Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Well...

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Well...

Unread postby AGoodPerson » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:01 pm

Bartolo Colon, deemed 'not ready for the start of the season' by our resident baseball execs,
has already shut out the Minnesota Double-Rugs through 6 innings - a performance
superior to ANYONE on the entire PR Machine (name change -formerly, "Indians") roster in five games.

(and for less money)
AGoodPerson
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:08 pm
Favorite Player: Yes
Least Favorite Player: Not Really

Re: Well...

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:16 pm

He was still too much of a risk, even Sidney Ponson had a couple good starts last year, you'll have that.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Well...

Unread postby OSU819903 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Are you kidding me. Posts like this are nothing more than a F-You to people who actual are fans. Posting shit like this 5 games into a season b/c he's had one good game is just moronic. Colon would have gotten the same pessimism that Pavano did had the Indians decided to give him the chance and now you come along being a Monday morning QB after ONE good start....awesome, just awesome.
"Forever, tomorrow and a day"
User avatar
OSU819903
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Elyria, OH
Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Chad, the Altel Guy

Re: Well...

Unread postby AGoodPerson » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Wasn't Monday morning. Check my posts.
AGoodPerson
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:08 pm
Favorite Player: Yes
Least Favorite Player: Not Really

Re: Well...

Unread postby OSU819903 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:27 pm

I just went back and checked them all, you mentioned that they better be kicking the tires on Colon ONCE. Not exactly calling it ahead of time there.
"Forever, tomorrow and a day"
User avatar
OSU819903
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Elyria, OH
Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Chad, the Altel Guy

Re: Well...

Unread postby AGoodPerson » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:27 pm

And I'm positive I've been a fan longer than "OSU819903" has been alive.
AGoodPerson
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:08 pm
Favorite Player: Yes
Least Favorite Player: Not Really

Re: Well...

Unread postby OSU819903 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:34 pm

What the F does that have to do w/anything?
"Forever, tomorrow and a day"
User avatar
OSU819903
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Elyria, OH
Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Chad, the Altel Guy

Re: Well...

Unread postby waborat » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:26 pm

Nostra-friggin-damus...

Help a brotha out...

Please let me know who's gonna win tomorrow's game?
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Well...

Unread postby Chris » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:11 pm

OSU819903 wrote:Are you kidding me. Posts like this are nothing more than a F-You to people who actual are fans. Posting shit like this 5 games into a season b/c he's had one good game is just moronic. Colon would have gotten the same pessimism that Pavano did had the Indians decided to give him the chance and now you come along being a Monday morning QB after ONE good start....awesome, just awesome.


AGREED.

This fat lard has a good game? Great. Still wouldnt have gotten him at the time.
Chris
 

Re: Well...

Unread postby daddywags » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:16 pm

Right, posting stuff about other players' success five games into the season is idiotic.

Now let's get back to serious business, like the "should Willis be fired" thread.
daddywags
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:22 pm

Re: Well...

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:22 pm

AGoodPerson wrote:Bartolo Colon, deemed 'not ready for the start of the season' by our resident baseball execs,
has already shut out the Minnesota Double-Rugs through 6 innings - a performance
superior to ANYONE on the entire PR Machine (name change -formerly, "Indians") roster in five games.

(and for less money)


As the great Winston Wolf said, "Let's not start suckin' out di&%s just yet."

You do realize, that if the season required Bart Colon to pitch 10 games, 32 teams would have been after him.

He made it thru a game, great. Keep pattin' yourself on the back thru 20 starts, and then you can proceed to blowing yourself.

Christ on a pony in this baseball area. DeRosa will never hit, can Willis, who do we deal at the deadline, 30 teams were stupid for passing on Colon based on one start.

Holy 90%.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Well...

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:37 pm

AGoodPerson


Just for starting this thread, I'd say you're not.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Well...

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:Christ on a pony in this baseball area. DeRosa will never hit, can Willis, who do we deal at the deadline, 30 teams were stupid for passing on Colon based on one start.

Yes, hi, welcome to the Tribe board. The hors d'ouevers are free and the cash bar is to your left.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: Well...

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:37 pm

AGoodPerson wrote:Bartolo Colon, deemed 'not ready for the start of the season' by our resident baseball execs,
has already shut out the Minnesota Double-Rugs through 6 innings - a performance
superior to ANYONE on the entire PR Machine (name change -formerly, "Indians") roster in five games.

(and for less money)


You forgot to throw in there how great Luke Scott, Jeremy Guthrie, Brandon Phillips, Kevin Kouzmanoff and the rest of the guys we got rid of are doing to really make this an truly obnoxious thread.

Work on it.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
User avatar
WiscTribeFan
Mook
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Kenosha, WI
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Well...

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:20 pm

You forgot to throw in there how great Luke Scott, Jeremy Guthrie, Brandon Phillips, Kevin Kouzmanoff and the rest of the guys we got rid of are doing to really make this an truly obnoxious thread.


Who's the Phillips guy?
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Well...

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:49 pm

bump

:lmfao:
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
Image
User avatar
consigliere
 
Posts: 10822
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:22 am
Location: Painesville Twp, OH
Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Re: Well...

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:52 pm

This cat disappeared faster than the guy who made the Cavs bet with John Hnat.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Well...

Unread postby Mcreek » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Luke Scott's numbers:

328 .400 .672 1.072 with 13 homers
" No big stars on the team is by design. "We can't afford to have the inefficiencies, even for a great talent. We need to function as efficiently as possible in our clubhouse, and that means guys have to know what it means to be a good teammate. We don't want to waste the energy on dealing with all those distractions. Besides, we value character over talent here in Cleveland---Mark Shapiro
User avatar
Mcreek
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Venice, Florida

Re: Well...

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:34 pm

Mcreek wrote:Luke Scott's numbers:

328 .400 .672 1.072 with 13 homers


Reminds me that Roger Maris was a Tribe signee. And Russell Branyan. Never know how great these guys will be when you turn 'em loose. Damn the front office.

Ehh, at least we're off the Ryan Church/Jeremy Guthrie train today. No one's quoting those numbers this season for some odd reason.

Question: why do we put the OPS number in there when stats are quoted? Can't people add the OBP and SLG? Is it a nod to those too damn dumb or just courtesy? Always puzzled me. That and the continued popularity of 'ER' after the original cast left.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22624
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Well...

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:35 pm

To be fair, the original poster was almost correct. Colon would have fit in really well with our bullpen.
Lokais
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Well...

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Lokais wrote:To be fair, the original poster was almost correct. Colon would have fit in really well with our bullpen.


not with that humongous ass!!! that thing was so huge, it would take up all 3 cushions on my couch. hee-hee!!! :heehee:
dave . . .
davemanddd
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:07 pm
Location: mansfield, ohio
Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Re: Well...

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:39 pm

davemanddd wrote:
Lokais wrote:To be fair, the original poster was almost correct. Colon would have fit in really well with our bullpen.


not with that humongous ass!!! that thing was so huge, it would take up all 3 cushions on my couch. hee-hee!!! :heehee:


Bartolo doesn't need a couch. He brings his own with him everywhere he goes.
Lokais
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Well...

Unread postby 1Perry » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:56 pm

One of my favorite games that I actually attended was game 1 of the playoffs in 99 where Colon beat Pedro. The Colon trade can be pointed as one of the few things SHapiro did right.

So Colon pitched very well as an Indian and helped the Indians a lot when he left. I'm very glad the Tribe beat him today but I have no reason to personally knock him.

I wish him well.
User avatar
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:56 pm

Re: Well...

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:05 am

Keeping in mind that Colon is still making more money than probably everyone here, it must be difficult for a professional athlete who was once considered an elite talent to pitch after that mojo is gone. In his prime he could pretty much throw that fastball past anyone, but now it's an upper 80s meat ball.

When a skinny stick like Valbuena takes you yard, convincingly, you know that you're past the downward slide. It was painful to watch him pitch.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
User avatar
WiscTribeFan
Mook
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Kenosha, WI
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Well...

Unread postby Lokais » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:12 am

WiscTribeFan wrote:Keeping in mind that Colon is still making more money than probably everyone here, it must be difficult for a professional athlete who was once considered an elite talent to pitch after that mojo is gone. In his prime he could pretty much throw that fastball past anyone, but now it's an upper 80s meat ball.

When a skinny stick like Valbuena takes you yard, convincingly, you know that you're past the downward slide. It was painful to watch him pitch.


This is why it is better to figure out when to bow out gracefully, rather than be forced into retirement because you suck so bad.
Lokais
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Well...

Unread postby hornet84 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:54 am

Lokais wrote:
WiscTribeFan wrote:Keeping in mind that Colon is still making more money than probably everyone here, it must be difficult for a professional athlete who was once considered an elite talent to pitch after that mojo is gone. In his prime he could pretty much throw that fastball past anyone, but now it's an upper 80s meat ball.

When a skinny stick like Valbuena takes you yard, convincingly, you know that you're past the downward slide. It was painful to watch him pitch.


This is why it is better to figure out when to bow out gracefully, rather than be forced into retirement because you suck so bad.


" Was that last remark directed at me ?"
Steve Carlton, Dave Winfield, Willie Mays and Henry Aaron
User avatar
hornet84
Big Mon
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: The Big Show
Least Favorite Player: Bud Selig

Re: Well...

Unread postby Lokais » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:19 am

hornet84 wrote:
Lokais wrote:
WiscTribeFan wrote:Keeping in mind that Colon is still making more money than probably everyone here, it must be difficult for a professional athlete who was once considered an elite talent to pitch after that mojo is gone. In his prime he could pretty much throw that fastball past anyone, but now it's an upper 80s meat ball.

When a skinny stick like Valbuena takes you yard, convincingly, you know that you're past the downward slide. It was painful to watch him pitch.


This is why it is better to figure out when to bow out gracefully, rather than be forced into retirement because you suck so bad.


" Was that last remark directed at me ?"
Steve Carlton, Dave Winfield, Willie Mays and Henry Aaron


Not just baseball, either. Brett Farve, I'm looking at you.
Lokais
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: New York City


Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests