Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Mangy took a Five and got Change for 11

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Mangy took a Five and got Change for 11

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:10 pm

JB>

Don't sing at me. Go talk at yer geriatric buddy Rod Smart in No Holds Barred. U'd have some fun there. Said that, I wanna leave the pol outta here after I strayed in. My bad.

SD:

It would have to be a real slow day to talk politics.

No give and take , just assholes flappin and yappin .

Too much Browns stuff to read and enjoy.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:31 am

Erie Warrior wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
52nd- McCoy and Greene still on the board, as I would bet Massoqui and maybe Robiskie would be (no other WRs taken during that stretch)

I'm sorry but this might be the stupidest thing I've read in this thread. No other WR's were taken in that stretch? No shit, the only 2 expected to go in that stretch, the ones we took, were already gone. To suppose that they'd still be there is as laughable now as it is the first time you said (wrote, whatever) it.

Between 50 and 52 was Buffalo- orginally I've heard the 'boys wanted him, but it's not unreasonable to think he would have fallen to 52. I think the Bills may have a handle on WR.

Prior to 50 Massoqui was on the board, no one took him. Robiskie probably would have been take before 50 or 52, Massoqui would not have.

Stupid? Nice take.

I agree... very nice take. Massoqui was gonna be gone in the 2nd round. Both the Boys and Bears were interested aside from other teams.

You wanted Mccoy or Greene? Not bad choices, but they sit behind Jamal for 2-3 years while Robo and Masso become contributors this year. We can worry about RB next year or year later.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:58 am

JB wrote:
Puhlease don't show us how dumb you are expecting Obama to fix soimething in 100 days that Dubya fucked up for 8 years.

Yeah thats fair .

Five dollar a gallon gas killed the golden goose, and the Bushes are Exxon whores.

Don't sing at me. Go talk at yer geriatric buddy Rod Smart in No Holds Barred. U'd have some fun there. Said that, I wanna leave the pol outta here after I strayed in. My bad.

ROFL.

Someone, somewhere has to change bw's depends now.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:38 am

Lubber wrote: We can worry about RB next year or year later.

Come back at me in November.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:13 am

Erie Warrior wrote:
Lubber wrote: We can worry about RB next year or year later.

Come back at me in November.

No matter who they picked, this concept could be used.

Had they taken Green in Round 2, we could say come back at me in Novmeber while Steptoe is being engulfed by a corner before he can get open just as easily.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby bw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:45 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
JB wrote:
Puhlease don't show us how dumb you are expecting Obama to fix soimething in 100 days that Dubya fucked up for 8 years.

Yeah thats fair .

Five dollar a gallon gas killed the golden goose, and the Bushes are Exxon whores.

ROFL.

Someone, somewhere has to change bw's depends now.

I've stayed out of personal AND political issues on this particular forum. You should try to do the same, dick-sucker.

I'm sure I'll get the blame for this.
bw

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 am

Pup wrote:
No matter who they picked, this concept could be used.

Had they taken Green in Round 2, we could say come back at me in Novmeber while Steptoe is being engulfed by a corner before he can get open just as easily.

To a certain extent, but with 3 2nd rounders, couldn't they have addressed all three. A WR, RB and LB that could all have been starters? They drafted an O-line guy, and picked up some in FA, so I would imagine a RB would be a logical choice for a draft pick, since 8-Ball is certainly showing his age. I'm fine with one WR, and they got the guy they think will do well (I think they reached) at LB, but with McCoy and Green on the board, I go RB. Hopefully Davis will be a surprise.
Last edited by Erie Warrior on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:13 am

bw wrote:I've stayed out of personal AND political issues on this particular forum. You should try to do the same, dick-sucker.

Best thread ever.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:17 am

Saying a RB would have sat behind Jamal for 2-3 years could only be true if said RB was a total bust. Jamal is D-O-N-E. He should be a backup at best.

Maybe a guy would have been his nominal backup this year, but he still would have gotten plenty of carries and contributed at least as much as MM.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:32 am

Erie Warrior wrote:
bw wrote:I've stayed out of personal AND political issues on this particular forum. You should try to do the same, dick-sucker.

Best thread ever.

I told ya.

It hasn't failed to make me laugh on an hourly basis.

I mean, seriously, this is about the funniest thing I've read in the last 6 hours:

I've stayed out of personal AND political issues on this particular forum. You should try to do the same, dick-sucker.

Ahhh...shit..... :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:32 pm

That is more or less two sentances that creat an oxymoron.

Calling Lee a dick-sucker isn't presonal?

Or is "I've" past tense and an indication that you are no longer?

As an alleged "Liberal", I might have to ban you or go fairneses doctrine, minimally, you crazy old coot.

Now get back to getting them kids off yer lawn.

:lmfao:
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby bw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:18 pm

JB wrote:

As an alleged "Liberal", I might have to ban you or go fairneses doctrine, minimally, you crazy old coot.

Had I not defended myself from the dicksucker's unprovoked attack, nothing would have been made of this.

So, you know what JB. Suck my balls you phony bitch. I tried to keep it nice and clean in this, the Football Forum, but you let your butt-buddies toss insults without any indication that you're concerned about it. It's happened three or four times (at least) with no response from me, no retaliation from me at all. But when I get tired of it and raise a defense and give back what I get, you get involved to protect the Board's integrity?

Fuck.You. You are a phony fucking loser.

Who's the thin-skinned little bitch now? You are.
Last edited by bw on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bw

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Don't ban him. The sheer comedy value.... The end justifies the means kinda thing.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:34 pm

bw wrote:
JB wrote:

Had I not defended myself from the dicksucker's unprovoked attack, nothing would have been made of this.

So, you know what JB. Suck my balls you phony bitch. I tried to keep it nice and clean in this, the Football Forum, but you let your butt-buddies toss insults without any indication that you're concerned about it. It's happened three or four times (at least) with no response from me, no retalitation from me at all. But when I get tired of it and raise a defense and give back what I get, you get involved to protect the Board's integrity?

SD:

bw , I think he was yankin your chain.

There was no evidence either way that the guy you accused of dick suckin did or did not engage in such .

JB just took the time while you were distracted to gore somebody with those Buffalo horns stuck up his ass when you recalled his Rottenberger predraft lip flappin gaffe.

This is all a misunderstandin and I'm sure he aint really carrying a grudge like a disgruntled cunt or nothin.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Plot twist....

I feel we're coming to some type of climactic finish but I can't tell whether the movie ends with explosions and carnage or a hug and some kleenex to wipe away tears.

:pop:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:37 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
SD:

There was no evidence either way that the guy you accused of dick suckin did or did not engage in such .

SoulDawg

Right back to the gallows (?) humor portion of the show. :lmfao:

Brilliant.

I wasn't ready for the roller coaster ride the last hour has presented.
Right up there with 'Pulp Fiction' IMO.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby bw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:48 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
bw wrote:
JB wrote:

So, you know what JB. Suck my balls you phony bitch. I tried to keep it nice and clean in this, the Football Forum, but you let your butt-buddies toss insults without any indication that you're concerned about it. It's happened three or four times (at least) with no response from me, no retalitation from me at all. But when I get tired of it and raise a defense and give back what I get, you get involved to protect the Board's integrity?

SD:

JB just took the time while you were distracted to gore somebody with those Buffalo horns stuck up his ass when you recalled his Rottenberger predraft lip flappin gaffe.

This is all a misunderstandin and I'm sure he aint really carrying a grudge like a disgruntled cunt or nothin.

SoulDawg

SD, I don't attack people unless I'm attacked first. And it takes more than one attack to piss me off. But it's how some, mostly immature losers, operate. When they run out of originality or independent thought they turn to ad hominem attacks.

I've never let fly with an insult in here. Never. If I disagreed with someone, I did it respectfully. Shit, you're one of the most argumentative people around but you and I have never had a problem that I can remember. In what? Well over ten years? Especially on a "Football Discussion" board. There's no point in it.

But some people want to carry their hate from one forum to another. I don't. But when the losers do it, and it's aimed at someone that JB isn't in the mood to 'protect' then it's no big deal, right?

I'm not going to sit here and take the shit from those retards anymore than I already have. I've let a lot of it just slide but there comes a time when a man has to stand up for himself or he isn't a man anymore.

They can do what they want. No skin off my ass.
bw

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:56 pm

bw wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
bw wrote:
JB wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SD, I don't attack people unless I'm attacked first. And it takes more than one attack to piss me off. But it's how some, mostly immature losers, operate. When they run out of originality or independent thought they turn to ad hominem attacks.

I've never let fly with an insult in here. Never. If I disagreed with someone, I did it respectfully. Shit, you're one of the most argumentative people around but you and I have never had a problem that I can remember. In what? Well over ten years? Especially on a "Football Discussion" board. There's no point in it.

But some people want to carry their hate from one forum to another. I don't. But when the losers do it, and it's aimed at someone that JB isn't in the mood to 'protect' then it's no big deal, right?

I'm not going to sit here and take the shit from those retards anymore than I already have. I've let a lot of it just slide but there comes a time when a man has to stand up for himself or he isn't a man anymore.

They can do what they want. No skin off my ass.

Well, it wasn't Pacino's "Say ay-low to my leetle fren" from 'Scarface' or even Brando's "You can act like a man!!" from The Godfather. But it was passable and builds suspense.

Stay tuned......

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:00 pm

Today has been one of the best days since I've joined the boards. From the ongoing drama here to the Bob Fergus monkey pic. Add to that jordan describing how he told Sawx fan to "suck his balls" to the comedy gold that is Pronkfans 'Wedge poll" opening remarks.

I'm sad to see this day draw to a close
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:06 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:Today has been one of the best days since I've joined the boards. From the ongoing drama here to the Bob Fergus monkey pic. Add to that jordan describing how he told Sawx fan to "suck his balls" to the comedy gold that is Pronkfans 'Wedge poll" opening remarks.

I'm sad to see this day draw to a close

Agreed, even though I haven't checked out the Wedge Poll yet.

I do wonder, though, why the Abram Elam thread was shut down while this one continues. I thought there was some interesting give and take going in the Elam thread, while this one is just a combo of mudslinging and bad humor.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby El Heffe » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:11 pm

The suspense is killing me! I hope it'll last.
El Heffe

Favorite Player: Bob Golic
Least Favorite Player: Welkahh!!!!

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:24 pm

I am not even sure who this is pointed to, but it sure seemed appropriate

In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby bw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:33 pm

THIS from a Board Moderator:

JB: Maybe a Stahlhelm KKK Neonazi bitter 'nam vets site he visits has a sports board?

My Father was permanently disabled in combat fighting NAZIs. His Brother, the man I'm named after, died in combat fighting NAZIs.

I offered up my life for my country in combat in Viet Nam and this phony, wannabe prick insults ALL of it? My family's losses defending this country from National Socialists, my contribution in fighting communism.

And he knows all of these things to be true but he CHOOSES to insult them all? He chooses to insult everything that Veterans and my family have fought and sacrificed for?

Then he chooses to bring his mocking, snarky remarks over to this particular Board knowing that I saw and read the above insults? And you guys blame me for getting pissed and want to join in on the gang-bang?

Class. Real class.

Not to mention I had family that fought and died in the Union Army and he wants to throw around KKK insults?

He hasn't earned the right to carry my fucking shoes but he thinks he can hurl insults at me and my family and get away with it?

I know who I am. I don't have to prove anything to anybody. Maybe some folks should think about what they've contributed and what they're owed a little more.
bw

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Nothing against the post above mine, but I think now we're done.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:01 pm

I feel the same as I did after Jim Gray had the Tyson interviewing when he went haywire about wanting to eat Lennox's children and praise be to Allah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4l0ZyKmeNE

I'm stunned. Funny stuff but stunning. It's just a message board.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:43 pm

noles1 wrote:I feel the same as I did after Jim Gray had the Tyson interviewing when he went haywire about wanting to eat Lennox's children and praise be to Allah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4l0ZyKmeNE

I'm stunned. Funny stuff but stunning. It's just a message board.

SD:

You don't tug on supermans cape.

You don't spit in the wind

you don't pull the mask off the old lone ranger

and

You don't mess around with Jim.

Respect never gets old.

Too many type writer tough guys around here , that wouldn't let out a mouse fart if they meet ya in person.

Difference between me and bw , whatever we tell ya on this board we'll tell ya the same to your face.

Big difference from mouse farts.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Haha.

Noted.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:57 pm

SD>

Too many type writer tough guys around here , that wouldn't let out a mouse fart if they meet ya in person.

Difference between me and bw , whatever we tell ya on this board we'll tell ya the same to your face.

Ziner:

Ever imagine that you are the typewriter tough guy? (typewriters have internet connections?)

I bet it makes you feel tough to pretend you'd talk shit to all of our faces when in fact you probably poop your depends if one of us youngin's got pissed off enough to throw. You should know this isnt a threat though, I would imagine most of us are too respectful to kick someone's ass who uses a walker

Ziner
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby bw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Ziner wrote:SD>

Ziner:

Ever imagine that you are the typewriter tough guy? (typewriters have internet connections?)

I bet it makes you feel tough to pretend you'd talk shit to all of our faces when in fact you probably poop your depends if one of us youngin's got pissed off enough to throw. You should know this isnt a threat though, I would imagine most of us are too respectful to kick someone's ass who uses a walker

Ziner

So you're gonna kick SD's ass, Ziner?

Cause I know you weren't talking to me.

People who make threats of physical violence on a message board should find something else to do.

Seriously.
bw

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:07 pm

bw wrote:

Ziner:

Ziner

People who make threats of physical violence on a message board should find something else to do.

Seriously.

Did you read?

I said it wasnt a threat I never would threaten on here, because that would drop me to his level of maturity. I agree that people who do threaten violence should find something to do. I was just sharing an opinion that he wouldnt say half the shit he does to people's faces because people who hurl insults on message boards dont in real life. Its just how they operate.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby scott » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:19 pm

scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Shit.

Goes and ends like 'The Sopranos'.

It's not that I didn't like the end of Sopranos but I was hoping for more.

Ehh.... tomorrow always comes.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Soul Dawg and BW

Able to pimp mediocre draft picks in a single line

Tell taller tales about democrats/ global warming/ Courtney Brown/ DA/ Kelly Holcomb then Pacos Bill and Paul Bunyan combined

Older than Methuselah, but smart enough to give a type writer an internet connection

We are on the verge of the greatest duo since Lenny and Squiggy. Kneel in awe, all who witness this union

(That should get the fire going)
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Bludgeon Riffola » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:13 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:8 Draft picks and three experienced veteran NFL players from the Savage leftovers.

Yet the bitchin and wailin has been an endless ceaseless torrent of blabberin suck.

Just goes to prove you morons don't know football players from your own pieholes.

Yeah we got some prospects at safety corner linebacker and running back , who didn't .

But net we landed four starters with our first pick

ROBO Mack Elam and the former Jet DE will start.

Ratcliff the QB will push either starting QB for playing time and make sure if we ever get to our third QB we'll never get Dorseyed again.

All of which came on the draft day trades from five to 21.

and

JB just shut the Fuck up about Veikune.

He's the same sort of prospect the inbred have deveolped against us nonstop for Years.

Dude is a football player benched more reps than every lineman in the draft ten more reps than Mulauaga has better hips than Orpako at the same size and we're paying him #52 money instead of top five jack.

Wimbleys puppy ass is gonna have to fight him off for playing time , and he's gonna lose.

oh

and for the rest of you clueless motherless whinnin jackoffs who aint got the message yet.

The Cleveland Browns will challenge for the divison this year.

Out

SoulDawg

What is retarded in every way something can be retarded is the logic that makes the luke warm retreads ManKok received into much of anything with a pules just because they might be starters in Cleveland. The reason they might be starters is because ManKok got rid of the starters at their positions from last year. Elam better become the starter because there is a legit chance that I could put football cleats on for the first time in several decades and beat Adams out of that position. Elam might want to get a jersey number before we consider retiring it just yet.

Coleman? Well if you like zero to low expectations out of a 3-4 DE who's main job is to be 300 lbs and keep a blocker off the linebackers then he is most suitably qualified. I'm not sure why some people here think he is more qualified for such a non-duty than the other stiffs on the team. And why he can do that better than Shaun Smith I've yet to understand.

And finally re: Ratliff. He was in a monumental battle with Kellen Clemons to see which one sucked less and became the temporary starter in the Meadowlands until he was replaced. I'm not so sure who won. It doesn't really matter. It would be the same as if we got the winner or loser of the Gus Frerotte and Tavaris Jackson QB duel of 2008. They both suck and getting one in a trade makes him non appreciably better in Seal Brown and Orange than he did in Eggplant and White.

So if U add it all up the Jets moved into the top 5 to draft a franchise QB and we slid 12 spots for a 2nd round pick. If any other team would have done that we would have 2 pages of posts pointing out what brainless clusterfucks the trading team was. As we are said trading team, it's a major coup that we don't have to pay the pick 5th money.

O, and one last thing, the super duper extra picks, the 2 6th round picks, well 6th round picks are on the roster of the team that drafted them after 4 seasons at a rate of about 2%. They become anything more than special teams and career backups at less than that. So let's all drink the extra pick Koolaid and hope against the 98%.
Bludgeon Riffola

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Look at how this draft has torn browns fans apart...

this is a funny thread, but ultimately bad for the boards. Who wants to post if its going to degrade into personal attacks.

Erie - just noticed my quote there in your signature. Nice.
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby bw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:48 pm

Bludgeon Riffola wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:8 Draft picks and three experienced veteran NFL players from the Savage leftovers.

Yet the bitchin and wailin has been an endless ceaseless torrent of blabberin suck.

Just goes to prove you morons don't know football players from your own pieholes.

Yeah we got some prospects at safety corner linebacker and running back , who didn't .

Ratcliff the QB will push either starting QB for playing time and make sure if we ever get to our third QB we'll never get Dorseyed again.

and

He's the same sort of prospect the inbred have deveolped against us nonstop for Years.

Dude is a football player benched more reps than every lineman in the draft ten more reps than Mulauaga has better hips than Orpako at the same size and we're paying him #52 money instead of top five jack.

Wimbleys puppy ass is gonna have to fight him off for playing time , and he's gonna lose.

oh

and for the rest of you clueless motherless whinnin jackoffs who aint got the message yet.

Out

SoulDawg

What is retarded in every way something can be retarded is the logic that makes the luke warm retreads ManKok received into much of anything with a pules just because they might be starters in Cleveland. The reason they might be starters is because ManKok got rid of the starters at their positions from last year. Elam better become the starter because there is a legit chance that I could put football cleats on for the first time in several decades and beat Adams out of that position. Elam might want to get a jersey number before we consider retiring it just yet.

Coleman? Well if you like zero to low expectations out of a 3-4 DE who's main job is to be 300 lbs and keep a blocker off the linebackers then he is most suitably qualified. I'm not sure why some people here think he is more qualified for such a non-duty than the other stiffs on the team. And why he can do that better than Shaun Smith I've yet to understand.

And finally re: Ratliff. He was in a monumental battle with Kellen Clemons to see which one sucked less and became the temporary starter in the Meadowlands until he was replaced. I'm not so sure who won. It doesn't really matter. It would be the same as if we got the winner or loser of the Gus Frerotte and Tavaris Jackson QB duel of 2008. They both suck and getting one in a trade makes him non appreciably better in Seal Brown and Orange than he did in Eggplant and White.

So if U add it all up the Jets moved into the top 5 to draft a franchise QB and we slid 12 spots for a 2nd round pick. If any other team would have done that we would have 2 pages of posts pointing out what brainless clusterfucks the trading team was. As we are said trading team, it's a major coup that we don't have to pay the pick 5th money.

O, and one last thing, the super duper extra picks, the 2 6th round picks, well 6th round picks are on the roster of the team that drafted them after 4 seasons at a rate of about 2%. They become anything more than special teams and career backups at less than that. So let's all drink the extra pick Koolaid and hope against the 98%.

I guess we could have drafted Sanchez and waited a year or two to see if he's gonna pan out. Curry was gone (not that high a value anyway -- The position). I guess they didn't want BJ Raji and Tyson Jackson was gone. Andre Smith has issues, Hayward-Bey was a joke of a pick. I think Crabtree pissed the Browns' braintrust off from what I've heard. Could be BS. I would have been okay with Monroe or Jenkins but I guess there were bigger fish to fry.

Our O-Line just flat out sucked last year and our greatest need was at Center. We got the guy we wanted and needed and we don't have to kill our cap to sign him.

When you're drafting in the top ten, you don't have just ONE problem, you don't have just ONE position you need to fill. You got a LOT of problems. Lots. And while I don't think anybody is bidding on the bust for the enshrinement into Canton for any of these guys, we did fill some positions of need. More than one.

The reason I like the Draft for us is we didn't come out of it on a wing and a prayer. We got out of a bad position in, frankly, a really bad draft class. I just don't believe there was clear differences in talent between #5 and where we drafted. In fact, I'm predicting this draft class will ave a record number 1st round busts.

And I don't mean the kind they put in the HOF, either.

I respect your view but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. And we got out alive, able to fight another day.
bw

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:55 pm

bw wrote:
The reason I like the Draft for us is we didn't come out of it on a wing and a prayer. We got out of a bad position in, frankly, a really bad draft class. I just don't believe there was clear differences in talent between #5 and where we drafted. In fact, I'm predicting this draft class will ave a record number 1st round busts.

I respect your view but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. And we got out alive, able to fight another day.

I'm with you on this. I think this was a weak draft. I keep hearing there was a lack of talent at the top, but deep throughout. I'm not buying. On the Ross Tucker scale, I'll give it a definitive Shrug of the Shoulders.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Just in case you all are wondering...

I am the baddest SOB on the boards, so you can all put your cocks back in your skivvies and continue to talk football, or not talk.

:guns:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Bludgeon Riffola » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 pm

bw wrote:
Bludgeon Riffola wrote:

and

oh

Out

SoulDawg

I guess we could have drafted Sanchez and waited a year or two to see if he's gonna pan out. Curry was gone (not that high a value anyway -- The position). I guess they didn't want BJ Raji and Tyson Jackson was gone. Andre Smith has issues, Hayward-Bey was a joke of a pick. I think Crabtree pissed the Browns' braintrust off from what I've heard. Could be BS. I would have been okay with Monroe or Jenkins but I guess there were bigger fish to fry.

Our O-Line just flat out sucked last year and our greatest need was at Center. We got the guy we wanted and needed and we don't have to kill our cap to sign him.

When you're drafting in the top ten, you don't have just ONE problem, you don't have just ONE position you need to fill. You got a LOT of problems. Lots. And while I don't think anybody is bidding on the bust for the enshrinement into Canton for any of these guys, we did fill some positions of need. More than one.

The issue isn't whether a bad team like ours needs more picks or whether Mack is a good choice or fills a need. I have no argument with any of that, but that has no relation as to whether we got good value from trading out of the 5 spot. If the trade was instead the 5th pick for the 17th pick and a 7th round choice in 2014, it would be a shitty trade on the value side. That's why Mack doesn't factor into whether the trade was good or not. The 5th overall for the 17th, a 2nd and some spares is bad value and it's just spinning it to try and make the spare parts better than they are. They might end up being starters, but that's also a function of Mangini vacating those positions. Elam, the 2 LBs and the 3rd team QB were all opened up by coaching for anybody to take those spots. Mangini just got warm bodies with a pulse from NYJ to fill them than warm bodies with a pulse already on the roster. That doesn't make his carpetbaggers better players than they were, just his replacements.

And that opinion doesn't account for all the great players in the league that were drafted in the top 10 for shitty teams. Every top 10 player isn't a hit obviously, but plenty were, way more there by % than the 21st overall.
Bludgeon Riffola

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Ziner wrote:
bw wrote:

Ziner:

Ziner

Seriously.

Did you read?

I said it wasnt a threat I never would threaten on here, because that would drop me to his level of maturity. I agree that people who do threaten violence should find something to do. I was just sharing an opinion that he wouldnt say half the shit he does to people's faces because people who hurl insults on message boards dont in real life. Its just how they operate.

SD:

Word is BOND kid.

I walk it just like I talk it.

I don't play with kids , I make em.

I've earned the respect of the men I've worked with and commanded and have shaken the hands of presidents.

I can keep it clean or come out of parts of the gutter you've never even dreamt about much less seen.

I am what I am , and you'll never meet another.

I've got powerful friends and powerful enemies .

So I'll take it and play it any way you want to deal it,
You think your bad and you want to get personal bring it on.
but don't cry foul if it gets to rough , because i only play to win.

Otherwise keep it on the Browns thats what we're here for.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:02 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:Soul Dawg and BW

Able to pimp mediocre draft picks in a single line

Tell taller tales about democrats/ global warming/ Courtney Brown/ DA/ Kelly Holcomb then Pacos Bill and Paul Bunyan combined

Older than Methuselah, but smart enough to give a type writer an internet connection

We are on the verge of the greatest duo since Lenny and Squiggy. Kneel in awe, all who witness this union

(That should get the fire going)

SD:

Now thats some funny shit

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:27 pm

jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 pm

jb wrote:

SD:

Ain't you got a job to do , or something you fuckin degenerate :git:

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:40 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

Why don't you two knuckleheads pick a spot with some really good wings and cheap drafts to watch the Thursday night portion of the draft and I'll meet you guys? That'd be an interesting investment of my time.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:01 am

peeker643 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

Why don't you two knuckleheads pick a spot with some really good wings and cheap drafts to watch the Thursday night portion of the draft and I'll meet you guys? That'd be an interesting investment of my time.

Sd :

Royal Oaks has the best wings in the state , 1/2 lb Cheeseburgers with old fahioned amusement park fries with award winning baby back ribs, imports and a half dozen quality drafts w darts , Browns Bar been there since about 1945 with free way access 500 feet away and about 1/2 mule down from YSU. on 422.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:14 am

I finally agreed with SD on something. Raspberry BBQ...charred

But maybe not the best spot to watch the draft since, ya know, they don't have a tv manufactured after 1984
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 am

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:I finally agreed with SD on something. Raspberry BBQ...charred

But maybe not the best spot to watch the draft since, ya know, they don't have a tv manufactured after 1984

SD:

The one on top of the Cooler blew up so john broke down and got one flat screen so there, although its true the others look like guard house monitors next to the drive in screens at the commercial joints .

Doesn't matter you ain't never gonna here it with the non stop mix from heavy metal to the Blues coming thru the pipes or the yammerin drone of real conversation.

Those who can't read ,like JB will catch hell with that close captioned stuff.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:05 am

Any place that uses old leather jackets for the barstool cushions, has random mutilated baby dolls hanging from the ceiling, and displays a shrine to Jimbo is okay in my book.

Once I went with a friend who had never been...he ordered his wings with the sauce "on the side"...I thought we werent going to get out of there alive.
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 am

SoulDawg74 wrote: 1/2 mule down from YSU. on 422.

SoulDawg

Strange measurement system you guys have down there in Youngstown... still beats the metric system.

:nanner:
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 am

This place looks beyond dangerous

http://youngstowneats.blogspot.com/2009/05/royal-oaks-youngstown.html

I barely even go into Boardman unless I HAVE to and you wanna go here? Why do you think I live in Poland, anyway?

Can I borrow your gun?
jb

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL