Text Size

The Rumble Room

Is Pavlik/Williams a pipe dream?

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Is Pavlik/Williams a pipe dream?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun May 03, 2009 8:16 pm

So a popular topic on many boxing boards is the proposed idea of Paul Williams vs Kelly Pavlik. Is this even remotely possible?

Williams would want a ridiculous (and possibly unwarranted) amount of money for the fight, and it may not be smart for him to jump to 160 for a Pavlik fight, although his frame and reach is alot bigger than his current weight class.

But either way, what's the odds that this can eventually get done? And how heavily favored would Pavlik be (I'm assuming a heavy favorite)?
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Is Pavlik/Williams a pipe dream?

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 03, 2009 8:21 pm

You'd have to think that Pavlik and Abraham will fight in the summer after Kelly lays waste to Mora. Makes too much sense, they've been the two best middles for a while now.

Williams is going to continue having a hard time getting fights. Hes dangerous, and a lot to deal with. The height, reach, punch output.

If a Pavlik/Williams fight did happen, my guess is that Williams would actually be a slight favorite.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Is Pavlik/Williams a pipe dream?

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 03, 2009 9:10 pm

Bob Arum is on record saying this fight will NEVER happen.
They were in discussions before the Hopkins disaster and Arum claims Williams' camp was unprofessional and doing dumb shit basically.
That's probably a good thing for Pavlik.

Return to The Rumble Room