also involve Dexter and Lundy.
consigliere

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:04 pm

Consigliere wrote:Finally watched episode two last night. So, am I correct in that the Trinity killer is appearing in Dexter's new suburban neighborhood? Wonder if Rita will be his third target. Or if one of the other two main female leads Deb or LaGuerta? Either way, I see a triangle of sorts being set up with one of the couples and that female biting it this year. Trinity-Dexter-Rita, Trinity-LaGuerta-Angel, Trinitey-Deb-Anton. Heck, the Deb one is more complex in that it would also involve Dexter and Lundy.

Could be. We already know who victim #2 is based on episode 2 and the trailer where she falls to her death. All we know about victim 3 (from Lundy) is that she's bludgeoned to death. No M.O. like in the first 2 killings; young female in the bathtub and married mother falling to her death. Could totally see Rita being victim #3 setting off the final couple episodes as Dexter vs. Trinity.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Weak episode IMO. Too much neighborhood watch stuff going on, not enough Dexter slicing people up. We also got confirmation on the 3rd victim; a MALE is bludgeoned to death. Throwing my money on Lundy being #3 but don't know if Trinity will actually kill him or if Dexter will save him beforehand.

Guesses as to the Trinity scene with the whiskey/wine: He's re-killing his family in every cycle. Not saying that he killed them initially, just that the grief afterward (from 30 years ago) has taken him from unstable to psychopathic killer and he's re-creating how his family was killed/murdered. Gonna say that his father killed his sister/mother, which is why the female deaths aren't as violent as the last, and that Trinity killed his father by bludgeoning him to death, then went on his 30-year odyssey of recreation.
Last edited by rebelwithoutaclue on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:38 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote: We also got confirmation on the 3rd victim; a MALE is bludgeoned to death. Throwing my money on Lundy being #3 but don't know if Trinity will actually kill him or if Dexter will save him beforehand.

Guesses as to the Trinity scene with the whiskey/wine: He's re-killing his family in every cycle. Not saying that he killed them initially, just that the grief afterward (from 30 years ago) has taken him from unstable to psychopathic killer and he's re-creating how his family was killed/murdered. Gonna say that his father killed his sister/mother, which is why the female deaths aren't as violent as the last, and that Trinity killed his father by bludgeoning him to death, then went on his 30-year odyssey or recreation.

Agree for the most part.

My guess is that the father was molesting the daughter, driving her to kill herself, and possibly telling the mother about daddy's diddling, which drove the mother to toss herself off a tall building. Young Trinity found out the truth and bashed Dad's skull in.

My other pure speculation is that this happend when Trinity was still a minor, hence he's never shown up on a database as his record was expunged when he was released at 21. At that point he started his ritual...or perhaps a few years later. Trinity is at least 55, so the first kills in Miami would have been when he was around 25...so the 30 year old Miami killings weren't his family (besides,we've previously determined that the 30 year old bathroom killing was someone he stalked, pinning the blame on the husband).

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:56 am

While there was a certain slowness this week I thought the dark jokes were great.

And Maskuka in the giant truck with the country music was a hoot.....
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby swerb » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Didn't have a chance to post after last weeks episode, but my first thoughts were that it was a calm before the storm episode. And it was. Great episode tonight. The cat and mouse with the family murdering hottie cop was excellent. And Trinity whacking Lundy sets up the Dexter/Trinity cat and mouse game to finish out the season.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:21 pm

Are we 100% it was Trinity who shot Deb & Lundy? I tend to think so, but I'm not ruling out Anton just yet. We didn't see the shooter and that should mean that they don't want us to be certain. I know Trinity said something like "he knows me", but wouldn't someone chasing him be a bit of a thrill for a serial killer.

Regardless...I was definitely shocked that Lundy got shot.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:59 am

I agree...I think there is a very good chance that it was Anton, and that Deb wasn't supposed to get hit, just a missed shot.

OTOH, I was completely convinced that Trinity was going to bludgeon Lundy to death to complete his cycle, being that the third victim was always a middle aged white man (his daddy).

Still blown away by how good of an actor Lithgow is. That scene outside a bar where he provokes someone into beating him up? Downright creepy.

Also glad to see Dexter back into the killing business. Love the little smirk and the "surpise!" comment when the bad cop/babe was attacking him, only to find out he was much better at martial arts than her.

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Rita is really going to F-up Dex's mojo, the apartment thing is gonna screw him. Did Deb see the shooter?
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:12 am

Erie Warrior wrote:Rita is really going to F-up Dex's mojo, the apartment thing is gonna screw him. Did Deb see the shooter?

I don't think she did. Seemed like she got shot from behind without realizing, then looked down to see herself bleeding from her side. After she dropped, Lundy dropped and the guy ran from behind to "rob" him. I don't think it was Trinity that killed him. Just doesn't seem like something he'd do. At this point, he's a prisoner of his routine and if Lundy were the next victim, he would have been bludgeoned.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:12 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote: I don't think it was Trinity that killed him. Just doesn't seem like something he'd do. At this point, he's a prisoner of his routine and if Lundy were the next victim, he would have been bludgeoned.

My counter to that is that Trinity was worried, for the first time he was found out, and might act irrationally. Is one of the clues that Dexter was stalking that same building next week? Couldn't quite tell from from next week's previews. The robbing of lundy, could have been a weak attempt to look like the "vacation" robber(s).
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Spolier alert.....just saw a clip on Sho.com with a 40-sec piece of next week's episode. I agree with Mitch that Lithgow is creepy, and that scene from next week is even creepier than the bar scene. But in that scene he looks troubled and stunned it that Lundy was killed. I believe it was not Trinity who killed him and am on the Anton side of the camp. If not Anton, maybe it is a yet to be revealed characted (as was the case last season with the Skinner).
consigliere

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:54 pm

One thing is for sure at least with Lundy gone it gets Dexter off the hook somewhat.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Consigliere wrote:Spolier alert.....just saw a clip on Sho.com with a 40-sec piece of next week's episode. I agree with Mitch that Lithgow is creepy, and that scene from next week is even creepier than the bar scene. But in that scene he looks troubled and stunned it that Lundy was killed. I believe it was not Trinity who killed him and am on the Anton side of the camp. If not Anton, maybe it is a yet to be revealed characted (as was the case last season with the Skinner).

I just don't think it could be Anton. Nothing he's done in the series' suggests he could be capable of murder (not like that matters as writers can do a 180 pretty easily). He started out as an un-documented informant who played guitar and smoked a little grass, then got sliced by the Skinner. Now he's with Deb and is jealous of her relationship with Lundy, and rightly so. If anything I think it might be the real "vacation killer" who got mad when he saw the big headlines of the FBI agent on vacation, with not much mention of him. This now sets up Dexter to go after Lundy's killer and Trinity at the same time.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby dmiles » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:16 pm

Very interesting twist last night. Now Dexter has some reason to keep it going for some episodes while he figures out what makes Trinity tick. Really cool him knowing now though should set up some interesting shows.

Did he get all of the video out of the security room? Meaning I am curious if he'll be seen on some video as in "what the hell were doing there" type questioning. Even then he could probably get away with it by admitting anger over his sister caused him to take some of Lundy's evidence which pointed to that hotel.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 am

dmiles wrote:Very interesting twist last night. Now Dexter has some reason to keep it going for some episodes while he figures out what makes Trinity tick. Really cool him knowing now though should set up some interesting shows.

Did he get all of the video out of the security room? Meaning I am curious if he'll be seen on some video as in "what the hell were doing there" type questioning. Even then he could probably get away with it by admitting anger over his sister caused him to take some of Lundy's evidence which pointed to that hotel.

Trinity had already taken the recording CD out at the security desk. Dexter noticed it before he started watching the cameras.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:54 pm

I think its a distinct possibility that as Dexter trails Trinity in order to learn his mannerisms, schedule, etc. to kill him, that Trinity has the tables turned on him. It becomes the hunter becomes the hunted kinda situation and Trinity catches Dexter at his home, apt, etc..

Also, any chance that hot little reporter is the vacation killer? Gives her articles to chase, headlines to grab, and would explain why we didnt see the shooter at all as her small profile/shadow would give it away... just a thought, could be totally off base.

-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby waborat » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:38 am

jack_tors wrote:
Also, any chance that hot little reporter is the vacation killer? Gives her articles to chase, headlines to grab, and would explain why we didnt see the shooter at all as her small profile/shadow would give it away... just a thought, could be totally off base.

Could be the reporter I guess?

I was thinking that Lundy's killer was possibly Quinn?

-This guy has seemed dirty to me from his introduction last season
-Seemed like Lundy knew who was approaching him with the look on his face
-Was the first cop on the scene
-Always bitchin about Lundy's Trinity hunch

Something doesn't smell right...

IMO, Lithgow is THE best actor to play "the killer" since this show started (hell, he's prolly the best actor on the show period)
waborat

Unread postby jack_tors » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:54 am

waborat wrote:
jack_tors wrote:

Could be the reporter I guess?

I was thinking that Lundy's killer was possibly Quinn?

-This guy has seemed dirty to me from his introduction last season
-Seemed like Lundy knew who was approaching him with the look on his face
-Was the first cop on the scene
-Always bitchin about Lundy's Trinity hunch

Something doesn't smell right...

IMO, Lithgow is THE best actor to play "the killer" since this show started (hell, he's prolly the best actor on the show period)

Rack em, nice post..

Totally forgot Quinn, even when thinking about the reporter he is banging. Makes perfect sense too as they keep aluding to him being a dirty cop, having money, etc... something is going to happen with him.. Good call Waborat.

-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:41 pm

OK one spoiler in this post, just because of how much I enjoyed the scene.

Great episode last night, trying to get inside the mind of Arthur Mitchell. Fantastic scene with Dexter inside Trinity's home, holding the ashes and waiting for Trinity's reaction... and he didn't disappoint. The way Lithgow goes from helpful to sullen to psychotic to back to gentle and helpful in about 5 seconds, phenomenal. I still don't think Trinity attacked Lundy/Deb. This guy is completely under control of his emotions as long as someone isn't touching his sister's ashes and I still think he seemed disappointed when hearing of Lundy's death in the diner, almost like losing a worthy adversary before he had the chance to go against him.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Guest » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:32 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:OK one spoiler in this post, just because of how much I enjoyed the scene.

Great episode last night, trying to get inside the mind of Arthur Mitchell. Fantastic scene with Dexter inside Trinity's home, holding the ashes and waiting for Trinity's reaction... and he didn't disappoint. The way Lithgow goes from helpful to sullen to psychotic to back to gentle and helpful in about 5 seconds, phenomenal. I still don't think Trinity attacked Lundy/Deb. This guy is completely under control of his emotions as long as someone isn't touching his sister's ashes and I still think he seemed disappointed when hearing of Lundy's death in the diner, almost like losing a worthy adversary before he had the chance to go against him.

Agreed. But not sure who else it could be.

Quinn? The most likely suspect, but his motive for doing so totally escapes me.

Anton? Doubtful. He was too shocked at Deb's confession in the hospital room.

Here's a speculation for you...Arthur Mitchell's son. Has figured out daddy's "thing", and was tryin to help him.

This is going to be great over the next few weeks; Dexter getting more and more involved in Arthur's life, which will make it harder to kill him in the end, as he'll gain more and more respect for him.

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Dex's man cave is sweet too. I really, really dislike Rita. I keep hoping she gets the deep six on the "Slice of Life", but I understand what she adds to the show.

+1 on the Lithgow/ ashes scene. Amazing. Don't think Quinn killed Lundy, but not sure who did. Maybe Anton was just a good actor in the hospital.

Reporter lady is freaking stacked. Holy jumping jesus.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby jack_tors » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:Dex's man cave is sweet too. I really, really dislike Rita. I keep hoping she gets the deep six on the "Slice of Life", but I understand what she adds to the show.

+1 on the Lithgow/ ashes scene. Amazing. Don't think Quinn killed Lundy, but not sure who did. Maybe Anton was just a good actor in the hospital.

Reporter lady is freaking stacked. Holy jumping jesus.

Totally agree.. I understand they have to make Rita somewhat annoying to help show the stress of Dexter's new life but good god, 6 months later in the storyline and its like that annoying wilderbeast a wife becomes after 15, 20 years of marriage.

Lithgow is awesome in this show, awesome. Perfect job casting him as the bad guy this season. With Dex having the hammer and Lundy's books, I bet Deb finds them both and then suspects her brother. I wouldnt be surprised with the season ending on the cliff hanger of Deb knowing Dex's secret.

The idea that Mitchell's son is involved is a good idea, something no one sees coming but I gotta think its Quinn at this point. Dude is shady..

-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Definitely a curveball coming ... you can just sense it.

And I think it's going to be related to Lundy's killer. Writers have gone out of their way to keep hammering home Dexter's belief that Trinity killed Lundy, also now going down the path of him starting to admire him. Trinity not being responsible for shooting at Deb opens up the door for Dexter to scrap his plans to whack him. I can see the Lithgow/Trinity character carrying on into next season, which will probably be the final one.

As far as who Lundy's killer is, I think all the suspects have been laid out. Listed in my order of likelihood:

1. Anton - Think the Quinn "bad cop" angle is a smokescreen. Everyone's forgot about this cat. Can't see him being written out of the storyline completely.

2. Deb finding Lundy's shit, accusing Dex - Him having all his stuff at him and Rita's house ... with Deb living there? Padlock scene just made me suspect this more.

3. Trinity's son - Mitch is $$$ in the GD bank on these intuitions.

4. Quinn - Looks like the classic smoke screen. Shady cop, yes. Cop killer? Nah.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby waborat » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:57 am

Still like Quinn to be the killer right now...

Or Vacation Murderer???

Last season, the IA chick told Deb that cop(s) died around Quinn and that the next cop who dies would be on her conscience...

Didn't Quinn have some kind crush on Deb as well?

Maybe Anton's somehow involved with Quinn as well? He was after all a CI and was introduced to Deb thru Quinn...

Quinn's house sure looked pretty expensive for a detective...

Can't wait for tonight's ep, much better season than last year...

And yes, I too would like to see Rita pushed off a highrise
waborat

Next

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture