Text Size

Sportstime Ohio Feedback & Comments

sto broadcasts

Use this forum to voice your thoughts on Sportstime Ohio and their lineup of programming. Comments, suggestions, and feedback welcomed and encouraged!

Moderators: peeker643, swerb

sto broadcasts

Unread postby berardinelli » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:24 pm

Yesterday I found my way to truly enjoy the STO Indian's broadcast...turn off the volumn. I simply cannot tolerate Rick Manning's arrogant style of broadcasting. I vividly recall his 1980 season batting in the 220's and striking out 70 times which seriously leads me to question his credibility. He harps constantly on the same issues" god forbid a pitcher should walk someone." Once he gets down on someone look out he is relentless, with quotes like "He doesn't belong in the majors." Frankly his analysis is so shallow and repetitive and uninteresting. Furthermore he just won't stop talking and let us enjoy the game.
berardinelli

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:27 pm

At least him and Underwood get along :P :-P :razz:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:57 am

I don't know how many times they have missed live action because of showing a replay and taking too long.
That's not a good thing to keep doing.

anyone recall 1980 announcers

Unread postby berardinelli » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:54 am

I was trying to recall the 1980 Indian announcers. Bruce Drennen, Joe Tate and Herb Score come to mind. I recall Manning really hustled in the field but was very poor at bat. I don't recall relentless bashing by the announcers of him like he does now at Indians who are struggling. Do you? Perhaps if they did, he would have been traded much sooner.
Perhaps SPO can move Brian Anderson into his spot. A more upbeat, positive attitude and a little more tolerance might result in more fans coming to the games. In any case the broadcasts would be much more entertaining.
berardinelli

Return to Sportstime Ohio Feedback & Comments