Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Instead of being a fan of the Cleveland Indians...

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Instead of being a fan of the Cleveland Indians...

Unread postby TribeHD » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:00 pm

I'm thinking of being a fan for every other team But the Cleveland Indians.

Is there a way to be a fan of Every team except one team? Anyone ever do that?
TribeHD

Re: Instead of being a fan of the Cleveland Indians...

Unread postby Chris » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Not intentionally, but I only get excited/have fun when watching other teams so it kind of turns out that way.
Chris

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Chris wrote:Not intentionally, but I only get excited/have fun when watching other teams so it kind of turns out that way.

Then why in the hell are you here?
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Chris » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:43 pm

Consigliere wrote:
Chris wrote:Not intentionally, but I only get excited/have fun when watching other teams so it kind of turns out that way.

Then why in the hell are you here?

Because I'm an Indians fan?

I have never been able to legitimately root for any other team because I was born an Indians fan and raised an Indians fan.

That doesn't mean watching what I saw tonight is "fun". And because I have fun watching other teams doesn't mean I can 'root' for them.

Are you telling me you have fun watching stuff like tonight? I think you're looking into what I said a little too deeply. I don't think this is fun for any of us. Nobody likes a loser, not even the most optimistic poster here. But we're Indians fans, this is what we do. One day maybe we'll get lucky.
Chris

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:10 am

This is why I'm thankful I'm not just a general baseball fan, but rather just an Indians fan :).

I'm casual when it comes to the sport, but I enjoy going to the games win/lose, it's fun to be around the Prog.

I half-root for the Reds, but like the Browns I guess I'm stuck with the Tribe for life. :hide:
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:18 am

Lucky I have the Cubbies to root for

well actually I can't think of 2 worse choices of teams to support in baseball
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:30 am

0-5 start after today

if Nats win that makes us the worst team in baseball

wonder who we will waste the number 1 pick on next year??
:bag: :bag:
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby POLO » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:24 am

Let's not throw the season away after the first 4 games. It seems like more often than not we start out a little sluggish every year.

We are hitting the ball well, But frankly we are making some very rookie mistakes on the base paths not to mention muffing some fairly routine infield hits. (Oh and Shin Soo Choo muff in the 8th inning was disgusting)

I will grant you that I would prefer not to have these games so close together but there are 158 more games for redemption.
POLO.....PEACE OUT
http://www.pmgcash.com

These are my thoughts not yours !!!
POLO

Favorite Player: Mike Hargrove
Least Favorite Player: John Elway

Unread postby Chris » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:26 am

Well I'll be at class and then out to eat so I will only be able to watch part of the game, go Tribe and bring us a win....Cliff Lee its up to you.
Chris

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Chris wrote:Well I'll be at class and then out to eat so I will only be able to watch part of the game, go Tribe and bring us a win....Cliff Lee its up to you.

So this means you won't be around to pollute the game threads?

:nanner:
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Chris » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Consigliere wrote:
Chris wrote:Well I'll be at class and then out to eat so I will only be able to watch part of the game, go Tribe and bring us a win....Cliff Lee its up to you.

That's not nice.
Chris

Unread postby Frank Furter » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Chris wrote:That's not nice.

And neither have many of your posts. It's posters like you why I hardly ever post on here anymore. (& I don't have many posts to my name and I've been registered here for almost 2 years now, I think). I simply lurk -- and shake my head at times.

It's beyond frustrating to have so-called "fans" starting to talk ish and speaking (albeit not directly saying it) like the season's over before we even get a week into the season.

It's not like you are the only one around here frustrated at the way this team (particularly the pitching) is performing right now. Perhaps the clubhouse is missing a leader to give this team some sort of "Come To Jesus". I certainly don't know what the issue is, but they better find it. They HAVE to find it. Or it will indeed be a long, long summer. A long, long summer that'll see plenty of green in the ballpark. "Green" meaning empty seats. This team has a problem getting people to buy a ticket in a GOOD economy (or a year after getting a game away from heading to the World Series). Hell, I have even held off buying a ticket right now. Not even those $20 All-you-can-eat seats that were on sale last Monday was enough to get my money right now. And that bothers the hell out of me, but I'd rather spend my money watching the Aeros, which are about 15 minutes away from me in Downtown Akron.

I would love to see nothing more than the team that came back late in the 2007 season (IIRC, it was after the Yankees embarrassed us in OUR park) and after that...well we know what happened after that. I am waiting for THAT to happen NOW! I am pretty sure we ALL are.

But seriously dude, we're not on here saying the stuff you are. We might be if it was 4 months later. But not 4-5 days into the season. You need to step away from the game for a day or two. For your own sanity.
Frank Furter

Unread postby POLO » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Frank Furter wrote:

And neither have many of your posts. It's posters like you why I hardly ever post on here anymore. (& I don't have many posts to my name and I've been registered here for almost 2 years now, I think). I simply lurk -- and shake my head at times.

It's beyond frustrating to have so-called "fans" starting to talk ish and speaking (albeit not directly saying it) like the season's over before we even get a week into the season.

It's not like you are the only one around here frustrated at the way this team (particularly the pitching) is performing right now. Perhaps the clubhouse is missing a leader to give this team some sort of "Come To Jesus". I certainly don't know what the issue is, but they better find it. They HAVE to find it. Or it will indeed be a long, long summer. A long, long summer that'll see plenty of green in the ballpark. "Green" meaning empty seats. This team has a problem getting people to buy a ticket in a GOOD economy (or a year after getting a game away from heading to the World Series). Hell, I have even held off buying a ticket right now. Not even those $20 All-you-can-eat seats that were on sale last Monday was enough to get my money right now. And that bothers the hell out of me, but I'd rather spend my money watching the Aeros, which are about 15 minutes away from me in Downtown Akron.

I would love to see nothing more than the team that came back late in the 2007 season (IIRC, it was after the Yankees embarrassed us in OUR park) and after that...well we know what happened after that. I am waiting for THAT to happen NOW! I am pretty sure we ALL are.

But seriously dude, we're not on here saying the stuff you are. We might be if it was 4 months later. But not 4-5 days into the season. You need to step away from the game for a day or two. For your own sanity.

I'll second that sentiment.

On another note I would like to say I whole heartegly agree about needing some direction in the clubhouse. Also, no manager (at least in my mind) is in more need of some kind of game situation management training than our beloved. I can only wonder if Shapiro and Wedge weren't "Butt Buddies" How long would he have been able to keep this job. I am not mad just disappointed. We deserve better.

Tribe fan for life but still frustrated.
POLO.....PEACE OUT
http://www.pmgcash.com

These are my thoughts not yours !!!
POLO

Favorite Player: Mike Hargrove
Least Favorite Player: John Elway

Unread postby tribefan333 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Ya know what, how about this:

If you're one of those people who want to bitch and moan and give up on the season a week into it, how about you ACTUALLY do that instead of continuing to pollute these forums for 5 months with the same crap, only to completely reverse your attitude the minute Cleveland wins 3 or 4 games in a row. If you say you want to walk out the door, do it.

And that is NOT directed towards any one person in or out of this thread, just to all the nay-sayers who already want everyone else to give up with them.
tribefan333
Cleveland Rocks

Favorite Player: Grady/Fausto/Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Joba Chamberlain

Unread postby Chris » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Frank Furter wrote:

Fair enough.

But I have yet to be mean to anyone. Not a single person. But point taken.
Chris

Unread postby Destiny » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Chris wrote:
Consigliere wrote:

That's not nice.

Hey Consigliere were you ever accused of being nice? If so where did you hide the body? :heehee:
The longer I live the more I believe. You do have to give if you wanna recieve
There's a time to listen, a time to talk, And you might have to crawl even after you walk
Had sure things blow up in my face, Seen the longshot, win the race
Been knocked down by the slamming door, Picked myself up and came back for more

Life's a dance you learn as you go, Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know, Life's a dance you learn as you go.
Destiny

Favorite Player: Tribe
Least Favorite Player: Yankees/Red Sox

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:03 pm

tribefan333 wrote:Ya know what, how about this:

If you're one of those people who want to bitch and moan and give up on the season a week into it, how about you ACTUALLY do that instead of continuing to pollute these forums for 5 months with the same crap, only to completely reverse your attitude the minute Cleveland wins 3 or 4 games in a row. If you say you want to walk out the door, do it.

And that is NOT directed towards any one person in or out of this thread, just to all the nay-sayers who already want everyone else to give up with them.

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB