Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

I Wouldn't Want To Be An Eagles Fan Right Now ...

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

I Wouldn't Want To Be An Eagles Fan Right Now ...

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:36 pm

The NFC East should be LOADED next season.

Washington, the Giants, Dallas ... all playoff caliber teams a year ago, all have made great improvements in FA.

Dallas - Added Terrell Owens. Added Kyle Kosier and Jason Fabini to their OL, losing nothing. And added a couple good under the radar LBs in Akin Ayodele and Rocky Boiman. Lost Keyshawn, LaRoi Glover, and LB Scott Fujita. Great coach. Vet QB in Bledsoe. Two very talented runners in Julius Jones and Marion Barber. Witten and Glenn both back as well. Great secondary with Terence Newman, A.Henry, and Roy Williams.

Giants - About to add Keyshawn to Tiki, B.Jacobs, Plaxico, and Shockey. Young emerging QB in Eli. OL really came together nice for them last year, and returns in tact. Severely upgraded their secondary with the additions of Sam Madison, Will Demps, and RW McQuarters. The most feared pair of Def Ends in the league in Strahan and Umeniyora. Lost no one of significance.

Washington - Like what they did this off-season, adding Randle-El, Brandon Lloyd, Fauria, Adam Archuleta, and Andre Carter. Lost no one of significance. Defense will not miss a beat with Carter replacing LaVar at OLB. Archuleta and Sean Taylor at teh safeties, with Springs and Carlos Rogers at CBs is sick. Defense will once again be very good. Brunell is the question mark, but Santana Moss, Randle El, and Lloyd at WR ... with Fauria and Cooley at TE is very strong. Oh yeah, they have Clinton Portis as well.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby verba » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:47 pm

I don't know about the Cowboys and Redskins, though the Giants look good on paper right now. I disagree on Bledsoe as a "vet quarterback" I kind of think he's a statue that will win a few games with his arm but lose others because he will be sacked five times.

Redskins have a weak and thin offensive line and sacrifice depth every year because they make big name signings and don't draft well. They jettisoned one young quarterback to make way for another. Ramsey for Jason Campbell, don't seem to have a big picture plan in place yet even with Joe Gibbs.

Eagles on the other hand, always draft well and have hands down the best quarterback in the division. McNabb will come out of the gates with a chip on his shoulder. The Eagles will also be rid of the cancer that plagued them last year (TO). They have a solid foundation at offensive line, defensive backfield, tight ends, and of course, at quarterback. I'm looking for the Eagles to come back strong next season.

Giants are a tough one to figure out, because I still don't know if Eli will become like Couch, in that he will have a promising first couple of seasons then never improve. I go back and forth on the Giants, but am still bullish on the Eagles taking the division despite the additions on the other NFC East division teams.
"I tried it, but I didn't inhale."
-Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
verba

Unread postby Guest » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:14 am

I dont think the Redskins move are that good.
They overpaid for Randle-El
All the other guys are overrated old farts.
Just because your a Skins fan Dick, doesnt make them good moves.

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL