Text Size

TheClevelandFan.com Feedback, Suggestions, Questions

Auto logon

Fire away! Your feedback is encouraged, and Swerb will address all questions, comments, suggestions, and concerns in here.

Moderators: The Tribe Zone, peeker643, swerb

Re: Auto logon

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:02 am

Are you using Firefox? I had that problem, and eventually I just switched browsers to Google Chrome.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby pup » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Did you check the box to log you in on every visit?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:18 am

Hey Lu....I'm running IE7 also.

Click on to the Forum Lobby. Scroll down the list of forums to the bottom. You will see a link to Delete All Forum Cookies on the left side.

Do that.

Then Relogin. You might have to do that when you revisit a couple times.

Make sure you click Stay Logged in everytime you do.

It should fix you up. ;-) ;) :wink:
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."Holy Shit, what a f'in ride!"
The Tribe Zone

Favorite Player: Mattingly
Least Favorite Player: Canseco

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:38 am

Delete the cookies one time. Then login.

Like I said, it may take a couple logins before it kicks in....

Let me know how it goes, ok.
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."Holy Shit, what a f'in ride!"
The Tribe Zone

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:30 am

Ok...try this. Let's adjust your surfing habits alittle.

When you login here, go ahead and surf the forum, do your posting, whatever.

When your done, leave the site 'up' on your browser, and open a new tab. Do you other web surfing in that new one.

TCF is a very Safe website. Let it run. When your ready to check out this site again, do it in the tab you already have it running on......If you need to relogin to do anything , let me know. (That helps me pin down the prob)

If after a coupla days of logins, your still having trouble, then it is a security setting in your IE.....

Cookies are a pain.....Most of the time, they suddenly start or stop working, but they should work, unless your IE isn't allowing them to.

We'll figure it out. :thumb up:
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

The Tribe Zone

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:30 pm

First time this year, I have gone more than 24 hours without having to log in here at home. I just got used to it, but since yesterday, I am pleased to report, that the auto logon has been woodie. I am a dedicated user of the firefox.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:16 pm

If your changing browsers, and then not having any problems, it means the sites cookies aren't the problem.....

The problem is, a cookie problem can have a long list of problem reasons that goes on for days...

Anything could be the culprit from Windows Firewalls, software firewalls, missed updates, a program you use resetting your defaults, too high of security settings and a ton more....

Some Quick Checks for IE...open IE, go to
Tools-Internet Options-Security Tab

The slider should be set at medium high....is yours higher?

You can also add this site to your trusted sites lists. That will allow you to lower the security setting to almost nothing Click the Trusted Sites Icon, type or copy/paste this sites URL into the url box, and click ALLOW, then lower the setting there to its lowest setting....(found at the bottom).....(Trusted sites use a custom setting you can set)

Tools-Internet Options-General Tab
Check the Settings button for your browsing history.
Check for newer versions of webpages should be on Automatically.
disk space to use should be at 250mb (setting that any higher has been said to 'confuse' IE)

If you don't check Always stay Logged In when you login here, then your using a cookie that expires very quickly......

If you check that box ,your cookie is designed to last much longer.....If you think you might have forgotten to check the Always Stay Logged In box just one time (especially after clearing your cookies), your IE might be using that cookie that expires quickly.....

That cookie was basically designed for when your using a computer at the school, library, or one that's shared, thus aiding in keeping your private info a bit safer.

cookie cookie cookie...... :sillies:

If you get bored, or have time, or seriously want your IE back, check those settings out....FireFox is a sweet browser too.

Its really tough for me to find your starting point, by not knowing your setup....

But I'll always offer any help I can........if you know that, then it's all good.

:thumb up:
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

The Tribe Zone

Unread postby RattleHead » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 pm

The Tribe Zone wrote:Ok...try this. Let's adjust your surfing habits alittle.

When you login here, go ahead and surf the forum, do your posting, whatever.

When your done, leave the site 'up' on your browser, and open a new tab. Do you other web surfing in that new one.

TCF is a very Safe website. Let it run. When your ready to check out this site again, do it in the tab you already have it running on......If you need to relogin to do anything , let me know. (That helps me pin down the prob)

If after a coupla days of logins, your still having trouble, then it is a security setting in your IE.....

Cookies are a pain.....Most of the time, they suddenly start or stop working, but they should work, unless your IE isn't allowing them to.

We'll figure it out. :thumb up:

I use Firefox and have been having the "log in every time" problem. Followed the advice here (deleted cookies), but still having the same problem. Tried the bolded part today, and I had to relogin after leaving the site up for a couple of hours. I visit a number of message boards during the day, some are php, some are not. This board is the only one I've had this issue with. Thanks for the help thus far TZ.
RattleHead

Favorite Player: Hank Aaron
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby Guest » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:05 am

I have the same issue as Lu, using IE
Tried all the suggestions here.
I have no issues on my work computer, just home.

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 am

The login cookies are good sports fans.

The problem is,

1)Something is blocking them (firewalls, security settings in the browsers)

or

2) Something is deleting them

When time permits, take a few minutes and run through your security programs.

ZoneAlarm, Windows Firewall, AdAware, Internet Explorer, Firefox, to name just a few you might be using....they are the most popular ones...

Its there somewhere, we just got to find it.. :pop:
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

The Tribe Zone

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:46 pm

OK, I got 1 question for everyone having login problems!

WHERE ARE YOU LOGGING IN AT?

Any particulair section or board?

Example Lobby (where all the forums are listed)

Browns forum?

Cavs forum?

somewhere else?

Thanks for your help!!!!!
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

The Tribe Zone

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:54 pm

I was logging in in the lobby.
StewieG

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks Stewie.....I want to be sure we're not having an issue with the themes....The main forum page is the theme that comes with the forum, so its a good one.

I am certain the others are also, as they were specified for this version.

But, ya never know eh!
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

The Tribe Zone

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:09 am

WarAdmiral wrote:First time this year, I have gone more than 24 hours without having to log in here at home. I just got used to it, but since yesterday, I am pleased to report, that the auto logon has been woodie. I am a dedicated user of the firefox.

I am back to logging in all the time again. I have no issues at work, only at home. I use firefox at work and it works like a charm. The security and fire walls are much more advanced than what I use at home.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:36 pm

IE users.....are you up to IE 7? Have you done all the updates?

Going from IE6 to IE7 , I for one, didn't like, but having used it now for a long time I forgot what I didn't like about the update.... :sillies:

For alot of good reasons, you should keep the browsers updated......

20% of the visitors here use IE6. :wha?: .....If your not having problems, fine, lets not fix what isn't broken.....but if you are, do the update to IE7!

Not sure what your using? Go up to HELP....scroll down to ABOUT INTERNET EXPLORER and click that...the popup box will tell you what you have.....also note it will tell how many updates there are for you.....

Also, if your coming from an old bookmark of swerbsblurbs.com, delete it, or change it to theclevelandfan.com...

Again, if you have any questions, or fears, let me know...... :thumb up:
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

The Tribe Zone

Unread postby RattleHead » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Also, if your coming from an old bookmark of swerbsblurbs.com, delete it, or change it to theclevelandfan.com...

That seems to have been the problem. Changed to theclevelandfan.com and the autologin is working now. Thanks!
RattleHead

Favorite Player: Hank Aaron
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Cool, I hope so rattlehead!

I'm 99% certain these are minor problems....

We'll eventually figure them out...
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

The Tribe Zone

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:14 pm

RattleHead wrote:

That seems to have been the problem. Changed to theclevelandfan.com and the autologin is working now. Thanks!

That did it for me, too. Seems that's the magic button.
StewieG

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Cool! Let's hope so!

Ya know, I came onto the site just after it went from swerbs to the clevelandfan.....I almost forgot about it...

It may take me awhile sometimes, but we'll get it right.... :yessss:
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

The Tribe Zone

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:53 pm

RattleHead wrote:

I was saved on swerbblurbs, so I changed it. I will let you know if that was the problem. I have a feeling it is. I had saved it at home, long before I saved the site at work, because of a new computer there.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:07 am

Thanks for everyones involvement!

:thumb up:
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

The Tribe Zone

Return to TheClevelandFan.com Feedback, Suggestions, Questions