Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Who should the Browns draft at # 5 overall

Poll ended at Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:23 am

Brian Orokpo
16%
BJ Raji
9%
Matt Safford
No votes
Mike Crabtree
34%
Jason Smith
3%
Gene Monroe
7%
Mark Sanchez
2%
Beanie Wells
2%
Rey Maualuga
19%
Malcolm Jenkins
7%

Total votes : 99

Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 am

For the artificial sake of this poll, let's assume that the Browns can not trade up or down and must stay at 5. Draft one player in a vaccum - forget trades or the rest of the darft.

Let's assume Curry goes before 5. TRhe rest could slide depending on who is the fav QB and OT.

Who you want?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:55 am

I'm even shocked at who I picked.

Chris Wells. Guy's from Akron and a buckeye and would be great to see the fanbase get excited about getting him here. You need a good ground game to win in the NFL.

granted I think this is an extreme reach and this pick would be better made after we trade with Denver for their 18th, or we could pick Clay III there as well.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Triple-S wrote:I'm even shocked at who I picked.

Chris Wells. Guy's from Akron and a buckeye and would be great to see the fanbase get excited about getting him here. You need a good ground game to win in the NFL.

granted I think this is an extreme reach and this pick would be better made after we trade with Denver for their 18th, or we could pick Clay III there as well.

SD:

Eugene Monroe is the biggest value at that pick .

Can play LT or RT for a decade immediately.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mistero » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Voted Orakpo but am hoping for Knowshon Moreno
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby jordan kramer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:39 pm

send Sir drops-a-lot to New York and take Crabtree at 5. then go LB crazy in round 2
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby OSU819903 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Had to vote for Jenkins. Gives us a lot of flexibility in the secondary.

SD: I get the OL pick, I am just worried of all the money that would be in our OL then. If you're going to pour it into any area I guess that's not bad, but you have ROL, LOL and G all making huge money then and you still would have to consider Mack or Wood if they're there with our 2nd. With that draft we might automatically have the best O-line in the league but I'm not sure what else we'll have.
"Forever, tomorrow and a day"
OSU819903

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Chad, the Altel Guy

Unread postby Magic Brownies » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:49 pm

If curry is gone, I have to pick crabtree

safer pick than orakpo........... I think........ :bunny:

Only 15 days left :hic:
Magic Brownies

Favorite Player: Run for the Hillis
Least Favorite Player: Rapistberger

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Put me down for Rey Rey. This defense needs an identity.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:33 pm

OSU819903 wrote:Had to vote for Jenkins. Gives us a lot of flexibility in the secondary.

SD: I get the OL pick, I am just worried of all the money that would be in our OL then. If you're going to pour it into any area I guess that's not bad, but you have ROL, LOL and G all making huge money then and you still would have to consider Mack or Wood if they're there with our 2nd. With that draft we might automatically have the best O-line in the league but I'm not sure what else we'll have.

SD74:

Thats the problem with the poll , you have your choice of guys ,
there is no adjustemnt for the projected wide bodies or QB's being off the board at the time.

Its like you have the number one pick , and in this draft the best value pick is OT.

Radji has value after the two Offensive tackles , but his failed drug test belies problems .

At the 5 hole your gonna invest $20 million in guaranteed cash
easy on probably a 35 -50 million dollar overall deal .

Thats franchise cash.

So you can't have questions like Radji poses, and you can't pick either QB ahead of those lineman with two QB's allready on the roster.

I pick Mualauga or Jenkins after the QB's are gone and the top offensine lineman are off ther board .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:06 pm

If all those guys are available I'd got with one of the OT's, doesn't really matter both seem like beasts. But realistically they won't be there and I picked Crabtree cuz he's the only guy worthy of the 5th and he's gonna be a good one.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:56 pm

I had to pick Rey M. I got a feeling about him -- granted it could just be gas -- but I got a feeling nonetheless.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby el67ko » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:37 pm

Cast my vote for Rey but I just don't really see it happening. I wouldn't put my foot through my TV for any pick that isn't a QB however.
el67ko

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: City of Pittsburg

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Great poll, and seeing how I was 1st or 2nd picking Crabtree, it's nice to know I'm not alone. Silent majority I think is the term. I see it this way: one stud linebacker would be great, but one stud receiver is going to have that much more impact on wins and losses. I'm hoping Mangini and Ryan can come up with a scheme on defense, which is far easier than scheming bad offensive skill players.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:49 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:Eugene Monroe is the biggest value at that pick .

May be an overstatement, but I can dig it. Go ugly early...
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Eugene Monroe is the biggest value at that pick .

May be an overstatement, but I can dig it. Go ugly early...

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Hydra Melee » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:46 am

Vote went to Raji, but really I don't want any of these guys with the #5 pick.
"Paul Hubbard for the Practice Squad" publicity game: Contestants are run to Berea in the middle of the night and spray paint their name and address on a window at the Browns' office. First person arrested gets to make a public announcement outside the courthouse that Paul Hubbard must be given a spot on the Browns' practice squad for the 2009 season.
Hydra Melee

Favorite Player: David Veikune
Least Favorite Player: Random Steeler

Unread postby Mr. X » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:18 am

Crabtree just barely over the OT's
Mr. X

Favorite Player: Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Papelbon

Unread postby yogi » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:36 am

I voted Crabtree.

We have 3 in the top 50 and I'm sure we'll get another for DA. If what we are hearing is true, the BE to NYG marraige will happen, right after BE gets his divorce papers from us. That would be another in the low 20's plus, say a Steve Smith.

We get Crabtree and team him with Steve Smith and Quinn will have his WR core and we'll be set for years to come.

And we'll still have 26(? Giants pick), 33 (Det pick for DA), 36 & 50 to get best among LB, C, S, RB, DL, OG whatever is highest on the board.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby jonne99 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:05 am

Pick Rey.....he will be a beast in the middle and this may help our run defense....which we've sucked at since we've been back...and probably longer than that.
but in no place is the pain like Cleveland's: all-encompassing, multi-generational, redundant and unique at once.
---Scott Raab of Deadspin
jonne99

Favorite Player: corban rogue&jay
Least Favorite Player: heather hill

Unread postby DrPoove » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:39 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

Eugene Monroe is the biggest value at that pick .

SoulDawg

The Doctor agrees. Monroe. UVA OTs have a nice history of sucess.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby bw » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:26 am

JB wrote:For the artificial sake of this poll, let's assume that the Browns can not trade up or down and must stay at 5. Draft one player in a vaccum - forget trades or the rest of the darft.

Let's assume Curry goes before 5. TRhe rest could slide depending on who is the fav QB and OT.

Who you want?

JB, I appreciate the effort but you didn't put Curry in there. And he is far more likely to be available than Stafford or either of the Tackles.

If Curry falls, we may have a Canadian team want to trade for him. If Stafford or either of the top two tackles fall to us, we'll need a team of switchboard operators just to field the calls from the rest of the NFL.

Still, nice try.
bw

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:36 pm

In all the years I've been hanging around Browns internet sites I am still totally incapable of understanding this train of thought and how it concerns the success or failure of the Cleveland Browns.

Fans of the Browns and other college teams think that maybe after the Troy Smith draft fiasco that OSU fans would kinda just let it go.

I remember being chastised for a former sig line at another site that said.."With the 29th pick of the draft, the Baltimore Ravens select troy Smit, quaterback, Ohio State University.

Sad to say I missed by 3 rounds.....

In any event, I'm all for whomever is a bloodthirsty, headhunting, bad-assed defensive muther fucker who wants not only to win but destroy the will of the opposition physically torture them in the process.

I want a D that can play 4qtrs, balls to the fucking walls.

I want blood.....chest cracking, pain inducing, concussionary collisions..... followed by a quiet moment of reflection

Gimme whoever that is
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:41 am

bw wrote:
JB wrote:For the artificial sake of this poll, let's assume that the Browns can not trade up or down and must stay at 5. Draft one player in a vaccum - forget trades or the rest of the darft.

Who you want?

JB, I appreciate the effort but you didn't put Curry in there. And he is far more likely to be available than Stafford or either of the Tackles.

If Curry falls, we may have a Canadian team want to trade for him. If Stafford or either of the top two tackles fall to us, we'll need a team of switchboard operators just to field the calls from the rest of the NFL.

Still, nice try.

Curry won't be a choice, ace. better shot of Safford dropping than Curry. He may go one, certainly no lower than 3 as in death and taxes, plus he'd skew the poll. That's why.
jb

Unread postby bw » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am

JB wrote:
bw wrote:

Who you want?

Still, nice try.

Curry won't be a choice, ace. better shot of Safford dropping than Curry. He may go one, certainly no lower than 3 as in death and taxes, plus he'd skew the poll. That's why.

NFL Draft Year Name Draft # Weight 40
2009 Aaron Curry ??? 254 4.56
2008 Vernon Gholston 6 266 4.65
2007 Patrick Willis 11 242 4.51
2006 A.J. Hawk 5 248 4.59
2005 DeMarcus Ware 11 251 4.56
2004 Jonathan Vilma 12 233 4.54
2003 Terrell Suggs 10 257 4.65
2002 Napoleon Harris 23 253 4.55
2001 Dan Morgan 11 240 4.54
2000 LaVarr Arrington 2 250 4.53
2000 Brian Urlacher 9 258 4.59
1999 Chris Claiborne 9 248 4.63

Aundray Bruce and Tom Cousineau ring a bell?

The Lions haven't had a decent QB since Night Train Lane. They also have a new HC and GM. As does KC. The two most likely landing spots for Curry. And even if he falls to Seattle's spot, they need OL help in a big way. Walter Jones just came off micro-fracture surgery and is 35 years old. Seattle (IMHO) would be ecstatic if one the top two Tacklles fell to them. They may snag Crabtree even though they just signed TJ whosyomomma. High probability on Crabtree to Seattle.

Pioli is no dummy. Probably. He knows what makes a defense tick. Probably. He should recollect who he had on the D-Line at NE. Probably.

Richard Seymour -- First round, sixth overall selection.

Ty Warren -- First round, thirteenth overall selection.

Vince Wilfork -- First round, twenty-first overall selection.

Then again, the allure of an almost ideal LBer might be too much for him.

Adalius Thomas -- Sixth round pick acquired as an UFA.

Pierre Woods -- Undrafted FA.

Ted Bruschi -- Third round, 86th selection overall.

Jared Mayo -- First round, 10th overall selection.

Credit given for Mayo winning D-ROY but, c'mon guys...... Playing behind THAT D-Line? Still, he is talented.

The question is, will Pioli put the cart before the horse? Will he draft a LBer that high with the D-Line he currently has? Well, KC's D-Line isn't all that bad. Or is it?

There's a lot of doubt about whether Dorsey can play the nose tackle position. He's (generously) listed at 6'1" and 300lbs. Maybe Raji for them at that slot? We went to a 3-4 with no D-Line and look how briliant that was. Is Pioli as stupid as -- Nevermind.

I think Curry is there at #5 unless somebody totally loses thier mind. If he is, the temptation to take him will be huge. Curry is a MLB and, a very good one. Maybe another team, one of the 20 or so that still play the 4-3 will be willing to trade up for him.

Or not.

This is going to be a very surprising draft, IMO. Filled with a lot of shockers.
bw

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Lot of momentum with Crabtree over the past week. Not sure it isn't a smokescreen but I will say if we draft him at #5 Braylon gets moved for a #1...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Wolfy7 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:59 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:

In all the years I've been hanging around Browns internet sites I am still totally incapable of understanding this train of thought and how it concerns the success or failure of the Cleveland Browns.

Fans of the Browns and other college teams think that maybe after the Troy Smith draft fiasco that OSU fans would kinda just let it go.

I remember being chastised for a former sig line at another site that said.."With the 29th pick of the draft, the Baltimore Ravens select troy Smit, quaterback, Ohio State University.

Sad to say I missed by 3 rounds.....

In any event, I'm all for whomever is a bloodthirsty, headhunting, bad-assed defensive muther fucker who wants not only to win but destroy the will of the opposition physically torture them in the process.

I want a D that can play 4qtrs, balls to the fucking walls.

I want blood.....chest cracking, pain inducing, concussionary collisions..... followed by a quiet moment of reflection

Gimme whoever that is

He still plays safety at USC... Next year with the #1-3 pick though! He is by far that player and I dont know how Carroll talked him into staying!
Wolfy7

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:26 am

Adalius Thomas -- Sixth round pick

Overall, I do not disagree, but could we at least be genuine about our examples?

AT was the hottest big money UFA out there, not some 6th rounder. It'd be like trying to cast Brady that way now.

Plus, you didn't include the Roosevelt Coleman filed experiment. But overall, yeah. It seems to be about DL . You'd have to juxtapose that to the Tuna approach though, which highlightes LBers , and see BB as a seperate tree, whihc I think he is.
jb

Unread postby Crash Davis » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:23 pm

I have heard rumblings that Wells could go to anywhere from the Saints at #14 to the Eagles at #21 so Denver 18th overall could work if the Broncos don't go defensive with both of their picks.

I have a feeling Clay III may go even higher than expected possibly at #15 or 16 to Houston or San Diego.
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby noles1 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:46 pm

I don't think Clay slips past Bill B.

Off topic, while I wasn't high on Troy Smith out of college everything I heard out of Baltimore before the year was that he was the best QB on their roster before he got sick. I'm not willing to fully commit but I think given the chance the kid could be someone that makes some noise at some point in his career.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Crash Davis » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:04 pm

noles1 wrote:I don't think Clay slips past Bill B.

Off topic, while I wasn't high on Troy Smith out of college everything I heard out of Baltimore before the year was that he was the best QB on their roster before he got sick. I'm not willing to fully commit but I think given the chance the kid could be someone that makes some noise at some point in his career.

I don't see Clay going that low but you never know. His stock is soaring right now especially with teams running the 34. I think he'll be a Charger or Texan with Cushing going right before or right after him. I see Bill B taking a stab at Connor Barwin to replace the departed Vrabel and continue to get that LB corp younger in NE.
Crash Davis

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Interesting that the least likely pick amoungst the 'experts' is the favorite pick of Browns fans here....

I'm no student of Freud but, I'm wonderin' if its subliminal messaging, ignited by deep seated, hoping beyond hope desires/dispair induced dreams, to trade the pick to the G-men East for their first born sons?

2 cent
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:18 am

Crash Davis wrote:

I have heard rumblings that Wells could go to anywhere from the Saints at #14 to the Eagles at #21 so Denver 18th overall could work if the Broncos don't go defensive with both of their picks.

I have a feeling Clay III may go even higher than expected possibly at #15 or 16 to Houston or San Diego.

Wow, I could be way off base, but I think there is no way that Clay gets taken in the first round at all. I mean, he was never a 1st round talent from anything I've read in the media or felt while watching the kid. Add that to him possibly having tested positive for steriods, and I think he goes maybe in the 2nd round.

Top 15? I would be S-H-O-C-K-E-D.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby TheAllJuniorHighGuard » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Id take crabtree because say if we get to 5 and we take crabtree and edwards didnt get traded.i think edwards and crabtree would be the best wr duo in the nfl. if if edwards had an o7 year
TheAllJuniorHighGuard

Favorite Player: Terrele Pryor
Least Favorite Player: Tyler Hansbrough

Unread postby Toxicadam » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:05 am

Sanchez is better than both of our QB's combined.
Toxicadam

Unread postby buckeye319 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:48 am

I don't want any of these guys for the price they will cost. Here's hoping we can trade down somehow.
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby Crash Davis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:36 pm

JCoz wrote:
Crash Davis wrote:

Wow, I could be way off base, but I think there is no way that Clay gets taken in the first round at all. I mean, he was never a 1st round talent from anything I've read in the media or felt while watching the kid. Add that to him possibly having tested positive for steriods, and I think he goes maybe in the 2nd round.

With more and more teams running the 3-4 nowdays Clay III is perfect fit for the WLB spot. If he gets out of the teens I don't see him slipping by Mumbles at #23 as a replacement for Vrabel.
Crash Davis

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Crash Davis wrote:
JCoz wrote:
Crash Davis wrote:

With more and more teams running the 3-4 nowdays Clay III is perfect fit for the WLB spot. If he gets out of the teens I don't see him slipping by Mumbles at #23 as a replacement for Vrabel.

I guess I will be prepared to be surprised then, because I fully expect him to be on the board for the Browns second pick.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:41 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:Put me down for Rey Rey. This defense needs an identity.

Agree 100% here. Voted for Rey myself. Obviously i'd like to not reach for him at 5, if BE is gone and Crabtree is there taking him is a no brainer.

It's funny I HATE watching the Draft, but love talking about it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Dream scenario for me is this.

Trade down to the 12th slot from the Broncos for the right for them to Draft Sanchez over the '9ers, We get a 3rd round pick or 2nd rounder out of the deal depending on things.

We get Chris Wells (who's probably going to the Saints :(, enjoy him Bayou) with the 12th, finally get some youth with the ground game and maybe our first really, really, good runningback in a long time (make sure you have UH or the Cleveland Clinic on speed dial though), we trade Braylon for the 29th, Steve Smith and a 5th, and with the 29th get Clay III.

This would be a PR dream for ManKok and pretty much buy the fan support for this season for a little while.

Triple-S

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:Put me down for Rey Rey. This defense needs an identity.

Agree 100% here. Voted for Rey myself. Obviously i'd like to not reach for him at 5, if BE is gone and Crabtree is there taking him is a no brainer.

It's funny I HATE watching the Draft, but love talking about it.

I don't think that is funny at all. The draft is the most boring shit ever. The only reason I can watch it is to use it as an excuse to eat wings and play beer pong.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby TitoFrancona » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:39 pm

I can't believe anybody is seriously hoping the Browns take another receiver in the first round. Crabtree won't be anything special in the NFL and he's fragile to begin with. I hope to hell they avoid him like the plague.
TitoFrancona

Favorite Player: Tito Francona
Least Favorite Player: Jim Thome

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Crabtree won't be anything special in the NFL and he's fragile to begin with.

He played all last year with a broken foot and was only a unanimous All-American and repeat Biletnikoff winner. To my knowledge he never had an injury before that. He's no Beanie Wells.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby TitoFrancona » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:24 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote: He played all last year with a broken foot and was only a unanimous All-American and repeat Biletnikoff winner. To my knowledge he never had an injury before that. He's no Beanie Wells.

Stress fracture of the foot is all anybody needs to know. Those things can be chronic. Hopefully Seattle takes him so the Browns don't.
TitoFrancona

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:45 pm

I don't know, I like Crabtree. If we trade BE (which it looks like it's a done deal), we have to take Crabtree, especialy if we stay at 5. He is big, strong, and has bear traps for hands. The injuries don't bother me nearly as much as the system he played in.

That being said, I wouldn't mind trading down and taking Hakeem Nicks, Darius Heyward-Bey, or Kenny Britt, obviously we can't take them at 5.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby pup » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I don't know, I like Crabtree. If we trade BE (which it looks like it's a done deal), we have to take Crabtree, especialy if we stay at 5. He is big, strong, and has bear traps for hands. The injuries don't bother me nearly as much as the system he played in.

That being said, I wouldn't mind trading down and taking Hakeem Nicks, Darius Heyward-Bey, or Kenny Britt, obviously we can't take them at 5.

You can get one of those guys at 29 from the Giants, or even 37 IMO.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby bw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Triple-S wrote:Dream scenario for me is this.

Trade down to the 12th slot from the Broncos for the right for them to Draft Sanchez over the '9ers, We get a 3rd round pick or 2nd rounder out of the deal depending on things.

We get Chris Wells (who's probably going to the Saints :(, enjoy him Bayou) with the 12th, finally get some youth with the ground game and maybe our first really, really, good runningback in a long time (make sure you have UH or the Cleveland Clinic on speed dial though), we trade Braylon for the 29th, Steve Smith and a 5th, and with the 29th get Clay III.

This would be a PR dream for ManKok and pretty much buy the fan support for this season for a little while.

McDaniels is from the Belichick tree and Belichick is from the Parcells tree. Neither of them have ever been wild about taking QBs high in the draft. If they got a good one, they'll hang on to him and appreciate him, but draft one high? Or trade away draft picks to move up for one?

I wouldn't bet a PBR on that one.
bw

Unread postby clevefan1024 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:49 pm

i just hope we dont select orakpo, i could be wrong but he doesnt seem like hes going to be a great nfl player. Hes a workout warrior similar to gholston and look how that turned out. Also some of the negatives against him are: poor insticts and awareness, lacks a variety of pass rush moves. Remind you at all of wimbley?
clevefan1024

Favorite Player: Shaun Rogers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Pup wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I don't know, I like Crabtree. If we trade BE (which it looks like it's a done deal), we have to take Crabtree, especialy if we stay at 5. He is big, strong, and has bear traps for hands. The injuries don't bother me nearly as much as the system he played in.

You can get one of those guys at 29 from the Giants, or even 37 IMO.

Oh I agree, Hicks might be gone, but I assume Britt and Heyward-Bey will still be there.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby TitoFrancona » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:50 pm

Personally, I'm hoping Curry drops to us. That's a no-brainer imo.
TitoFrancona

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:10 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:Personally, I'm hoping Curry drops to us. That's a no-brainer imo.

Same here, but I've changed my vote. Curry isn't an option in the poll, but if he's gone it has to be Orakpo. Defense and running win the AFC North, and I can't believe I forgot that.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL