Text Size

The 19th Hole

No Open Thread?

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

No Open Thread?

Unread postby furls » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:49 am

This has to be my favorite golf event of the year. I have had the chance to play a historic open course, Canterbury (although it was obviously not in Open conditions), and I count it as one of the highlights of my life.

I love the unforgiving nature of open golf. It requires planning two shots ahead and perfect execution or the consequences are dire. I love listening to the pro's bitch that they cannot birdie every hole. I love the fact that par is a good score on most holes and birdies count as basically a -1.5.

Gotta like Tiger to win the event, but I hope that there is some serious drama. I would love to see the Aussie battle him to the wire in the final pairing.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:17 am

Man, been moving into a new house the last 3 days .... had no chance to start an Open thread. I've been watching though, in between moving hell.

I got this one coming down to 17 and 18 ... Tiger and Paul Casey. Casey is due to win a major. Most talented player without one in my book right now. Playing incredibly well. Positioned strongly.

Im calling Casey by a stroke over Tiger. Tiger needing a birdie on the brutally tough #18 to win ... and unable to do so.

Love Oakmont. Killing me to be 2 hours away from that course and not to be there today!!!!
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:54 pm

THis tournament is going to be decided on 17 and 18. 18 will be about not making mistakes, 17 is going to be about desperate moves. If a guy needs a shot it will be interesting to see how the driver/3w on 17 pays off./
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:57 pm

Im calling Casey by a stroke over Tiger. Tiger needing a birdie on the brutally tough #18 to win ... and unable to do so.

Nice call, just got the name of the winner wrong.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby furls » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:01 pm

my call on 17 was pretty good too.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:03 pm

Zach Johnson wins at Augusta. Angel Cabrera at the Open. An unlikely pair of winners to the years first two majors.

Tiger just couldn't hit a putt outside of 5-6 feet to save his life this week.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:18 pm

The one thing that was a guarantee was if Tiger made the final pairing only a couple strokes behind his partner the partner would not be able to handle the pressure.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to The 19th Hole