Text Size

College Sports Arena

Hey Licht-----------Great site

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

God Damn This Is A Beautiful Site

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:22 pm

This is beautiful. Almost brings a tear to my eye. The feeling of beating Michigan, in Michigan, is one of my favorite feelings as a sports fan.

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:30 pm

And here's a site I know Sykes will like ...

http://www.cokermustgo.com/
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby pup » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:51 pm

Here is my blog entry from December 31. It includes a short list of possible replacements. There is also a follow up calling Coker out for being a sell-out. He fired 4 coaches, 2 of which were picked up within a week. One of these coaches was Art Kehoe, offensivle line coach since the Schnellenberger days, who signed with Ole Miss, along with former off. coordinator Dan Werner. Also fired were linebackers coach Vernon Hargreaves and running backs coach Don Soldinger. Larry Coker's was quoted as saying, "The decision was mine. Mine alone". The 4 coaches, who had a combined 59 years with the Canes, have obviously forgot how to coach.

It is time for the Miami Hurricanes to move on from the Larry Coker era. It was a nice move by the Canes to let him be the coach and ride out the Butch Davis era. He is a class act. He is a good guy. He is not a very good in-game coach or recruiter. Losing a bowl game 40-3 against a backup quarterback has to be the last straw. Here is my list of possible replacements:

1. Butch Davis - After an attempt of stepping up to the NFL, he can come back down to college where he belongs. College players revere their coaches, unlike the NFL.

2. Gene Chizik - Defensive genius. His defenses have not lost a game in 2 years.

3. Greg Schiano - Former Hurricane coordinator has had some success turning Rutgers around. Probably the only job he would leave Rutgers for.

4. Bo Pelini - Constructed the defensive game plan to shut down Miami last night. Oklahoma's defense struggled without him this year.

As you can see, I am very high on defensive minded head coaches to lead the Hurricanes. With the type of athletes Miami gets to sign by just being Miami, a defensive head coach will have a field day
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:55 pm

It's unthinkable to me that the Cornhuskers passed on making Pellini the full time coach to hire Bill Fucking Callahan.

Funniest part is, that fluke bowl win against Meatchicken in the Alamo bought that chump at least a couple more years.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby pup » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:00 pm

If Pelini is not a head coach in the next couple of years, a whole lot of AD's will have some explaining to do.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:34 pm

How about that baby pissing in the urine stained helmet?
CLASSIC

Return to College Sports Arena